Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

No doubt it is good fun !!!

But in your opinion on the road could you use all 666 bhp in all gears ? I would have thought from a standing start it would be impossible to get traction until 3rd?

I can't get traction until 5th :lol:

Seriously, on the road WOT is not required to appreciate the power, and traction is not a problem if driven sensibly. :thumbs:

Because these supercars are designed to handle their given power in all gears ( not to say you can't overwhelm them though) a zed on the other hand isn't designed for 660bhp!

But I get there's arguments for and against and as you said I would rather have more power and use less of it , rather than not have enough . There must come a point though that any more bhp in a zed , on the road is pointless?

Well I plan on getting the longer final drive plus racelogic traction/launch control which is very advanced (used on rally cars for gravel launches as well as tarmac etc) much more advanced than the majority of manufacturer's TC.

You can set gravel/wet/dry

Tarmac/gravel/snow etc.

The amount of slip you want, IE 10% - 90% to off.

The 3.3 final drive does a good job of reigning in the traction issues too (based on Google and forum searches)

Anyway. If you all don't like it or see the point you won't be wanting a go then will you? Lol.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

Off topic ..... On track Alex what's quicker your zed or gtr ? And which is more fun on track and road?

Difficult to answer that one, however the 350 is more fun, but after a hard 2 hour open pit with the 350 you are knackered as the GTR is more refined and trick, and with the paddles and twin clutch, gear changes are extremely rapid and precise which probably just gives it the edge on lap times around Knockhill but only by a few hundreds of a second.

However, the 350 is in the shop at the moment with the diff, gearbox, and all four suspension corners dropped so I expect the 350 may edge it next week. :lol:

Well I plan on getting the longer final drive plus racelogic traction/launch control which is very advanced (used on rally cars for gravel launches as well as tarmac etc) much more advanced than the majority of manufacturer's TC.

Tarmac/gravel/snow etc.

The 3.3 final drive does a good job of reigning in the traction issues too (based on Google and forum searches)

Anyway. If you all don't like it or see the point you won't be wanting a go then will you? Lol.

Back on topic, Sorry.

Yes, agree with above as messing with the final drive and the Racelogic stuff appears to work on the 350. :#1:

• Like 1

Tarmac/gravel/snow etc.

Back on topic, Sorry.

Yes, agree with above as messing with the final drive and the Racelogic stuff appears to work on the 350. :#1:

You have these mods Alex or know someone who does? Would be interested to hear your opinion.

Tarmac/gravel/snow etc.

Back on topic, Sorry.

You have these mods Alex or know someone who does? Would be interested to hear your opinion.

Andy james runs the racelogic on his charged zed .

• Like 1

Tarmac/gravel/snow etc.

Back on topic, Sorry.

I personally do not have these mods, however I know a few guys with them but not with both mods.

The 3.3 speaks for itself and the ones with the Racelogic rave about it.

Are you asking or telling !? ;)

I completely agree though ! It will be absolutely hilarious .... All be it a tad over kill for a road car !

Oh it'll be hilarious. Like discovering warp drive accidentally then being like "woooooooahhhhh stop.....ok do it again!" Lol.

I hope with increased boost comes more woosh and pop and bang.

You want a go then?! :)

I got the chance to be driven in 350z Greddy TT with 550 whp and 350z roadster running Boosted performance single turbo kit around 650.

TT was on Up rev and Vems boost control while ST was on Haltech.

They are worlds apart. TT setup has a load of grunt from bottom end and is really a wild one running street tires.

Yesterday i got ride in ST roadster on Toyo R888 and Quaife lsd. Car is delivering power insanely. Impression was like im in NA car on steroids. Car is pulling from 2800 rpm and power deliver is so smooth, no wild turbo punch like on TT application plus upper end is more stronger than on TT. I was really impressed how 650 hp and 800 Nm of torque can be so well usable.

Definitely confirmed my way of Twin Scroll single turbine

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 1

Tarmac/gravel/snow etc.

Back on topic, Sorry.

I personally do not have these mods, however I know a few guys with them but not with both mods.

The 3.3 speaks for itself and the ones with the Racelogic rave about it.

Certainly sounds like an ideal combination at high hp.

I got the chance to be driven in 350z Greddy TT with 550 whp and 350z roadster running Boosted performance single turbo kit around 650.

They are worlds apart. TT setup has a load of grunt from bottom end and is really a wild one running street tires.

Yesterday i got ride in ST roadster on Toyo R888 and Quaife lsd. Car is delivering power insanely. Impression was like im in NA car on steroids. Car is pulling from 2800 rpm and power deliver is so smooth, no wild turbo punch like on TT application plus upper end is more stronger than on TT. I was really impressed how 650 hp and 800 Nm of torque can be so well usable.

I always thought single, larger turbo's were like....nothing..nothing...nothing.....BOOM!

My Power Enterprise TT kit delivers power very smoothly from around 3krpm. Paul at TDI North said it was like a supercharger. But that's at 430hp.

Lag is completely eliminated now it's not working lol :)

• Like 1

Well to be honest after TT ride i kinda wanted to avoid single turbo ride. I was thinking it will be same as you described and i already had bit scared of TT experience so i was looking it will be brutal ride. Well it was completely opposite. Car is runned by Haltech and it is tuned so fine i couldn't believe that so much torque and power can be delivered to tarmac without traction problems. I really cant wait mine build plus I also went with Jwt cams to use full potential of Precision 6266 turbo and upper end

Edited by Snjur

I always thought single, larger turbo's were like....nothing..nothing...nothing.....BOOM!

My Power Enterprise TT kit delivers power very smoothly from around 3krpm. Paul at TDI North said it was like a supercharger. But that's at 430hp.

Will this turbo kit spport your new power goals? Or will you be looking for larger turbos?

Will this turbo kit spport your new power goals? Or will you be looking for larger turbos?

All the info I could find about the PE1420 says flow rate of up to 350 hp each. They do a larger turbo to go on the kit however. I'm not sure what other brand options would fit the manifold etc.

Well to be honest after TT ride i kinda wanted to avoid single turbo ride. I was thinking it will be same as you described and i already had bit scared of TT experience so i was looking it will be brutal ride. Well it was completely opposite. Car is runned by Haltech and it is tuned so fine i couldn't believe that so much torque and power can be delivered to tarmac without traction problems. I really cant wait mine build plus I also went with Jwt cams to use full potential of Precision 6266 turbo and upper end

It does sound like it was extremely well tuned to deliver power so smoothly and from so low down all the way to the red line too. Who tuned that?

Do cams add much to a turbo install with regards to how the car behaves?