Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

23 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Whats the budget and car used for, daily, weekend/evening toy?

No chance i would pay £20k+ for the r33.

20k. Just for a weekend summer car. 

Well, I don't know, I've always wanted one. 

As for depreciation on a 370, well, all cars depreciate to an extent. 

I cant honestly imagine you enjoyed your 350z experience and no offence intended, do you really want to go down that road again, a car you loose huge sums of money on and never drive or finish, dont get me wrong ive been there and done that ish. If you want a car with loads of hp, buy one, if you want to build one, buy one and every bit you need to complete and send it to someone to build and use it but make sure your budget allows for everything.

£20k will buy a hell of a lot of car with a hell of a lot of hp and performance, i cant imagine you wouldnt find any of them exciting below just as examples

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/jaguar/xkr/jaguar-xk-x150-xkr-2008/9400737 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mercedes-benz/amg/mercedes-c-class-204-c63-amg-edition-125-2012/9387395

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/1-series/v-rare-looking-bmw-135i-m-sport-2008--480bhp--less-than-50k-mileage/9316752

4 hours ago, TT350 said:

I'm not sure id fit in one. I'm a big boy. 

Don’t be daft, you’d easily fit! I was near enough 18st of fat when I owned my VXR220, you’d be more than comfy enough. Plus you’re unlikely to lose a single penny, and there’s nothing to touch one for the experience even if you hate it. :) 

11 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

I cant honestly imagine you enjoyed your 350z experience and no offence intended, do you really want to go down that road again, a car you loose huge sums of money on and never drive or finish, dont get me wrong ive been there and done that ish. If you want a car with loads of hp, buy one, if you want to build one, buy one and every bit you need to complete and send it to someone to build and use it but make sure your budget allows for everything.

£20k will buy a hell of a lot of car with a hell of a lot of hp and performance, i cant imagine you wouldnt find any of them exciting below just as examples

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/jaguar/xkr/jaguar-xk-x150-xkr-2008/9400737 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mercedes-benz/amg/mercedes-c-class-204-c63-amg-edition-125-2012/9387395

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/1-series/v-rare-looking-bmw-135i-m-sport-2008--480bhp--less-than-50k-mileage/9316752

I did enjoy it, for all the effort it was. 

That jag is interesting but the others, well, I've already had a car with circa 450bhp.

How reliable is a 100k mile jag? 

2 hours ago, TT350 said:

How reliable is a 100k mile jag? 

No idea I am afraid, but I can feel pretty confident in saying equally as reliable as a na 370z which has been put to forced induction and tuned to an inch of its life. If you read back through this thread and remembering others you posted all I can come to the conclusion is your 350 was a massive pain in the ass and stressful for you, why you want those possibilities is beyond me, so if your going down the road, make sure the budget suits so you dont end up in the same boat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ekona said:

^^^ That. 

I'd say you want something that only requires minor tinkering, so basically nothing with a turbo or nothing that's going to get a turbo! :lol: 

Nothing with a turbo?! 

That's kinda limiting. 

42 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Stops you whacking the boost up and chasing power, and giving yourself more headaches.

Look for something different, something you've not tried before, rather than just repeating what you've already done :thumbs:

Lol. You know me well. 

Supra it is. 

;)

I do really like the look of that Jag though. And for 15k.

Theres also the 507bhp E63amg I think was in a link above. The C63 looks and sounds wild, too. 

The jag is looking like the most bang for buck so far. 

55 minutes ago, TT350 said:

Nothing with a turbo?! 

That's kinda limiting. 

Something thats designed to have a turbo/supercharger is fine if its kept within its limits, very different to something built as a na.

Or a big V8 if you just want power, Monaro perhaps?

Supra is a good call if you want to tinker, forged from the factory.

To be fair on my Z (after I blew up) the engine was custom built for boost in America and the heads were uprated. All in all £7000 right there just on the engine. FAO Ian.

I know I'm not keen on German. I've currently got a B7 A4, it's tedious but....

Audi RS6 V10 twin turbo. My god, what a beast. From around 18k I think that's going to deliver the most epic performance I could buy at that money. 

American V8 I think I'd save another year and go for the 7.0 Corvette which would truly be next level performance. That thing is fast. 

You know, my heart really always wanted an Esprit V8 GT. But, no. 

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

I was going to put up some links to the RS6 but didnt think it was your bag, same could be said for M6 or M5

There is a lot out there with that budget, as always with these what next, get out and drive a few, it will probably become apparent what floats your boat and what doesnt. A VX220 couldnt have been any further from my radar when i was looking, but they caught my eye whilst trolling the usual sale sites, went and drove one, albeit way beyond standard trim and it knew i had to have it, it was an awesome car to own!

Good luck, keep us all posted :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

I was going to put up some links to the RS6 but didnt think it was your bag, same could be said for M6 or M5

There is a lot out there with that budget, as always with these what next, get out and drive a few, it will probably become apparent what floats your boat and what doesnt. A VX220 couldnt have been any further from my radar when i was looking, but they caught my eye whilst trolling the usual sale sites, went and drove one, albeit way beyond standard trim and it knew i had to have it, it was an awesome car to own!

Good luck, keep us all posted :)

I thought about the V10M5 but, apparently the SMG is.... Problematic. Fantastic engine though and, could get a decent one for 20k.

Yes, I know I said that a German wagon wasn't my thing but the RS6 is outrageous! And it'll be 'good' in the snow. 

I could enjoy one for a year then perhaps PX it for that Corvette ;)

On 19/02/2019 at 13:28, TT350 said:

Well, I don't want a German car. They bore me to tears. 

I can't really think of a modern car that would be affordable or exciting enough. 

You know what? Im really getting fed up of hearing people say this "German cars are boring", "BMW's are @*!#" and all this crap. 

I had a mate over from Spain last week and took him out in my BMW and my other quick car. He loved the other one, but could not get his head round how fast/capable/exciting/scary the BMW was. 

The other car? A Ferrari 355. Seriously. 

Go drive some M cars, a 997S and a Cayman and tell me German cars are boring never mind the monsters youve mentioned on the last page 

39 minutes ago, docwra said:

You know what? Im really getting fed up of hearing people say this "German cars are boring", "BMW's are @*!#" and all this crap. 

I had a mate over from Spain last week and took him out in my BMW and my other quick car. He loved the other one, but could not get his head round how fast/capable/exciting/scary the BMW was. 

The other car? A Ferrari 355. Seriously. 

Go drive some M cars, a 997S and a Cayman and tell me German cars are boring never mind the monsters youve mentioned on the last page 

Waheyyyyyyy

Recoil mate. I just mean the looks and the sheer amount of them on the road. 

How can a twin turbo V10 be boring to drive or a 6.2V8?!

if you dont want another money pit stay away from the Skyline. If your staying Jap the Supra is better value but dont forget they are 20odd years old now and due to the increase in prices of these cars, the increase in spare parts are rocketing also.

Compared to what I broke my Supra for, prices now are insane.

German cars are good fun, I've got an A5 as a daily and its great, Just wish I could have afforded to run an S/RS5 as a daily

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1