Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

To write off an entire country's worth of cars as boring simply because they happen to be designed (& usually manufactured) in said country is like saying you'll never go near women/men again after one dull date.

I mean, unless you suddenly realise you're gay and that's why it was boring of course...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ekona said:

To write off an entire country's worth of cars as boring simply because they happen to be designed (& usually manufactured) in said country is like saying you'll never go near women/men again after one dull date.

I mean, unless you suddenly realise you're gay and that's why it was boring of course...

Women.... Staying away from those soul suckers matey. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TT350 said:

Waheyyyyyyy

Recoil mate. I just mean the looks and the sheer amount of them on the road. 

How can a twin turbo V10 be boring to drive or a 6.2V8?!

Sorry, looks like I was going off at you personally - I wasnt :lol:

As with Ekona, I just cant get my head round rejecting cars simply because of where they were made, when the country in question probably makes the best cars in the world its even more difficult to understand.  
Even worse is the "my mates got one, so I cant have one" :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docwra said:

Sorry, looks like I was going off at you personally - I wasnt :lol:

As with Ekona, I just cant get my head round rejecting cars simply because of where they were made, when the country in question probably makes the best cars in the world its even more difficult to understand.  
Even worse is the "my mates got one, so I cant have one" :lol:

Nah that's a woman's thing. Walking into a party and another broad has the same dress on. 

I don't see many RS6' on the road to be fair. Especially not in saloon. 

I can't believe the bang for buck and the insane tuning ability all while being reliable at mental power. 

I think I've made my decision. 

Thanks for the help guys.

So in the course of 1 page we’ve gone from “not interested in German cars, they’re all boring” met with a resounding “you’re wrong.”, a quick verse of “sweeping statement was not accurate” and landed on “that’s it, I’m buying a German car”.

Do you feel you’re easily swayed?

I’ll rephrase that, you’re easily swayed... aren’t you. ;)

:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ilogikal1 said:

So in the course of 1 page we’ve gone from “not interested in German cars, they’re all boring” met with a resounding “you’re wrong.”, a quick verse of “sweeping statement was not accurate” and landed on “that’s it, I’m buying a German car”.

Do you feel you’re easily swayed?

I’ll rephrase that, you’re easily swayed... aren’t you. ;)

:lol:

I'll say I'm REASONABLE. Lol. 

• Haha 1

New interest :

Audi S5. 

'only' 360ish horses. But a very classy looking car and very, very well priced. 

The 4.2V8 sounds fantastic. 

I think it'd be a car that'd keep me happy, without having an urge to modify it, that I could own for a year while I save my moneys for something right naughty. 

GTR in 2020?! Early model but, still a GTR. 

Edited by TT350

4 hours ago, TT350 said:

New interest :

Audi S5. 

'only' 360ish horses. But a very classy looking car and very, very well priced. 

The 4.2V8 sounds fantastic. 

I think it'd be a car that'd keep me happy, without having an urge to modify it, that I could own for a year while I save my moneys for something right naughty. 

GTR in 2020?! Early model but, still a GTR. 

Something that might be worth considering about buying cars that were once £60k+ (example) which are now available for significantly less these days is that they still have the running costs and repair bills of a said £60k original price.

I'd be budgeting a couple of grand a year just to keep the wheels turning round with some of the cars you've listed here. RS6's, V10 M5's, one fault and you'll be looking at £000's to put right..........obviously the very same is certainly true of the R35

39 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

Something that might be worth considering about buying cars that were once £60k+ (example) which are now available for significantly less these days is that they still have the running costs and repair bills of a said £60k original price.

I'd be budgeting a couple of grand a year just to keep the wheels turning round with some of the cars you've listed here. RS6's, V10 M5's, one fault and you'll be looking at £000's to put right..........obviously the very same is certainly true of the R35

Indeed. 

To be fully expected. For me it'd be more than acceptable. I have no kids. My house is almost paid off. I'm in no debt. 

I feel very lucky and grateful that I'm in the position I am. 

I have friends who literally have to eek a life. Almost zero cash after bills and 50hr weeks.

Im really at a very happy, thankful stage in my life and its only going to get better  :)

15 hours ago, TT350 said:

Indeed. 

To be fully expected. For me it'd be more than acceptable. I have no kids. My house is almost paid off. I'm in no debt. 

I feel very lucky and grateful that I'm in the position I am. 

I have friends who literally have to eek a life. Almost zero cash after bills and 50hr weeks.

Im really at a very happy, thankful stage in my life and its only going to get better  :)

Happy car shopping then!! 

Bit off the wall but maybe a Lexus IS F? Raging 5.0lt V8!

3 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Happy car shopping then!! 

Bit off the wall but maybe a Lexus IS F? Raging 5.0lt V8!

Sounds great. 

But the S5 is really attractive to me as an interim, comfortable, fast and amazing sounding car. The way a car sounds is always very important to me. It's why I loved my Z. The engine, the turbos, I miss it lots. 

I couldn't be any less interested in Audi's myself

If sound track is important then V10 M5/M6 must be on the list (admittedly is was born in a time of the most ugly BMW's ever), Corvette's as above or AMG's

Hard to find a car that ticks every box, its just where you make compromise most of the time...........with the Audi that'll be the entire driving experience.

Make sure you post up what you end up with

Whatever I get now will be a stop gap. 

I've got an Audi A4 Tdi and, yes, it's dull. And I'm a real car guy so, I need something. 

Anything that will entertain me really. I was even thinking about the FN2 Civic Type R. I've had a screaming vtec in the form of a B18C Civic and I loved thrashing that thing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Going for an oil burner for a temporary stop gap until I can get (hopefully) a GTR in 18 months. That amount of time just flies by really. 

2010 335D Coupe.

286bhp. I'll almost definitely have a stage 1 remap which takes it to 380bhp and over 500ib/ft yet still claims to maintain 40mpg. But, even if I got 30mpg, its hardly killer and it'll have many smiles per mile.

Very cheap. Circa £5k and actually, in my opinion, very good looking.