Next Norfolk-Yarmouth Mini Meet 22nd September 2019

TimC

3 hours ago, jimmy.farrow7 said:

At least you didnt write your 350z off after leaving east bilney for a quote like me,

Err wrote off after leaving for a quote? do tell. I think they will go up to 2/3rds the value of the car before they write it off so at £4795 that would put value of car at about £7200. I think it is but once you take of the modifications which are not insured its a 17 year old low mileage JDM 350z, not sure if they would see it that way.

I finally heard back from guy at the pig farm place today, they are accepting liability for it and their insurance company will be in touch with me so that's good news. Also I can deal direct with them without getting my insurance company involved, more good news as there will be no claim through my insurance. He even said to make sure its done by a reputable firm who does good work, even if it costs more, there will be no complaints from them but don't use East Bilney he said. Maybe he has heard something about them. So it looks like it will get sorted by them in time, I am feeling a bit better about it now but I'm still gutted about it.

14 hours ago, TimC said:

Err wrote off after leaving for a quote? do tell. I think they will go up to 2/3rds the value of the car before they write it off so at £4795 that would put value of car at about £7200. I think it is but once you take of the modifications which are not insured its a 17 year old low mileage JDM 350z, not sure if they would see it that way.

I finally heard back from guy at the pig farm place today, they are accepting liability for it and their insurance company will be in touch with me so that's good news. Also I can deal direct with them without getting my insurance company involved, more good news as there will be no claim through my insurance. He even said to make sure its done by a reputable firm who does good work, even if it costs more, there will be no complaints from them but don't use East Bilney he said. Maybe he has heard something about them. So it looks like it will get sorted by them in time, I am feeling a bit better about it now but I'm still gutted about it.

Glad to see it's looking up, sad to hear about your Z, it's a cracking car.

Unfortunately I am at a wedding this weekend so cannot make it. Driving to Wales in the Z on Friday.

It looks like I will be off the road now for at least 5-6 weeks. The parts will have to come from Japan so it will be almost 2 months before I can drive her again.

But there's nothing to stop the rest of you meeting up somewhere if not in Yarmouth. I guess I will not be trying to organise anymore this year now, as the winter will be well set in by time its done and it wont be worth putting her back on road then until March time.:mad:

23 hours ago, davidv10 said:

Lets postpone this one then, maybe for a few weeks time?

Wroks for me - I've been held up a bit today so getting over for this evening will be a pain.

7 hours ago, TimC said:

It looks like I will be off the road now for at least 5-6 weeks.

Rubbish! Though at least that sounds like getting it fixed is all sorted?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone here wanted to sort something out for after we're allowed to go out again (still social distanced of course). I am seeing an increase in amount of Z's in Norfolk which is great. (Either that or I'm getting better at seeing them)

HI, everyone and its good to see we are all OK. You are right there are definitely more zeds about, seen a good few more in Great Yarmouth. I doubt I will get mine back on the road till early April, looks like we are in for some more winter weather around Easter so sometime after then. I would be up for a meet May/June and then we can see how many more we can get in after that for reat of the year.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hiya, no plans from me to organise anything yet. I am not sure if anything will be possible from my end through June but hopefully early July. But you can always organise something amongst yourselves, just pick a place and a time :)

Also nice to see a new local owner, hope you are enjoying owning one. I still smile to myself every time I sit in mine and start her up and other people seem to enjoy seeing my Z on the road as much as I do :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimC said:

Hiya, no plans from me to organise anything yet. I am not sure if anything will be possible from my end through June but hopefully early July. But you can always organise something amongst yourselves, just pick a place and a time :)

Also nice to see a new local owner, hope you are enjoying owning one. I still smile to myself every time I sit in mine and start her up and other people seem to enjoy seeing my Z on the road as much as I do :)

Sounds good to me, maybe @davidv10 and I could organise a little Yarmouth meet soon? With everyone from the groupchat etc. 

Edited by AlexRussell99
  • Like 2

I renamed the tread sometime ago to Norfolk-Yarmouth when we were attending car shows and rallys. Just arrange a time and place and I can change the first post of the thread with any extra information that might be needed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have not got any plans for organising any meets this year but I am sure next year will be better all round and I hope to start doing some again.

There was talk of some of the other locals organising something but I have not seen anything definite from them yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2021 at 22:34, tysst2 said:

Any norfolk/suffolk meets happening soon anyone?

There are loads of Zeds in the Norwich/Swaffham area (who are not on the forums), and we try and organise meets every so often. Where abouts are you located?

We also tend to go to meets for Project Kotonaru, EA Modified and Suffolk Tuners. Check out the groups on Facebook and you will be notified of meets etc :thumbs: