Wheel judders over 60mph?

Brummiestormer

Hi mate :wave: check that the tyre is seated correctly also is it just the one wheel if so then swap it over with the opposite if it follows the wheel so to speak you know it's the wheel/ tyre but if it stays to that side then it's a bearing or such like :thumbs:

On a previous car I bought, the car had Goodyear F1 Eagles with plenty of tread, but experienced the same problem (at similar speed). Balanced the wheels but made no difference. The tyre fitter then removed the tyres, several repairs had been done to the tyre by the previous owner. After swapping the tyres, the juddering was gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem, wheel wobble over 40mph, had them re-balanced, wobble over 60mph, took them to another tyre dealer and re-balanced again, all out as the previous tyre dealer's equipment was out of calibration. Do your spigot rings fit nice and tight?...again, I went through 2 sets off ebay then had a set specially made for my car.

I was also told that "Avon" tyres distort slightly at higher speed. I have these on the rears and I can still feel a vibration through my seat @ 80mph, only very slightly though. I can live with that.

I know how you feel though, spending loads of money on wheels only to make the car worse. Makes you wish you hadn't bothered.

Apparently the new balancing machine was not set up properly and after another visit it's now thankfully ok

Good news - Hope they didn't charge you and refunded the second cost!