GT-Four

coldel

Like the picture of all the GT4's lined up. B)

So you say yours was the least modified, ...had any of them extracted much extra horse power from them then? Just curious as to how tune-able the engines are on them. ;)

The 3S-GTE is a bit of an unsung hero. it's really tunable. On standard pistons, cons, rings, injectors you can push out 350 hp. But that is rinsing it a bit. You'd really need to change the fuel pump. After that you'd need to upgrade internals for reliable power gains. I know of a few who run 380 hp on standard parts but i'd say that really is pushing your luck, The big issue with these engines is the cooling. They get really hot. When i had mine i had a 3.5 inch thick FMIC with an oil cooler, HKS lower temp thermostat and cooler plugs. Mine was mapped on an MoTeC Mpro @ 315 hp. It never missed a beat, never over heated, never broke down. Fantastic car, especially since it was 20+ years old. Super cool thing i liked is, if you gave it the thrashing of its dear little life and got back home , provided it was dark enough, you could open the bonnet to see the housing and sometimes the snail on the turbo glowing orange!!! :scare:
  • Like 1

Would love some but when they retail around the £400-£500 mark seems like a lot. I have HID on it at the moment so get plenty of light, but agree projectors look much better.

Ah. HIDs in ordinary halogen headlights are a major no-no for me... the glare for other drivers is horrific!

Would love some but when they retail around the £400-£500 mark seems like a lot. I have HID on it at the moment so get plenty of light, but agree projectors look much better.

Ah. HIDs in ordinary halogen headlights are a major no-no for me... the glare for other drivers is horrific!

They went through the MoT fine aligned slightly downward. But yes HIDs annoy me too but have become pretty much standard on half the cars on the road it seems.

• Like 1

@Rock_Steady ~ Thanks for the info on the GT4 engine. :clap::thumbs:

Re: HID's ~ They don't really bother me tbh.

Used to have them fitted on my old EP3 CTR which passed its MOT every year and the HIDs were fantastic for lighting up unlit B roads for a spot of night driving.

If you are talking annoying lights/habits then I get more annoyed with the amount of people using fog lights when it's not even foggy, people with no lights on at night or several lights out, oh & those people with green or blue headlights! :dry::wave:

• Like 2

Took the opportunity in the sun to pick and install my new front speakers, Pioneer 2013i's, not much choice really as the fronts are 20cm in diameter which is a pretty rare size. Anyway, they are 80w RMS which fits great with my head units 50w output.

Door cards came off easily enough, unbolted the speakers and had to contend with some serious amounts of black goo which acts as adhesive/sound deadening, anyway after some gentle persuasion out popped the old ones in not bad nick for 21 years old!

IMG_3619_zpsvn5t1p6s.jpg

The Pioneers were not a direct fit, but a bit of a squeeze and managed to get them in behind the grills. Annoyingly the grills are attached to the door card so it all has to come off rather than something nice and easy like unscrewing them...still...

IMG_3617_zpsy9uigt5l.jpg

Sounds fantastic, JVC double din head unit, Alpine bass speaker and now these, perfect for me :)

• Like 1

Perfect day for a clean, also purchased a clay mitt...and after one use subsequently binned my clay bar, wow how much easier was that. I wasn't holding out much expectation, but it really does do the job in a fraction of the time. Anyway, just under three hours to go through a detox clay polish and wax and a nice end result...

SAM_3278_zpssxn5u3ou.jpg

SAM_3258_zpsrlct0aip.jpg

• Like 5

Fantastic weather today coldel for driving or working on the car, ...as I'm not so in love with my CTR I decided to use it as a refuse van and dropped a load of rubbish off to the local tip. :lol:

I did give it a hoover afterwards though to make it feel a little better. :teeth:

• Like 2

I am completely sold on the clay mitts, so much more practical and really do have the same effectiveness as a bar.

I couldn't get on with the one i bought, It just kept marring my paint. Maybe i had a crap one.

I got a carpro one, lots of rapid detailer as well to ensure no marring. Someone on Detailingworld used a diluted solution of IronX which I think is a great idea.

I am completely sold on the clay mitts, so much more practical and really do have the same effectiveness as a bar.

I couldn't get on with the one i bought, It just kept marring my paint. Maybe i had a crap one.

I got a carpro one, lots of rapid detailer as well to ensure no marring. Someone on Detailingworld used a diluted solution of IronX which I think is a great idea.

I can't remember who mine was by, been a couple of years and went straight in the bin. Good idea for the ironx when I'm claying next

Fantastic weather today coldel for driving or working on the car, ...as I'm not so in love with my CTR I decided to use it as a refuse van and dropped a load of rubbish off to the local tip. :lol:

I did give it a hoover afterwards though to make it feel a little better. :teeth:

Not feeling the FN2 much?

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered this little chap this week, arrived Friday...happy but slightly nervous faces in the coldel household.

IMG_3740_zpsnhnrdst3.jpg

But first the car needed some attention from this

IMG_3738_zpsrnicbreb.jpg

The reason being thanks to some builders at one of the two houses being renovated opposite who couldnt care less about peoples property my bonnet and other parts of the paintwork had suffered...

IMG_3720_zps0mkgpala.jpg

So after a good wash and clay, a nervous coldel attempting his first machine polish got to work with some of this stuff

IMG_3739_zpsi8lompup.jpg

I have to say, what a difference a machine polisher makes, wow, just wow. A couple of hours of some work and the car generally looked like this all over

IMG_3728_zpsgcbsxqwz.jpg

SAM_3402_zpsehrnbxje.jpg

Would really recommend if you spend hours polishing your Zed or the like, do invest, well worth it.

• Like 4

Not feeling the FN2 much?

Don't get me wrong it's not a bad car: handles well, goes pretty fast & revs like crazy, ...but I'm not modifying it as I don't see it really worth the commitment and I don't see it as a car I'm really enjoying like I did with the 350Z.

Been looking at other cars literally since I got the CTR so you can tell I'm not really digging it. :shrug:;)

@Coldel ~ sorry to have gone a little off topic there.

The mop/polish looks like it's done an excellent job in your hands on the GT4. B):D