Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Yea the Yanks call Bank 1 the one on the passenger side ... which it is if you're in errrrrr ... the USA

Whereas in the UK Bank 1 is on the driver's side ... which it is if you're in errrrrr ... the UK

xxxxx.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Anyway. 

Sorted all that out. Fine now. Replaced battery and cam position sensor.

But.

Now another recurring problem. The manifold on bank 1 keeps coming loose which is a pain as it's buried so low. 

I wish I had the tools/time/skills to do it because the garage I'm using take aeons to do anything. 

Still, I drive it hard and I'm happy with the way the actual engine copes with that. 

I need to put it away, save about £5k and splash it all at once to sort the niggles out. Which will include replacing the major suspension components because i replace one, then another one starts clunking. Coilovers. 

Use a different garage, too. The one I've been using are so slow it's unreal.

I constantly think about getting it perfect then selling it. 

17 hours ago, Ekona said:

Manifold loose, as in manifold to block? Can you not put some locking nuts on them? Or even better the S14 locking tabs.

And yeah, you def need a new garage.

This is why I need a new garage. They said they'd sort it so the bolts didn't come loose again. 

Sounds horrendous lol. Farting. And fuel "economy" has bottomed out.

Its a shame it's such a pain to get to. Also, there's no gasket(s)

Wondering where I can find gaskets for a long discontinued turbo kit.  Any suggestions?

27 minutes ago, AliveBoy said:

surely even using locktite blue is an option?

Not 100% on the technical specs of the blue but the heat is probably too high on the manifold for it. But there will be something similar out there that will cope with the high temps.

• Like 2

I think as there's no gasket, that'll make a big difference in keeping the manifold tight against the head. 

Good to know it'll just be OEM.

I'm dying to wind the boost up. Got boost controller sat here.

1 hour ago, scobie140 said:

Not 100% on the technical specs of the blue but the heat is probably too high on the manifold for it. But there will be something similar out there that will cope with the high temps.

Yeah, I think you're right, possibly you need red however blue held well on my small block chevy V8 and two motorbikes. With the chevy it's all I had and as it worked I never bought the correct stuff. That's probably not the correct attitude to have though :lol:

Edited by AliveBoy
forgot a smiley!
  • Haha 1

The turbo kit was 2nd hand. Some bits and pieces were missing, but not much. So, that's one reason the gasket might be missing. Still, I'd have thought I'd be alerted to this when it was being fitted lol. 

Not to worry, I'll get a set. 

Couple of months and I'll have significant moneys saved to splash on 'little' things as well as coilovers, that together, make a big difference to the way the car feels. Bushes, etc. I really wanted to soften the dampers a bit, too.

Can anyone recommend anything to replace/renew that really smooths out the ride and just makes the car feel better and younger? Just things that are prone to rattle or knock and clunk?

Also.... bodywork. She's looking tired.

Edited by TT350

Third anniversary of this topic's coming up and the car's still not right ... I think I'd have given up by now and got rid, but then I don't have the  skills or patience for sorting something like this out and I guess the car isn't worth much in its present state anyway :(

The OP should start a poll

What should I do next ?

1) Carry on ploughing in money in the hope that a nice car will emerge to enjoy when everything's done

2) Have a good think and realise there's no way I'll get my money back

3) Get rid

4) Put the car back to normal and sell the bits left over on Ebay

Edited by ATTAK Z