Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

• 6 months later...
37 minutes ago, Ian said:

You should just give up and sell your turbo kit 

It'd be all or nothing if I sell it. Don't want to faf around taking the kit off or selling the kit and engine as one. I'd be left with a Z with no engine to try and sell :-(

I probably wouldn't be asking mega money for the whole thing anyway! Bargain basement. 

While I've got a bit more time....

Everything has been on hold for a long time now because I've had a great many things to address in my life that meant totally putting the brakes on this project.

I've got a lot planned for my future. The way life was going was just utter chaos and imminent failure was approaching.

Had to swallow my pride, go see a therapist, make baby steps on the long journey that is still and always will be ahead. 

I've managed to pay over 75% of my mortgage. Homelessnes was a big fear of mine because I don't have any relatives. Well, any willing to let me couch surf. And I don't even know where they live anyway.

So in another year, I'll own my property outright. And as a side project I'll use it collateral on a 2nd property that needs a lot of work.

September, I'm back off to uni to do a course in nursing. Yep. Nursing. One of the worst things about having no one, is actually not being able to care for someone. That's when you really lose your humanity. I can deal with no one caring for me, but I noticed I was totally losing a sense of humanity. I don't want that to happen.

Also, it's going to allow me to move out of this country. The average registered nurse makes £57k in America. Here it's a 3rd of that. Half at best. 

A new career, a new location and a new start awaits me in 3-4 years. 

My Z has been the love of my life for the past 6 years. I do still love everything about it. It's everything I want in a car. It's a shame it's been put on hold. I miss driving it very much. I use public transport. The Z is just too thirsty with what I've done to it. But, unless I sell it, I'll continue to finish it. That means more power, new wheels, suspension upgrades, bodywork and respect. Interior really needs a tidy, too. 

Sorry I've not kept in touch.

Gareth.

• Like 2

Thinking about changing out the single mass flywheel for the dual mass.

Can this be done with the beefy updated clutch I have, which is a 3 paddle, and what changes will I receive? 

What I'm hoping is that it smooths things out a bit and reduces noise.

Having owned my modified Z for a while now and formerly thinking that comfort, noise and general day to day tolerance wouldn't be an issue as long as the car was just fast, I now realise that i actually do want it to be easier to live with.

On that front, I want to soften the ride when I eventually get adjustable suspension. I presume stiffer anti roll bars would help stop body roll when I soften the suspension?

Thanks guys.

Who loves ya baby.

Edited by TT350

The flywheel wont really make much difference to the feel of the pedal, thats all down to the clutch and being you are running decent hp, you will need a clutch to cope with that and those type clutches can be a bit on/off. I bought an Xtreme clutch from Clark Motorsport and it was the closest you will get to oem pedal feel that will handle the power.

On 09/01/2019 at 17:50, Jetpilot said:

There has always been much chat about single flywheel noise, cant say i really noticed much difference to be honest and the benefits outweighed any very minor noise increase :thumbs:

If it's not noteworthy I won't bother. But, I'm sure if I remember when I went from OEM to an exedy uprated clutch/flywheel, there was a noticeable difference in crunch and whirr. 

Feck it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, my journey with KE53VJC is over.

I've had her 5 years and I have loved owning her. It was a journey of development and it was more than just a car to me.

So, I'm moving on now. I have to consider my future and certain sacrifices have to be made to achieve the goals I have set.

She'll still be on the forum. Ian has bought her and no doubt he'll have the time, knowledge and money to transform it into something amazing.

Not this summer coming but next summer I'll be on the hunt for an R33 GTR or a Supra. I'll have to be quick or lucky, they're getting expensive, especially the Skylines. The Americans are importing them left and right.

Sorry to hear the end of this, this is one of those forum posts I picked up part way through and really did enjoy reading. Sort of a lot of what I wanted to do to my 350 but never had the funds xD. I do understand prioritizing though, making some changes now to have a bigger effect later on. I will definitely be looking out too see what you'll get up to with a supra of GTR though. Good luck with your future plans :D 

Well, it might be coming home yet. Its not running apparently. So I might have to buy it back. I'd be happy to as it never once didn't start for me and I only sold it because I was skint.

In a few weeks I'll have more money so I'd happily have the old girl back!

Edited by TT350

• 4 weeks later...

So now I'm Z less. 

I hated selling it. It was very unnatural because I hadn't realised my plans for it. 

I am think I may be back with a 370Z vveeeery soon though. A low mileage black edition. This is all if I can't wait long enough to buy an R33GTR.... my teen dream car. They're going up in price almost weekly as more and more are being exported to live their lives on a drag strip or doing 'highway pulls' in America. 

Do I wait, save the £20k or buy a 370Z black edition this summer? 

3 minutes ago, docwra said:

An R33 GTR is never £20K is it? 

Ive just checked, **** me they are. Best advice? Get neither - R33 GTR is overrated for that money and the 370 will just depreciate. 

Yep. They've doubled in price thanks to the Americans. 

Well, I don't want a German car. They bore me to tears. 

I can't really think of a modern car that would be affordable or exciting enough.