Run flats on Rays

MrsNiki

After picking up my beauty last week, I discovered she had a really irritating squeal coming from the rear near side wheel. Took it back to the dealership who found out that the tyre valve was leaking, causing the tyre to be slightly deflated and rubbing against something else (I was paying attention to what the mechanic told me, honest!).

Anyway on further inspection, Mr Niki realised that the rear Rays are running Dunlop run flats, but the front Rays are on normal Falkons. So, a couple of questions:

1: Are Rays designed for run flat tyres? If not will they be damaged?

2: Does the 370Z have a TPMS? The valves and caps look standard to me, so not sure how it would work.

The dealership have gone away to get replacement rear tyres for me (non run flats) and will change them at no cost, I just want to make sure that nothing will be damaged because of this!

Cheers

Niki

2: Does the 370Z have a TPMS? The valves and caps look standard to me, so not sure how it would work.

Niki

Yes it does. However the unit is inside the wheel and from what I can see is attached to the valve so you can't see them. If the tyres have been replaced then the valves should also have been replaced so its more than likely that they won't have been refitted. Check with the dealer to make sure you have them as it is now part of the MOT.

Pete

Pete

Trust me, they are coming off, i have no need for them at all!! Just want to make sure they haven't hurt Bianca's feet lol!!

Mr Niki's BMW runs on runflats, and it is set up for them, but you can still feel the difference when driving.

:)

• 1 year later...