Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

Here you go Nic:

2x K&N RU-1460 air filters. Mine more dirty on one side than the other but could use a clean.

5d628238ff558d54435d2019cf97f434.jpg

5f72e86097da1b0fde361ba61c1a562b.jpg

2e89d932425bf1db524bc37e5a6d3ba2.jpg

dc6103c389209f4da78df436a8d41daf.jpg

And the worlds fastest coffee grinder just levelled up with a new sticker I found in the box!

5085eccdff4252b1fc94a150823e1d29.jpg

That's a modified (of course) Mazzer Super Jolly grinder. I converted it to single dose, and gave it a service. Damned good machine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Work by Ben's Crash Repairs, St. John's, Woking.

Three stage pearlescent on the bumper plus blending across the bonnet and wings to match the existing paint (& fix up the stone chips). Went down to the bare plastic and built up from there. They also re-did the dark metallic on the lip.

Good work, reasonably priced (though the third party insurer paid).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Its been a pleasure, people!

I've handed over to someone who will look after Reggie, who will look after, polish, wax, detail, maintain and improve this already awesome car.

There's so much going on in my life right now that running a modified car was far from a priority, it needed too much of my time and I found this somewhat stressful. A fortunate conversation led me to an interesting proposal, in which I swapped Reggie for an unmodified white 370z GT Edition of almost the same age and the same underlying value according to Glass' guide. We swapped cars, and we agreed a figure for the modifications and condition.

It was quite a shock to go back to a stock 370z. Its a great car but it was time for a change, and was a route to trade in. Many of you know I've had the pleasure of running two 981 Boxsters with the PDK transmission. The 3.4 S and the 2.7, and both were fantastic. I've traded in the standard 370z with Porsche GB (its likely to turn up with BCA as this is how they dispose of their trade in stock).

So the new car is an absolutely gorgeous 2015 Porsche Boxster 981 Black Edition. Its very well specified, with the PDK transmission, PASM (10mm drop, dynamic dampers), sports exhaust, some gorgeous carrera classic 20" wheels and some more besides. The Sport Plus mode gives the fastest gearchange I've ever felt — it sounds like the GT-3 or a sports bike! :D

26231694306_2fba7cfb1f_z.jpg

Will turn up at a meeting sometime soon :)

I must say that this is the nicest and most involved car community, and I'll miss the 'spotted' stuff — a friendly wave was always a feature in the 'z. That just doesn't happen in a car as common as the new one!

I now hand over to Reggie's new owner to introduce himself!

Edited by dajw
  • Like 2

Thanks Dominic - I had already met Reggie and Dominic as we both used H-Dev for work before I started here

12525250_10154008866254664_7919298059399301346_o_zpsibxx8iyd.jpg

We have done a few supercharger installs here at H-dev and the last one we did on a very nice gunmetal 370z got me thinking about doing a supercharger conversion on mine (although I had different plans for my car)

So ideal for me when Reggie came up and much nicer for a car like that to be owned by an enthusiat rather than being broken down for parts or simply disappearing into the trade

I have a few plans for it , have already removed the SPL droplinks for stock ones, was able to fit my carbon shift paddles and retrimmed wheel along with the obligatory GTR start button , lots of little changes planned including a remap with Ecutek

First things first was a good detail, going from daily driver to a regular on the show circuit will take some elbow grease for sure but a start has been made

P1010457_zpsgiutrw2x.jpg

20160403_165900_zpsfe79hus8.jpg

P1010427_zpsvrxjce78.jpg

P1010430_zpsv2sdmqpi.jpg

P1010440_zpslx48p1lv.jpg

• Like 2

My old car CF12RGF that Dominic traded in was a minter so if that appears I have kept a huge file on the history of it rather than let the trade lose it , CF12 RGF in case someone searches the forum ;)

Great move Dom, I am sure you will not be disappointed!

First question though, is the power difference noticeable?

Of course - but I've had my insane power fun. This one is about sublime balance. Plus it sounds awesome! (It's not slow, but compared to Reggie it is!)

• Like 3

Hi dude :)

Hope youre keeping well !

...... Everythings all change ..... Ive sold , you've traded , nicks....... Er :(

Get some pics up mate of the new car ..... Im a massive fan of the cayman ! One question though ...... Do you fit in it ;) haha

Speak soon :)

• Like 1