Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Well to be honest after TT ride i kinda wanted to avoid single turbo ride. I was thinking it will be same as you described and i already had bit scared of TT experience so i was looking it will be brutal ride. Well it was completely opposite. Car is runned by Haltech and it is tuned so fine i couldn't believe that so much torque and power can be delivered to tarmac without traction problems. I really cant wait mine build plus I also went with Jwt cams to use full potential of Precision 6266 turbo and upper end

It does sound like it was extremely well tuned to deliver power so smoothly and from so low down all the way to the red line too. Who tuned that?

Do cams add much to a turbo install with regards to how the car behaves?

It has been done here in Croatia. Two of guys here one is in charge for mechanical part and one for ECU. Booth owning FI Z's only different application TT and ST. Combined they do real magic. I must say SA Haltech is really impressive ECU. From boost and torque control by gears, anti lag, etc. There is so much options and varieties to be configured once you know what you are doing car can behave flawless.

He did my tune with Up rev managing to get from i thing 284 whp and 310 nm to 305 whp and 340 nm. And as for cams I was told with Boosted Performance Turbo kit max output on stock cams is 650 whp. With bit more aggressive cams full potential of Precision Turbo can be achieved

• Like 1

Well to be honest after TT ride i kinda wanted to avoid single turbo ride. I was thinking it will be same as you described and i already had bit scared of TT experience so i was looking it will be brutal ride. Well it was completely opposite. Car is runned by Haltech and it is tuned so fine i couldn't believe that so much torque and power can be delivered to tarmac without traction problems. I really cant wait mine build plus I also went with Jwt cams to use full potential of Precision 6266 turbo and upper end

It does sound like it was extremely well tuned to deliver power so smoothly and from so low down all the way to the red line too. Who tuned that?

It has been done here in Croatia. Two of guys here one is in charge for mechanical part and one for ECU. Booth owning FI Z's only different application TT and ST. Combined they do real magic. I must say SA Haltech is really impressive ECU. From boost and torque control by gears, anti lag, etc. There is so much options and varieties to be configured once you know what you are doing car can behave flawless.

He did my tune with Up rev managing to get from i thing 284 whp and 310 nm to 305 whp and 340 nm. And as for cams I was told with Boosted Performance Turbo kit max output on stock cams is 650 whp. With bit more aggressive cams full potential of Precision Turbo can be achieved

They both work at the same place then. That's cool and obviously passionate about their 350's. And it sounds like they're really professional. What's the name of the company?

Sounds like you're planning a very powerful Z! I'll keep reading your build thread.

305whp on an NA is amazing!

They both work at the same place then. That's cool and obviously passionate about their 350's. And it sounds like they're really professional. What's the name of the company?

Sounds like you're planning a very powerful Z! I'll keep reading your build thread.

Funny thing is that they don't work in company they do it for hobby . They live in same town but they run on each other on my350z forum and collaboration started. Ecu guy is well know here as he was running b4 and Volvo S40 1.8t with 550 whp on Street race events which was a daily driver too and than move to 350Z. Im lucky to run on them in this small country as together they do a excellent team.

• Like 1

Funny thing is that they don't work in company they do it for hobby . They live in same town but they run on each other on my350z forum and collaboration started. Ecu guy is well know here as he was running b4 and Volvo S40 1.8t with 550 whp on Street race events which was a daily driver too and than move to 350Z. Im lucky to run on them in this small country as together they do a excellent team.

They must have a lot of spare cash mate!

Might get a slap for not knowing/having researched this before I went turbo but....

What oil should I have been running. Something thicker like 10w40?

I'm supercharged and run motul 300v 5w 30

In on this to see people's thoughts

Ps great thred

Thanks. Bit light on pictures but will turn pc on one day and post from there lol.

Update on parts. Also added:

South Bend Clutch Kit 700+ ib/ft

South Bend Clutch Flywheel

Stop Tech Premium Clutch Slave Cylinder

Techna-Fit Stainless Steel Clutch Line

Chromoly Clutch Pivot Ball

Motul RBF 660 fluid

TORQEN S Coilovers

Eibach ARBs

Whiteline droplinks

Eibach rear camber arms

Big big thanks to Adrian.

Update on parts. Also added:

South Bend Clutch Kit 700+ ib/ft

South Bend Clutch Flywheel

Stop Tech Premium Clutch Slave Cylinder

Techna-Fit Stainless Steel Clutch Line

Chromoly Clutch Pivot Ball

Motul RBF 660 fluid

TORQEN S Coilovers

Eibach ARBs

Whiteline droplinks

Eibach rear camber arms

Big big thanks to Adrian.

Going to be one mean motor

• Like 1

Here are some images of mine.

Note the position of the filters to get maximum cold air intake and high enough to avoid potential hydro locking.

Just let me know if you want these deleted once you have viewed as I appreciate that it is your build thread.

DSCF4865_zpsji8zorzb.jpg

DSCF4866_zpssyuu3lpx.jpg

DSCF4871_zps3pmdmduq.jpg

DSCF4874_zpsnsrvzpku.jpg

• Like 2

Oh. Yes. Heat.

I did think this myself. I planned on getting some kind of enclosures fabricated and vents in the bumper directly in front of the filters.

Or I could relocate them somehow.

No it's ok Alex, it's good information for anyone reading the thread.

I wonder why Power Enterprise chose to mount them there?

Edited by TT350

• 2 weeks later...

I went to visit Ken at RE performance in Bury today.

Told him what the job was and parts involved etc and we mulled it out together. Had a good chat.

Came to the conclusion best course of action to fit the new bottom end block and clutch to drop the subframe and engine and 'box as one.

He was asking if the loom was a pain or just plugged in at one point like Subarus are as he said 300zx looms were a pain when removing engine. Anyone know?

Anyway - £1000 all in.

Edited by TT350

• 4 weeks later...

Scrapped the Yaris.

Picked up a MK3 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 130BHP

Got to say - I love it lol. Comfy. Quiet. Not a single thing wrong with it. Went to Manchester and back twice (100 miles total) and the fuel gauge needle didn't budge!

Loads of room. Huge boot space. Fairly swift. Full service history. 4 decent tyres. £600.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

^^ Sounds like a bargain as £600 isn't a lot really for a decent running, MOT'd, FSH motor. ;)

What's the mileage on that then?

A years MOT too and the tyres are branded, not smartprice!

127k miles.

How's the new house Gaz? We're moving soon.