My Rosie needs a new windscreen 😟

richyrich

Went for a drive just to fill up with fuel, got home and decided to do car washing.

Unfortunately during the whole process, including snow foaming, she ended up with a 12" long crack from the top near the mirror 😞😞

Insurance covered but gotta pay excess £75 - have to wait up to 3 days to even hear back from them with appointment time/date. Good job I don't need it as a daily!

Rich

Careful who they send and watch them like a hawk. When Auto Windscreens did mine they snapped some poppers, and worse didn't get the screen quite lined up right so the bottom was a bit too far forwards. I had to stuff it with foam to stop squeaks and a gap with the dash you could get your hand down. It looked fine from the outside though.

In my experience of having windscreens replaced its never quite right afterwards so the only thing you can do is watch the fitter.

• Like 1

Picked up a chip on Wednesday morning 3 miles later it was a 12" crack behind the mirror.

Had it done yesterday by National Windscreens, 2 days from the initial call as I wouldn't wait 7 days for Auto Windscreens.

Did a great job. 2 fitters who took pride in their work.

Nice clean install, even took care with my auto-dim mirror as its hard wired and not on a plug.

Cleanest my screen has been for a year. B) £75 to get it clean tho :angry:

• Like 1

Will - it was clean until it rained yesterday - now it's covered in sand from the desert 😡 Can't win.

Toon Chris - Still haven't heard from them about time/date, but when they do get round to it I will be watching there every move.

I tend to think the same though - it'll never be the same.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Had it booked in to be done today by Autoglass.

Rearranged some work I had lined up for the day coz I wanted to get it done and weather forecast was good - which basically meant I lost £250.

Moved the cars around on the driveway so the Z was in the centre, so it could be worked on from both sides.

No sooner had I got back inside the house when the phone rang at 9.15 - job cancelled due to technician phoning in sick😡

Next available day is next Tuesday, I've had to cancel another job I had lined up for this day at a cost again of £250 to me😡

Need/want to get it done - the weather better be good next Tuesday.

Fed up Rich

I dropped mine off at one of their indoor centers, IIRC they have to take part of the roof off to get to the clips.

My roof will be folded away - but I'm guessing that there will be some things coming off that will hopefully being going back together okay!

Rich

Windscreen replaced today - must admit the guy did a good job.

Apparently, he reckons to get it done and pay the full price it would cost about £1600 !!!

And he seems to be doing a lot of Jags at the moment

Happy bunny now.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine done by Autoglass about a week ago - screen was scratched (didn't notice until I drove it home), left half of the cables hanging out and there's wind noise from the driver's door at 50mph+

Much complaining later they are fitting a new one - but have to wait another 3 weeks. Needless to say they will be watched like a hawk.