boot light, map lights, indicator lights on dash not working

bencider

All the above lights have stopped working. Went to change bulb in boot and it didn't work .. now the dome lights and the green flashing lights for indicators not working. I also noticed when u put side lights on that light on dash does not come on.. can't find the blown fuse.. any one know?

Thanks

check your fuses under the bonnet located under the panel by battery and the small fuse box near the accelerator pedal behind the little panel if no fuses are blown ,i suspect a possible BCM fault .I hope not as they are not cheap if this is the case it may be repairable as there is a common fault which is a burnt track on the circuit board i have worked on one before and think i have the information somewhere if it does turn out to be the problem

Edited by techinstaller

BCM =

In automotive electronics, body control module is a generic term for an electronic control unit responsible for monitoring and controlling various electronic accessories in a vehicle's body. Typically in a car the BCM controls the power windows, power mirrors, air conditioning, immobilizer system, central locking, etc.

Hope that helps :)

No idea which fuse - check em all :lol:

+1 on checking fuse. Try to reset by disconnecting the battery and reconnect again.

I change my interior bulbs to LED last year and somehow managed to short circuit my zed where most of my interior electronics stopped working (windows, electric seat, seat heater and central locking). However by disconnecting the battery only fixed it temporarily. I ended up going to Nissan dealership for a factory reset and it all works again.

So hopefully the 'spark' you mentioned temporarily screw up your BCM.

Have a read here to reset interior lighting -

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/51881-interior-lighting-reset/

Let us know how you get on and good luck B)

Edited by veeg33

Tried the BCM reset?

oth windows down, open both doors, disconnect battery earth lead. Wait five minutes until BCM resets itself, reconnect battery terminal and viola we have lights in the interior again.

Otherwise, somewhere their is a post about repairing the BCM. Its a single track that gets fried and you can bridge it with some wire. Alternatively yeah it's a replacement needed. I'm pretty sure you can use any BCM from any 350 however, you don't need a "box fresh" one from Nissan

EDIT: found the guide

http://www.dmcauley.com/350z/BCM_repair_350z_UK_2004.pdf

Edited by cs2000

Thanks will check this guide out,, yea went and read some posts from search did a reset but nothing.. Can't believe some electrics can be this sensitive..now my dad's saying " you will have these expensive cars " haha

So pulled out the bcm, took it apart and found no problems, frustrated at this point and with the fuses box hanging down I grabbed my meter and could not believe it,, a fuse WAS blown.. looked fine to look at as it blown at one end.. unbelievable... Changed fuse plugged everything back in and all working again .. Will meter all my fuses next time lol

• Like 3

• 4 years later...
14 hours ago, Ziptieordie said:

Sorry to resserect a very old thread but these exact symptoms have just happened to me and I was hoping to know what fuse this was that blew? 

Check all them as it wasn't mentioned, there isn't many of them.