Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Hello. Posted on here a while back now but mostly been using the Facebook page.

Got the Power Enterprise twin turbo kit fitted.

Love it. Strong acceleration. Great noise.

Also had decat pipes and wheel spacers, 15f and 25r,fitted at the same time.

Running 430bhp and 380ib/ft torque.

It's a 2004 GT with 102k.

Future upgrades will be a cosworth shortblock with uprated pistons and rods (shortblock comes with everything pre built and balanced)

post-24369-0-62174300-1428496795_thumb.jpg

post-24369-0-85712000-1428497394_thumb.jpg

post-24369-0-24544800-1428497415_thumb.jpg

post-24369-0-68374300-1428497438_thumb.jpg

post-24369-0-91982900-1428497454_thumb.jpg

Edited by TT350

Other mods are Scorpion Y pipe back,Motordyne plenum spacer.

Next on the list are either Eibach springs/dampers or BC coilovers. Brake upgrades (ferodo DS2500 and uprated discs of some sort.

At the moment the standard discs and pads are fine at 430bhp and road use. I know they wouldn't do for track days.

Considering getting a full poly bush set and uprated ARB's.

After cosworth short block is dropped in it'll have boost wound up. Turbo's are good for 550bhp+.

Here's what's in the Power Enterprise kit;

1. PE 1420 Turbo Twin w/ adjustable waste gate actuator

2. Ductile Cast Iron Exhaust manifolds (L&R) 

3. Exhaust Outlet pipes

4. Oil Line Kit

5. 1L over sized aluminum oil pan with cooling fins & buffles

6. Front mount Intercooler

7. Intercooler piping kit

8. Twin “Air Impulse†Air intake system 

9. 6 of 380cc Injectors

10. 245L per hour fuel pump

11. Fuel pressure regulator

12. Silicon hose kit

13. Fastener kit

14. Gasket set

Sorry fella but quite how your running 430BHP on 380cc injectors I really don't know, but miracles do happen I guess.

What ECU and who mapped it?

Not sure about ECU, but Paul West at TDI North mapped it.

The general formula for possible power v injector size is 1cc = 1BHP and not to run the injectors at more than 85% duty cycle to give the injectors some head room for safety, so in order to run 430BHP at 85% duty cycle you would need to have 500cc injectors installed.

Even the best mappers cant make power where there is not enough fuel, are you certain that the injectors fitted are only 380cc?

The general formula for possible power v injector size is 1cc = 1BHP and not to run the injectors at more than 85% duty cycle to give the injectors some head room for safety, so in order to run 430BHP at 85% duty cycle you would need to have 500cc injectors installed.

Even the best mappers cant make power where there is not enough fuel, are you certain that the injectors fitted are only 380cc?

I'm not sure. I don't really know what to say to you other than the power is dyno proven at 430bhp.

Possibly they're not 380cc as the kit was 2nd hand and taken from another 350Z.

I'm not sure. I don't really know what to say to you other than the power is dyno proven at 430bhp.

TDI North are very reputable so I'm sure that everything's running as it should be. My guess is that you do in fact have higher cc rate fuel injectors than you know as Ricky said 500cc or above.

Either way enjoy your Zed and look forward to seeing what else you get up to with it. :thumbs:

• Like 2

I'm sure they are lager also, wasn't knocking your 350 fella just a little incredulous, anyway not too many twin turbo Z about, if you go for the Cosworth block you will have the basis for some serious power with the right turbos and ancillaries, in the region of 650bhp is possible.

• Like 2

so based on that what would 530 injectors be good for

Edited by nissanman312

Considering the standard injectors are 290cc the 1bhp=1cc is not really accurate, depends on pressure etc. . Stock vortech which uses more fuel than turbos makes 330whp or something on standard injectors, don't get me wrong tricky, I am sure he is near max duty cycle.

• Like 1

Anyway... lol. It's nice 'n spicy quick now :)

Obviously when I get the Cosworth shortblock dropped in then much bigger squirters will be needed. Turbo's are good for 550+ according to Mark at Abbey Motorsport.

• Like 1

Considering the standard injectors are 290cc the 1bhp=1cc is not really accurate, depends on pressure etc. . Stock vortech which uses more fuel than turbos makes 330whp or something on standard injectors, don't get me wrong tricky, I am sure he is near max duty cycle.

I am a little flummoxed by that, I have always used that formula on all my turbo cars, and it has worked fine, but there have been exceptions, I have a set of 570cc injectors that when I had them cleaned and flow tested came back at 630cc.

I see your point with SC needing more fuel from the off, so not sure quite how the std injectors can flow enough fuel, I know the more modern injectors and ECUs can handle much finer control than older tech so maybe its down to that.

• Like 1

Had a few issues since installation. Strong raw fuel smell. Since corrected with a fresh fuel pump O ring. The old one was split. Also steering column rubbing against exhaust (downpipe I believe) and fuel line sitting to close to decat pipe. Will be sorted with a cat brace (still looking for one)

Had a few issues since installation. Strong raw fuel smell. Since corrected with a fresh fuel pump O ring. The old one was split. Also steering column rubbing against exhaust (downpipe I believe) and fuel line sitting to close to decat pipe. Will be sorted with a cat brace (still looking for one)

I think I still have my old standard Nissan Cat brace from when I went to Berks De-Cats. :dry:

Let me know if you're interested (on here or via PM ~ private message) and I'll have a proper look for it then and we can sort something out if you need it. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I think I still have my old standard Nissan Cat brace from when I went to Berks De-Cats. :dry:

Let me know if you're interested (on here or via PM ~ private message) and I'll have a proper look for it then and we can sort something out if you need it. :thumbs:

Thankyou :)

I'm also running decats but the whole system is sitting too low. No problems for you?

I'm also running decats but the whole system is sitting too low. No problems for you?

None tbh. I have an Invidia Gemini exhaust system connected up to the Berks De-Cats and it's fine.

Do you want me to have a look for the Cat brace?

None tbh. I have an Invidia Gemini exhaust system connected up to the Berks De-Cats and it's fine.

Do you want me to have a look for the Cat brace?

I emailed ZMANALEX before you offered and he's got back to me with one but thanks though :)

I am a little flummoxed by that, I have always used that formula on all my turbo cars, and it has worked fine, but there have been exceptions, I have a set of 570cc injectors that when I had them cleaned and flow tested came back at 630cc.

I see your point with SC needing more fuel from the off, so not sure quite how the std injectors can flow enough fuel, I know the more modern injectors and ECUs can handle much finer control than older tech so maybe its down to that.

also on the list are fuel pump and pressure regulator upping the fuel pressure would help but still seems on the limit for the injectors even then

also on the list are fuel pump and pressure regulator upping the fuel pressure would help but still seems on the limit for the injectors even then

just saw marks post above should have refreshed thread before posting so that solves that mystery