Next Norfolk-Yarmouth Mini Meet 22nd September 2019

TimC

They are WIngs and Wheels at Old Buckenham on 29th April  http://oldbuck.com/en/events/wings-and-wheels-2018/

and Sheringham Classic Car run on 22nd April  http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/classic-car-show-event-information/classic-car-show-by-date.asp?id=681

Never been to Old Buckenham before but done the St Georges Run before, it can be fun with 2 or 3 Zeds in convoy driving round the country with other classic cars trying to get to the end. You can see a few pictures here https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/96969-north-norfolk-classic-vehicle-club-st-georges-day-run-264/

I have emailed Old Buckenham to see if we are going to be OK to attend.

• 5 months later...

OMG what happened?      were you alright? I have not logged in for ages and its the first message I see. I got a little split to my front bumper and I was gutted, I know exactly how you must have felt.

And congratulations on your wedding.

Edited by TimC

• 9 months later...

Yes great idea, I would certainly be up for one if we can get some interest. I know that a lot of regulars from the original meets have not got there zeds anymore, but I know there are a lot more local zeds in the area now. 

How about a Sunday night again, I can do this week or next. If its a success we could try for another one next month. 

On 11/07/2019 at 09:46, TimC said:

Yes great idea, I would certainly be up for one if we can get some interest. I know that a lot of regulars from the original meets have not got there zeds anymore, but I know there are a lot more local zeds in the area now. 

How about a Sunday night again, I can do this week or next. If its a success we could try for another one next month. 

I found another Norfolk meet topic, and put this idea there. And it looks like @Kryptek49 and maybe another is in.

• TimC changed the title to Next Yarmouth Seafront Mini Meet 21st July 2019

Sounds good, I finish work at 6.30pm so with time for a quick change I should be able to get there at about 7.00-7.15pm if we meet in Yarmouth at the usual place, outside the WInter Gardens on seafront. There are usually 1 or 2 zeds about on the seafront on a Sunday night so we may pick up some more. It can get a bit mad up the other end of the sea front with all the boy racers meeting up but its quieter up the other end where we normally meet. One summer we managed to get 8 zeds all lined up on the seafront, it would be good if we can get something like that again. You get a lot of interest in the cars from people walking past which is always good.

If at a different location, I may be a bit later, just need the time to get there. It really depends on where everyone is coming from and finding a suitable location.

Also we missed the Yarmouth Wheels festival this year but if I can get the time off for next year I will try and get something organised. Be good if we can get a spot on the seafront to show our cars on the Sunday.

Edited by TimC

• TimC changed the title to Next Yarmouth Seafront Mini Meet 21st July 2019?
  • TimC changed the title to Next Norfolk Mini Meet 21st July 2019?

Just as a little taster of a good meet

YsKVB7t.jpg

TpyPzdM.jpg

That was August 2015 the sea front is always good for night time photo opportunities. Photos were linked from another user earlier in this thread.

• Like 1

• TimC changed the title to Next Norfolk-Yarmouth Mini Meet 21st July 2019?

So we have

Next Yarmouth/Norfolk Mini Meet on 21st July 2019 at 7.15pm outside Winter Gardens/Wellington Pier

So far attending we have

1. TimC

2. davidv10

3. Kryptek49

We may pick up some more if not 3 is ok for a good first meet and if we have another next month we could hopefully pick up some more.

41 minutes ago, jimmy.farrow7 said:

It used to be me on this list :(

It still could be, all you need is another zed :) How are you by the way? You could always pop along and say hi

Edited by TimC

• TimC changed the title to Next Norfolk-Yarmouth Mini Meet 21st July 2019

Morning guys, I could be interested but it’s a good hour and three quarters from mine which leaves a good long run back afterwards. I might have to think about it for next time so I can book the Monday morning off work as I’m normally up at 5am. Looks like a cracking location though!!

Hi, I think I will be able to make it, just looked at my flight time and I will be back around 2pm, been way too long since I drove my z (1 week) and would love to meet you guys, where abouts on the front is the meet starting and what time? I see discussion about it above but would like clear guidance as it’s around an hour and a bit drive for me.  

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow :)

On 16/07/2019 at 19:05, Scarabrae said:

Hey, guys.  Can't make it this time.  Sound like it will be cool though.

22 hours ago, baileydom said:

Morning guys, I could be interested but it’s a good hour and three quarters from mine which leaves a good long run back afterwards. I might have to think about it for next time so I can book the Monday morning off work as I’m normally up at 5am. Looks like a cracking location though!!

Hi guys, we will try to get another meet organised for next month and will get it on here early so you will have more time to arrange. Would be good to see you here.

7 hours ago, AlexRussell99 said:

Hi, I think I will be able to make it, just looked at my flight time and I will be back around 2pm, been way too long since I drove my z (1 week) and would love to meet you guys, where abouts on the front is the meet starting and what time? I see discussion about it above but would like clear guidance as it’s around an hour and a bit drive for me.  

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow :)

The meet is arranged for outside the front of the Winter Gardens/Wellington Pier on Great Yarmouth sea front at 7.15pm. You can park on the pavement outside and some other cars will start to arrive from 7-8pm. I will try to get there a bit early so look out for a black 350. If you are unsure of where it is just look out for the big greenhouse (almost derelict now) about half way down on the sea front. There is a picture of the Wellington Pier above to show the location (postcode is NR303JF).

Be good to see you and the others there later.

• Like 1

• TimC changed the title to Next Norfolk-Yarmouth Mini Meet 22nd September 2019