GT-Four

coldel

Ha! I think just a spirited drive should shake off half the rust mate ;)

Did a second pass today with a finer finishing polish then Victoria Concours wax, I am now addicted to machine polishing, where has it been all my life :lol: It looks really good, but the difference is the feel, the smoothness of the finish when you run your fingertips over it is unbelievable.

IMG_3766_zpskhqmjmqt.jpg

• Like 5

Its a Kestrel that many companies seem to own label, have a nose on ebay lots of 'companies' selling the same machine with their sticker on.

Its a good bit of kit, a fair bit noisier than the one for instance Wasso used some time back on my Zed, think his was a Megs pro one. But it does the job and for the money you get a lot of stuff in the start package.

I went for this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-dual-action-polisher/das-6-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-intro-kit/prod_721.html but its now out of stock! There is also a working 5% discount code on CYC at the moment if you google it.

Mine was all Menzerna branded, both the pads and the polish, I used about half of a 250ml bottle of polish doing my car. I used the medium/yellow pad on mine.

• Like 1

I think it was repainted in Japan where it had a single owner from new (I even have his address!) and was kept inside, it was then auctioned off to the UK and picked up by a car collector and kept in a lock up, he only did 900 miles in it between 2009 and 2015 when I bought it - seemed mental as I have a folder of receipts totally up thousands of pounds and the guy never drove it. So it hasn't really seen the light of day for years before me...hence the lack of oxidization in the red paint.

JDM ones came with more power out the factory than UK ones ;)

I'll have you know that there isn't anything power related on mine that's untouched from the factory anymore :p I even have a teeny tiny bit more capacity than you do! Re-bore ftw :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

More speakers in - this time some 6.5" Alpine G-Series into the rear quarters.

Absolute pain to do, took nearly two hours, had to remove the back seats completely and pull out the interior plastics to get to the old speakers. Anyway, news ones fitted and boy does it rumble now :teeth:

IMG_3964_zps6hrlmhnc.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As you may have read on other threads the old girl took on the NC500 last weekend, and passed with flying colours drove absolutely faultlessly, started on the button every time and never dropped down on power. Very pleased and just blown away by how she did a good job of keeping up with many much newer more powerful cars. So as a reward she got a good clean and was treated to a new set of wheel nuts :)

IMG_4271_zps6lyomyzr.jpg

• Like 4