Door Scratch and Dent

jessejk

All,

Just wanted to know your thoughts on the picture attached. Was hit whilst parked up last night and found a letter from the perp (which was nice of her as she could have just left).

Would that be a panel change or get rid of the dents and resprasy... Also are there any Nissan Dealers + Garages near Woodford (IG8) in London that would be good to deal with this sort of mess...?

Regards

Jesse

Ps the marks at the rear just need to be cleaned :)

post-17817-0-64496500-1428928767_thumb.jpg

Edited by jessejk

That will require the whole side of the car painting in order to blend it in, and the damage looks quite extensive, so it would be your call on whether to fit a new panel or not.

Edited by ts743

Nope that's not me but I know the one you mean as I drive past it quite often.

I don't mind getting a new panel but will just have to figure out where to get it from. Might try the Nissan dealership and see what they say...

Nope that's not me but I know the one you mean as I drive past it quite often.

I don't mind getting a new panel but will just have to figure out where to get it from. Might try the Nissan dealership and see what they say...

Ah ok thought it might be you as it's the same colour. Whereabouts you based then? There's quite a few of us locally who get together occasionally meet up for drives, etc

Hi mate, really we need to see the damage from a different angle to determine the severity of damage (i.e. How much is it dented inwards). If you pop in to our body shop we can give you a non obligatory estimate. We are just on A406 near Wembley. PM for more details.

Taras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate, really we need to see the damage from a different angle to determine the severity of damage (i.e. How much is it dented inwards). If you pop in to our body shop we can give you a non obligatory estimate. We are just on A406 near Wembley. PM for more details.

Taras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for RT :thumbs:

The chances are once the door panel is removed, and the dent can be accessed, the majority may push back into shape thus minimal filler. Also depends on how much stress the panel has received. It definitely cannot be painted edge to edge, as a single panel, it will need blending and lacquering the whole side out. Also most importantly, is agreeing the payment cost, whether a private or insurance company repair. Hope all goes well for you. :)