Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

12 hours ago, Ekona said:

About £5k :lol: 

Yep, that's a fair bit cheaper.

A very rare sight, too. They have a lot of road presence.

All I know is that, in Gran Turismo, you could get over 900bhp  out of them! Is the engine that tuneable in RL?

17 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Good question, I've no idea. I've seen them around 400bhp with no issues, but I suspect much higher and you might be having issues. I guess there's a reason they're not the tuning bargain that the others are.

Quick look on YouTube and there's plenty of 1000bhp ones. They really launch hard, too. Put the power down. Decent 4WD.

On 18/01/2018 at 12:29, Jay84 said:

There a few around here, but they are pretty rare. They were well equipped for the time including things like a basic active aero and 4 wheel steer. Not so hot on the twisties though I don't think. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jay84 said:

So yeah pretty hot on the corners too. It got away pretty quick too. 

It went like @*!# off a shovel!

I think permanent 4 wheel drive is excellent for getting off the line if you have the torque to take advantage of it, like the 3000GT does, and not bog down. 

You've piqued my interest with the 3000GT.

• Like 1

Ok but when you end up skint and broken, i won't be held accountable:lol:. We has one in a year or so ago with a sporty exhaust, I couldn't help it give it a couple of blips in the workshop when we closed.

Sometimes my job is really cool. 

FB_IMG_1516714317899.jpg

FB_IMG_1516714312855.jpg

Edited by Jay84

45 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

Ok but when you end up skint and broken, i won't be held accountable:lol:. We has one in a year or so ago with a sporty exhaust, I couldn't help it give it a couple of blips in the workshop when we closed.

Sometimes my job is really cool. 

FB_IMG_1516714317899.jpg

FB_IMG_1516714312855.jpg

When I end up skint and broken?! Have you read this journal!? Lol. 

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Got the Z back from the garage.

Really enjoying it. When you've been driving a car with 60bhp for months, nearly 400 feels so fast lol.

So, garage fixed the heater. Replaced Flexi pipes. Replaced both Banana arms. Replaced both boot struts. Repaired rattling drivers window. 

Nice when all the knocks and rattles go.

Been looking for 3" exhausts. Got a price for a custom one, downpipe back, stainless. £750.

Want a Forge Motorsport in cabin manual boost controller so I can finally up the power to 500+

Get that then off to TDI North.

I'll need new tyres this summer. I was considering R888's. But worried about wet weather performance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ekona said:

Wet weather is fine, it’s the freezing cold they hate. 

I love'd my triple 8's but I can't say I liked them much in the wet after they get a third to half worn they were not happy in the wet but to be fair it was very wet :lol: I also find they wear quickly on a heavy car like the Zed when you are pushing on, I used them for track, the trade is the grip O yer they do grip, probably my fav tyre on a hot dry day on the track :thumbs:

• Like 2

I'd definally recommend ad08 Rs, absolute brilliant in the dry, and not bad in the wet either but with 4/500 hp they won't be as good in the wet for you though I'd depends how you drive and also your budget mine were £190 each for 245 45 r18

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Camshaft position sensor failure bank 2.

Ordered.

Will fit on Monday.

Failure to start. Cuts out randomly when started. VERY bad fuel economy.

It really feels like I repair one thing and another breaks. Maybe it's time to give up on this project. I've been thinking of selling it to get into amateur rally with something like a K20 Civic. There's a company local to me who rally prep civics specifically. I'd probably get to enjoy that more often than the Z is on the road anyway. 

No. I got in the car to head out to it. Turned the key.....kept turning. Nothing. 

Fuel pump was engaging, fuel pressure is fine. It'd been cutting out all last week so plugged the diagnostic computer into it. Cam position sensor bank 2. I've replaced bank 1 already. 

Monday will be fixed.