First 350Z ... New to all things Nissan

Hi all!

I'm Matthew and I have recently bought my first 350Z! I'm completely new to Nissan as I have only had Hyundai Coupe's before now so I am looking forward to finding out about something new!

I've already been reading around the forums, the F&Q thread was particularly useful and I enjoyed the random facts thread as that gave me some really useful tid bits about the car so thank you for those! :)

I am used to modifying my cars but I don't plan on doing much with the Z as it is a joy to drive already, just some small touches here and there to make it my own is all I currently plan on doing.

Two things:

1) It is a 2008 that I have purchased with 43k, after a couple of days the heavy clutch is becoming second nature and isn't a problem but is it meant to feel springy (best way I can think to describe it) as you're coming off of the clutch? On the Coupe it was a shorter and lighter clutch so I just want to make sure.

2) Can anyone list a few online stores to buy from? So far I've found the Nismo Shop which has some really good stuff, is this a good site to buy from?

Thanks,

Matthew

Edited by Hig

Welcome along :wave:

I am used to modifying my cars but I don't plan on doing much with the Z

Wait 'till Zeditus kicks in, then you can say goodbye to your wallet! :)

Haha ... Yeah I've read about this! I'm starting off small with this one, stuff like suspension and engine I don't really want to mess with on this one, seems like Nissan have already done a good job on that already!! :-P

If anyone's interested my last car is up on eBay now with a (almost) full list of mods on:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251896880413?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Welcome. My Ex has our old Hyundai Coupe s111 2 Litre, and after driving the Zed you'll never be able to drive the Hyundai again due to the lack of power and feel compared to the Zed. The Hyundai feels lighter on all the pedals and gear changes as if it's being done for you and the clutch bites in a totally different position I thought it was a great car to drive before I got the Zed but now when we meet up I let her do all the driving unless we're in the Zed.

Welcome. My Ex has our old Hyundai Coupe s111 2 Litre, and after driving the Zed you'll never be able to drive the Hyundai again due to the lack of power and feel compared to the Zed. The Hyundai feels lighter on all the pedals and gear changes as if it's being done for you and the clutch bites in a totally different position I thought it was a great car to drive before I got the Zed but now when we meet up I let her do all the driving unless we're in the Zed.

I know exactly what you mean! The gulf between the cars has really surprised me!