Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Thanks G.

24 boosted Z's in the UK.

I wonder how many in Europe.

They'll be more than that though remember as they're just the ones listed from forum members. Not going to be too many on top though but there will be a few more I'm sure of that. ;)

I fully concur with that theory!

Although if you go to the trouble of boosting your Z, I'm pretty sure you'd join the forum for advice and curiosity.

You'd think but I know you've seen them pop up on eBay and other places same as most of us have & they're not forum members cars.

I guess they could be lurkers on here, members of another Nissan forum, members of another car forum or just not into forums at all. ;)

Only if you are confident you know what you are talking about as most tuning companies have wayyyyy more experience than an individual who has only owned the car a few years..... but if your a total geek and live on these forums and have read the workshop manual back to front many times then tell them what to do.

Only if you are confident you know what you are talking about as most tuning companies have wayyyyy more experience than an individual who has only owned the car a few years..... but if your a total geek and live on these forums and have read the workshop manual back to front many times then tell them what to do.

Yes but getting that info out of them is a nightmare. It's like you have to say a key word or phrase to unlock their understanding which is difficult as I don't know the ins and outs of what's involved.

I want to be able to say;

I want this end product within x parameters.

And then just pay for it at the end.

I want to give my car to someone and pick it up x amount of weeks later and pays my cash as a happy bunny.

Yes but getting that info out of them is a nightmare. It's like you have to say a key word or phrase to unlock their understanding which is difficult as I don't know the ins and outs of what's involved.

I want to give my car to someone and pick it up x amount of weeks later and pays my cash as a happy bunny.

I have already answered all your questions and provided loads of informed information by PM, however my guess is that you are gleaning information from various tuners/engine builders and now got your self totally confused. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

That is fair enough if you hand over a large sum of money at the end but.. most tuners have repeat customers who might need a favor here and there or something unusual is found during the build, valve guides need replacing or something, unless you have every new nut and bolt ready for the tuner to fit then time scales can be hard to judge. Some work (machining) is probably outsourced so they will need to fit into the other parties work list and so forth). If you do have a big wallet you can push your way to the front of anyone's que that's just life.

As I am trying to build my own engine I know its a painful process and if you want a good job expect to wait.... as I have been for years.

Edited by evilscorp

I have to echo Alex here

When I was having my supercharger fitted at Lichfield even though Ian assured me certain things would be fine I wasn't sure because I'd baffled my brains with information

In the end Ian did his thing and it ran impeccably untill I broke it :(

He went above and beyond with the mapping with ecuteks input and the car was Awsome :( sob

My point is you have to pick your professional and trust in them

If I do another I will drop it to Ian and let him get on with it :)

Your build is a lot more complex I know but my sentiment is the same

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well. Nearly there with funds. TOUCH BLOODY WOOD that the penis of Satan doesn't once again come out to shaft me between now and a months time.

This time round will be:

Bottom end fitting

Disc, pads, lines and fluid

Clutch (seeing as 'box is out)

Bodywork

Please, God, Allah and Captain Picard, make it happen.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will be getting it booked into Rally Equipe in the next week or so. Nearly back on the road!

Will travel downt to Adrians in the next week or two and pick the shortblock up. Then it'll be in the garage for a week and will have uprated discs and pads installed. Obviously the standard brakes are fubar after a lot of abuse and 18 months stationary.

• 1 month later...

Long time no post.

Finally going down to Torqens place to pick my engine up and spoken to Ken at R.E Performance who will have me in as soon as he's finished rebuilding Spatts engine.

£1500 for fitting bottom end and refreshing the heads.

Also going to get some enclosures made for the air filters and vents in the bonnet above them.

So, it's finally going to happen. It's been a long wait.

It's a long drive there and back though :(

• Like 4

Sounds like good news. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. :thumbs:

Thanks G. Me too lol. Altogether inc parts comes to a little under £6k lol.

After reading a thread on here that someone started, I could have been to blame that my engine got chewed up.....

Using cheap fuel.

It was mapped when running on vpower. And I bet thats why it went bye bye.

High performance modified turbo vehicle running on cheap fuel. Doh!

Since I started modifying it I've barely spent any time actually enjoying it.

I hope with the completely upgraded bottom end that it'll be very reliable if I run it well within its 700hp capabilities at say 550hp.

Everything else should be able to cope, too. Injectors are 600cc. Perhaps an uprated fuel pump over the Walboro 255lp/h that it has now.

Also, a lot of people who have seen my engine been surprised at the intercooler piping being small in diameter and probably causing a bottleneck.