Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Ah right that's not bad then very good price! All I would say is mates doing work for you always ends up hassle unless they are reliable. Every time mates do work for me it takes aggggeeesss although the price is normally good. Get it done! Be nice to see it progress :)

He's pretty speedy. Said it'd take a week max.

On another note, I'm going to buy a 1.0 Yaris today :)

Bought the Yaris.

I haven't driven anything with less than 170 bhp in a long long time.

I was a bit overwhelmed by how slow the Yaris is to the point of being concerned it was faulty lol.

But. It's comfy. The stereo is surprisingly good. It has basic early sat nav. AC. Toyota claims 49mpg.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bearing gone deep in the engine. Wahey!

Will be off the road for a couple of months.

On the plus side I've been liasing with Torqen and he's sourced a shortblock for me which is capable of 650whp. That should arrive in 3 months. Specs are;

Stage 1 Short Block 

up to 650rwhp

8.8:1 compression

Wiseco Pistons .020 over

Eagle/SCAT H Beam Rods

ARP Rod Bolts

Block inspected and cleaned

Block redecked

Block Bored and Honed using a Torque Plate

Block water passage cut for HR Headgaskets

Rotating assembly balanced

Crank magnafluxed and the journals micro-polished

New Moly coated Race Spec main bearings installed

New Moly coated Race Spec rod bearings installed

Block prepped and assembled

ARP VQ35 Main Stud Kit

Ceramic/Moly Piston Coating

350z DE Short Block Core Charge

I'm thinking in the meantime I will slowly take apart the engine for when it goes into TDI North to drop the shortblock in. Save some time and money on labour plus it'll be interesting to do. I have plenty of mechanic friends if I get overly buggered but I'll try my best.

On top of that Torqen will be supplying clutch rated to 715ft/ib, 6 x 1000cc injectors, gaskets etc. And a lovely 380mm big brake conversion. Beautiful.

The 380mm discs will necessitate 19" wheels which I always planned to get anyway. They'll probably be Work VSXX.

On top of that I'm thinking Vertex front bumper and sideskirts and chargespeed rear bumper and a respray in championship white. Kind of an off white.

So should be complete by the beginning of summer and maybe a grand unveiling at a meet.

Toyota Yaris in meantime. Save some money on fuel lol.

• Like 1

On the plus side I've been liasing with Torqen and he's sourced a shortblock for me which is capable of 650whp. That should arrive in 3 months. Specs are;

Stage 1 Short Block 

up to 650rwhp

Wiseco Pistons .020 over

Eagle/SCAT H Beam Rods

ARP Rod Bolts

Block redecked

ARP VQ35 Main Stud Kit

I'm thinking in the meantime I will slowly take apart the engine for when it goes into TDI North to drop the shortblock in. Save some time and money on labour plus it'll be interesting to do. I have plenty of mechanic friends if I get overly buggered but I'll try my best.

On top of that Torqen will be supplying clutch rated to 715ft/ib, 6 x 1000cc injectors, gaskets etc. And a lovely 380mm big brake conversion. Beautiful.

The 380mm discs will necessitate 19" wheels which I always planned to get anyway. They'll probably be Work VSXX.

On top of that I'm thinking Vertex front bumper and sideskirts and chargespeed rear bumper and a respray in championship white. Kind of an off white.

So should be complete by the beginning of summer and maybe a grand unveiling at a meet.

Sorry to hear that

Although this all sound epic

Stage 1 Short Block 

up to 650rwhp

Wiseco Pistons .020 over

Eagle/SCAT H Beam Rods

ARP Rod Bolts

Block redecked

ARP VQ35 Main Stud Kit

Sorry to hear that

Although this all sound epic

Thanks for the condolences lol.

But yes it should be good when it all comes together. Be a hard and long wait though :(

Looking forward to this!

Btw, the 380mm BBK fit under the standard Rays 😊 running them on mine fella. Minimal clearance but hey, who needs clearance!? It's almost like they were made to fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking forward to this!

Btw, the 380mm BBK fit under the standard Rays 😊 running them on mine fella. Minimal clearance but hey, who needs clearance!? It's almost like they were made to fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh that's good to know. Can get that all done before the bodykit/paint/wheels then as I wanted to do the aesthetic things all together which obviously means wheels and as I thought I needed 19s minimum then I thought I'd have to do brakes last.

Which wouldn't be good with 650hp at the wheels and my heavy right foot lol.