Stripped bolt head, brass hex nut

dajw

Thanks for the updates. I have spoken with Vortech and they agree on the Torx route, so I will attempt this when the replacement part arrives. They advised using a 3/16" t-handle hex wrench, so as to apply an even torque to the nut.

The damaged part is a 0 degree dipstick Vortech p/n V2A154-001. They don't ship internationally, but superchargers online.com do, who are nearby. It was USD 44.00 plus 30.00 shipping. Ouch.

Anyway, lesson learned. Do my own supercharger oil changes in future. The thing that put me off was removal and reinstallation of the front fascia. Now I realised it is a handful of pop rivets and some nuts I feel a bit silly for not attempting it myself!

Jeeez, that's steep!

Anyway, you've done good so far, lots of good advice cos that's what this forum does best :thumbs: so let us know when you've got the screw out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good news: the replacement dipstick has arrived from SuperchargersOnline.com

Bad news: it was £13.99 customs, VAT and handling fee (£8 for the post office, the rest to the treasury.)

All the more reason to be super careful with your Vortech V-3 supercharger when you check the oil.

* Use a T-handle 3/16" hex key

* Hand tight only.

* Undo it when it's warm (the fluid can be checked hot or cold).

Peace out.

Oh great — MORE stickers! What do people do with all this stuff? I might give them to our 7 year-old, she likes stickers. She can have an Eibach and Quaife sponsored scooter :D

ecb8b395ec69f6a52a1ee465f9530a85.jpg

Edited by dajw