Ever wondered what's left over after a Stillen supercharger install?

dajw

I must admit that I have only just decided to look in my massive mystery box of bits that Norris shipped to me after the Stillen installation. It's been hiding in my garage for a year!

Wonder no more: I took some photos of the leftovers — scroll down to the end of my 370z gallery to see them.

https://flickr.com/photos/64432813@N00/sets/72157650646579739

I'll update this post with embeds later.

Ps. What to do with all this nonsense? I am never selling the car. Is there a value for OEM air boxes, cats, even injectors and engine covers?

Short answer is yes there is some value to all those parts.

People may want them if their standard parts are broken, they're repairing a crash damaged Zed or in the case of the engine covers they may want them for hydro dipping.

I sold on most of my old OEM parts from my supercharger build ~ the only bits I've got left are a few plastic bits from behind the bumper & a few miscellaneous pipes.

If you are never going to return the car to standard (even if you decide to sell) then the best thing to do is advertise them on here for free or eBay to reach a wider audience. ;)

Short answer is yes there is some value to all those parts…

Thanks! I'll have a read up on the forum rules on listing stuff and go ahead from there. No idea on pricing. Maybe 'sensible offers'.

Dom you just gave me a heart attack

I thought that thred was going to be

Ever wonder whats left when a supercharger blows up lol

When are you getting yours done?

BTW I read in the manual that you shouldn't start the car when the engine block is less than 25F (bloody Americans, they mean -4 C) as the supercharger may seize.

e57afeec61b8b9f1e10e6dce1d34a33f.jpg

See 'important cold weather information'. Hmmmmmm. We've not had a winter that cold here but wowzers. Would need a warm garage or a block heater!

Thanks! I'll have a read up on the forum rules on listing stuff and go ahead from there. No idea on pricing. Maybe 'sensible offers'.

Yeah pricing up fairly can be a bit awkward sometimes especially with having to consider postage costs for larger items like the engine covers/air box.

You could maybe ask Alex (zmanalex) to see if he's willing to give you an idea of fair prices for the parts or maybe even ask him if he's interested in buying all the parts as a job lot. :shrug: Can't hurt to ask. :thumbs:

Yeah pricing up fairly can be a bit awkward sometimes especially with having to consider postage costs for larger items like the engine covers/air box.

Collect+ and MyHermes are your friends! You can get some fairly big stuff sent about for good rates this way. Found them when I was clearing out my house.

Oh cool - does he have a particular interest in breaker parts?

He used to supply loads of used Zed parts and still has plenty of parts but I know a year or two ago he wound the business down a lot with Clark Motorsport taking over some of it.

Still does a little business in used parts so I'm sure he'll be able to advise you on prices to some degree although not 100% sure if the 370Z is his area as I've dealt with him mainly for parts for my 350Z. As I said though it can't hurt to ask. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/

Dom you just gave me a heart attack

I thought that thred was going to be

Ever wonder whats left when a supercharger blows up lol

When are you getting yours done?

BTW I read in the manual that you shouldn't start the car when the engine block is less than 25F (bloody Americans, they mean -4 C) as the supercharger may seize.

e57afeec61b8b9f1e10e6dce1d34a33f.jpg

See 'important cold weather information'. Hmmmmmm. We've not had a winter that cold here but wowzers. Would need a warm garage or a block heater!

Goes in to Lichfield on satarday mate not wanting to wish my life away but I can't wait

please only post items for sale either with a price or for free (with postage if appropriate) - don't ask for offers (we don't want to compete with ebay) ..... unless of course its donations to the forum

:thumbs:

• Like 1