Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Not sure what's wrong with it. Cam sensor replaced on bank 2 inlet. 

Overheating issue going on too. 

I presume the misfire it has will be because of the cps. 

Went all through summer on 30c temps sometimes, no issue. Temp hits single digits and overheating occurs! WTAF?!

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced all coils.

Replaced all spark plugs with iridium 6's instead of platinum 7s.

Oil catch can.

Still lumpy idling.

Car billows smoke out the 'zorst with the new catch can installed.

Unplugged the pipe that's attached to the PCV valve. Hey pesto smoke goes.

Rings are ok

Valves and valve seals are ok

Turbos are ok

Plug catch can back in.....smokey and the bandit, Smokey Nagata. Oil slick from the pipes.

• 3 weeks later...

Man reading this thread has totally put me off wanting to FI the 350Z, it just seems like a money pit with endless problems. Its a shame youve had such bad luck with yours, im guessing this is probably the case when you modify anything. I think when i reach the point where i want more power, i will sell and put the 20k into a car that was built to cope with that power from factory.

On 12/11/2017 at 00:20, TT350 said:

Replaced all coils.

Replaced all spark plugs with iridium 6's instead of platinum 7s.

Oil catch can.

Still lumpy idling.

Car billows smoke out the 'zorst with the new catch can installed.

Unplugged the pipe that's attached to the PCV valve. Hey pesto smoke goes.

Rings are ok

Valves and valve seals are ok

Turbos are ok

Plug catch can back in.....smokey and the bandit, Smokey Nagata. Oil slick from the pipes.

What is your catch can set up ?

Don't buy a Mishimoto rad. Garbage. 

I replaced mine with the original after overheating a few times and now it's cool and stable. 

Other news. Found out what fitment my spurious PE1420 turbos were. T25. So I can go up to a set of GT2876R's before messing about with adaptors. To be honest they give 450bhp each so I can expect high 700s in twin.

PE1420s are rare as fk and sought after by 200sx owners because of the zero lag. so I should be able to recoup most or at least half of the cost of buying the Garetts. 

That'll be springtime though.

Also....Syvecs.

53 minutes ago, TT350 said:

Don't buy a Mishimoto rad. Garbage. 

I replaced mine with the original after overheating a few times and now it's cool and stable. 

Other news. Found out what fitment my spurious PE1420 turbos were. T25. So I can go up to a set of GT2876R's before messing about with adaptors. To be honest they give 450bhp each so I can expect high 700s in twin.

PE1420s are rare as fk and sought after by 200sx owners because of the zero lag. so I should be able to recoup most or at least half of the cost of buying the Garetts. 

That'll be springtime though.

Also....Syvecs.

Thanks for sharing I nearly just bought one, I'll avoid them from now on then.

Hopefully you don't get any more issues :thumbs:

7 hours ago, Jake.Lowther said:

Thanks for sharing I nearly just bought one, I'll avoid them from now on then.

Hopefully you don't get any more issues :thumbs:

Thank god. Close shave there mate. @Snjur recommends Skunk2. But he says of you're not blasting it on track then standard rad is fine. And he's got a million bhp. I have a Mishimoto oil cooler and that's fine. 

Edited by TT350

On 29/11/2017 at 12:24, burntorange said:

Man reading this thread has totally put me off wanting to FI the 350Z, it just seems like a money pit with endless problems. Its a shame youve had such bad luck with yours, im guessing this is probably the case when you modify anything. I think when i reach the point where i want more power, i will sell and put the 20k into a car that was built to cope with that power from factory.

It has been a pain.

Its just one of those things. I was unlucky in that the 430bhp I had (which people say is the safe limit) blew my engine up within weeks. 

Then I had a breakup with the gf and that cost me an arm and a leg and continues to.

Other than that it's just been the overheating and a turbo bung. Clutch replaced but that was to be expected. 

The misfire...well a coil can go any time. I got 6 uses ones off eBay for 70 quid and sorted it.

Modifying cars is a ballache but there's that part inside you that says "when this works properly......" Lol.

6 hours ago, TT350 said:

Modifying cars is a ballache but there's that part inside you that says "when this works properly......" Lol.

I'll be bored and modify another part or take something that's fine of and modify that some more :thumbs:

Anyone seen my Radical lately???  No - That's cause I'm taking it apart again and "improving" on the last lot of mods :lol:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Keyser said:

I'll be bored and modify another part or take something that's fine of and modify that some more :thumbs:

Anyone seen my Radical lately???  No - That's cause I'm taking it apart again and "improving" on the last lot of mods :lol:

I want a go of that radical!

9 hours ago, Keyser said:

A man after my own heart B)

:)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, the Z has remained in the garage having EVERY little issue sorted out.

Two new flexi's

Oil catch can fitted and working

Drivers side window rattling

Strut brace no longer fowling on the plenum

Knocking coming from front end -Banana arms

Waxoyl underseal

Additional requests - fit coilovers that I'll be getting in a few weeks

Fit complete set of new suspension bushes - poly.

Manual in cabin boost controller from Forge (summertime I should have Syvecs in and running so won't need this but in the meantime I'd like to max out the 600cc injectors)

Towards summer I'll be getting new turbo's. Garrett GTX2876R gen 2. Flow up to 550bhp each so should be able to change injectors and a bigger fuel pump than the 256LPH one I have and run more boost. I want to run reliably and not on the edge of any one parts capabilities. The bottom end is good for at least 650bhp. I think that's the number I'll settle at. 

I had thought of taking her up to 1000bhp by swapping out the current uprated bottom end and replacing with a Brian Crower 4.1L forged bottom end. Sell my old one half price along with the PE1420 turbos and the 600cc injectors and fuel pump to someone who wants to go twin turbo on the cheap. Should pay for the BC 4.1 kit. The GTX2876R's should produce 1000bhp. Perhaps I should buy bigger turbos than those if that's my goal. A set of 3076 or higher. But they'll require adaptors for my T25 fitment to T3.

That's all just a thought for now. A distant thought. I know a lot of people will say or ask "why?!". Well, ever since I upgraded an R33GTR to nearly 1000bhp on Gran Turismo, 1000bhp was what I wanted!! I have no life lol. So why not.

If you ever drive a 450bhp turbo Z, you'll know how different even that it is in terms of acceleration compared to an NA Z. Then imagine 1000bhp. Jesus. Your arse will be in the boot. 

• Like 3

I'd love a GTR to be fair, but I imagine it'd cost more to mod that than a Zed, and modding is infectious. So I get the reasons. My GT cars of choice were the R34, Supra and 3000gt. Only one of those is affordable for me these days, and they're affordable for a reason lol