Changing Hel Braided Brake Hoses - Brembo Calipers

larsdowg

Hi there,

I purchased some Hel Hoses and it looks like I have been sent the wrong ones?

Can someone send me a picture of the hoses for a 2004 GT with Brembos.

I am also a bit confused as there are only 4 hoses..........after taking the front wheel off I can see:

Hardlines and Flexi lines...........which lines do the Hel hoses replace?

Has anyone done a guide to fitting after market brake hoses as I can't seem to find it, maybe using the wrong keywords :headhurt:

Found some great ones for changing discs and pads! Thanks

Many thanks in advance

Lars :thumbs:

Can someone supply me with a picture of the HEL kit please? As I am only trusting Google searches, not someone who has actually held a set....

Ewan could you help with this please?

Thanks both for your answers. So is it best to change all the hoses? If so which kit is a more complete replacement?

Could you give me some links and prices for the all kits please Ewan? Assume you supply these?

Thanks

Lars

I do not supply HEL kits due to a near disaster with a set on an R35 GTR, problems with any parts can occur but the manufacturers response was shocking. The car now runs a Goodridge kit without any problems.

the Hosetechnik kit we supply is a full replacement kit with stainless steel distribution blocks. It can be seen here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/76884-350z-stainless-steel-braided-brake-lines-149/page__hl__%2Bhose+%2Btechnik

Hel lines are fine, many many on the forum have them trouble free. You should have recieved 2 short and 2 long lines and a couple of P clips.

You will be replacing the line from the caliper to the hard brass lines at the top of the wheel arch. Everything else can go in the bin.

• Like 3

Lots of people with HEL lines fitted and no problems on here. If you fit them properly then there is nothing to worry about. Customer service with HEL was brilliant for me, I had a line rub on my tyre (entirely my fault, I didn't route it properly and it moved) and emailed them asking if I could buy a single line rather than a full kit, and they sent me out a full set straight away, completely free of change :)

All kits available replace the same part (the flexy part after the hard lines) some just route differently. The HEL is 4 lines as you've noted, very easy to fit just remember to bleed them in the proper order (and don't forget there is two bleed nipples per calliper) and use a good brake fluid.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a HEL line fail on my last car, I was breaking to slow down from a NSL to a 30mph village and it failed after circa 300 miles of being fitted. The hose popped off the nozel which was still fastened to the calliper and emptied all my new Motul RBF600 inside the wheel. HEL just asked to see a photo then sent me a replacement set with a cap....

This was summer last year.

Yes same design Adrian the distribution blocks are stainless, not had any issues and they are a great company to deal with. Goodridge would always be a good choice in my book as well their kits have been proven over the years.

I know when it comes down to brakes I would never want to compromise and after the failure we had with an R35 I would never supply HEL again with their response to the issue.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have an issue on the front drivers side hard line. The thread is rusted at the top and the new pipe will not screw up far enough.

I can't be the only person who has had this issue................. can this be rethread using a die or does anyone know the nut size/thread to run a nut up and down the rusty part.

Passenger side front and rear has gone on no issues...................but left with a leaking front drivers side.

HELP HELP HELP

Many thanks in advance

Lars

• 3 months later...

Just to comment on my last

Hi all,

I have an issue on the front drivers side hard line. The thread is rusted at the top and the new pipe will not screw up far enough.

I can't be the only person who has had this issue................. can this be rethread using a die or does anyone know the nut size/thread to run a nut up and down the rusty part.

Passenger side front and rear has gone on no issues...................but left with a leaking front drivers side.

HELP HELP HELP

Many thanks in advance

Lars

Ended up getting a pipe nut, opened the end up and ran it up and down the thread with WD-40 until the rust was removed.

This worked out and all new pipes fitted and stopping power is a lot better than OEM 'in my humble opinion' :teeth:

Thanks everyone for your help

Lars