The 2015 MotoGP Chat Thread.

14N

However mature for 21 MM is, that was just bad judgement. I know its easy to sit in my chair and say, should have just settled for 2nd, but with Rossi closing taking up to .5 a sec a lap out surely you would realise your fighting a loosing battle on the softer tyre particularly.

Strange tyre choice too, equally as quick on the yellow but choose the red which was on the temp limit?

Whats up with George, lost the plot because Rossi is beating him do you think?

Cracking race again. Rossi seems to be getting the best out of the machine. Ducati doing a solid job as well. There's no doubting Marquez talent, but totally agree, should have known he was fighting a lost cause against Rossi and settled for 2nd with his tyres gone.

Cracking result for Crutchlow as well!

I think Sam Lowes needs a chat with Marc about knowing where (and settling for) the position your bike will finish. That was an awesome race, really exciting watching Rossi close him down, and calculating that he'd do it with only one or two laps left.

A fantasic day for the Brits in Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP. Not forgetting JR in SBK too.

Bikes are ace. :)

Bikes are definitely ace, particularly after watching F1 today. Awesome that they can race so close and on the most part come off unscathed.

I guess MM just thought he had the pace to put enough of a gap into the field without being caught, it nearly worked, only 2 laps shy, but really should have just settled for 2nd and gone into the next race 5 points down on VR, not 25. Just got to love that corner were he was backing it in for 200 metres and then just drop it on his knee and hit the apex, everytime :)

missed it again. - worth it as i was out there driving Llangadog to Byrnammam- and back in the Z. All time crazyest road so far for me. scary.

sounds like they're having fun on the tour.

Why MM and same with CS in his day are the best for me is their win or crash trying mentality. no team rules, accepting a non winning place with a strategic ride, just full power all the way.

Looks like Casey wants in at moment also but Honda are denying - Unbelievable!!!

Good for the Kwaka in WSB - I'm a new zx6r man myself and a big fan also of the zx10r and H2.

missed it again. - worth it as i was out there driving Llangadog to Byrnammam- and back in the Z. All time crazyest road so far for me. scary.

sounds like they're having fun on the tour.

Why MM and same with CS in his day are the best for me is their win or crash trying mentality. no team rules, accepting a non winning place with a strategic ride, just full power all the way.

Looks like Casey wants in at moment also but Honda are denying - Unbelievable!!!

Good for the Kwaka in WSB - I'm a new zx6r man myself and a big fan also of the zx10r and H2.

I agree with the win or crash trying, but with the way Rossi had caught him, he wasnt going to be able to keep up with the pace so discretion was the better part of valour in this instance imho, or just try to hang on and throw a mad move on the last lap.

Just read an interview with MM and he said he had saved a bit of tyre to fight in the last couple of laps and thought he could, who am i argue :)

I have heard a lot of chat about Stoner, Livio Suppo was interviewed at America and he said it seemed a bad strategy to get Stoner onto a bike at 2 circuits he hasnt ridden, probably a fair call, but surely better than Hiroshi Aoyama racing with the open class bikes way back in the pack? Maybe we will see him back if Danny is away for any length of time, cant be good for Repsol Honda, kind of begs the question though, where is the motivation for Stoner, he didnt want to race anymore, has no chance of winning the title, whats in it for him, unless he wants to prove a point, i.e he could still win a race.

Certainly makes for the rest of the season being entertaining and hopefully will go down to the wire.

Edited by Jetpilot

I do think MM error was indeed an error and not a win it or bin it decision. I don't think he was expecting VR to be on the line he was and it was just an unfortunate racing incident. Front wheel verses rear wheel is never gonna win. And looking at his reactions and disappointment afterwards, he knew he only had himself to blame.

Whether he did have anything left in the tyre, we'll never know. If he had, and he'd stayed the right way up, the last couple of laps would of been intense! But, what' if's and maybe's don't count for anything.

MM has now had 2 full seasons on a MotoGP bike (and won both of them), whereas CS hasn't ridden with the rest of the pack in that time (and not against MM). Although I would love to see Stoner battle it out with Marquez, I don't think it would happen (or be as close as we'd like to see) if Casey was only to return for a round or two.

But if he stuck around for three or four.....

This year is certainly shaping up to be a cracker.

I would suggest that Stoner doing the Susuka 8hr means he is no slouch still, he must have been on or very near the pace when he tested at Sepang :)

Stoner/Marquez at Philip Island, now that is a race i would love to watch :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

True. I guess I was edging towards the point that MM has been on the bike for 2 years and CS had been off it (competitively).

But then again, we're talking about Casey Stoner. He'd just jump on it, wring it's neck, jump off and ask "What's the problem. Let's go fishing".

Oooo,Phillip Island, now THAT'S a thought. :cloud9:

Your not going to loose that talent in 2 years, the only thing i guess he would lack is fitness which may affect race distance, the only unknown is, was he up to MM pace, he knows he can beat Rossi, George and Danny, i would say the test times must have been good :)

To ask another question, would Honda want Stoner/Marquez in the same team, it could end in tears. Danny was your perfect number 2, unlikely to win a championship but regularly on the podium. All speculation at the moment, fingers crossed though as would love to see him back just for the riding style, even if it was coming in 2nd to MM.

yep, all those unknowns are true. all we know is he wants a go and in the past he's done what nobody else can do until now. the Duc used to kill careers, VR is the only other guy to be able to revive his after being on one of those. and the other 2 current team riders are getting it back up there which has taken 5 years without him.

he's been test riding, he's up for Suzuka means he's been training.

More excitement, possibly VR is riding Suzuka also this year so we'll see them both on track.

ticket to Goodwood to see them both also has arrived :D

Casey always wanted to race, he's not prepared or able to put up with rules the series owners made to keep it tv friendly and also how the paying public have an 'ownership' expectation of the riders, kind of how like how everyone expects at the zoo that the tigers are not sleeping and they bite someone. or how reality program people are idolised for just making themselves available and without having any skills.

All he wanted to do is race, i suspect his want to race is still there and he thinks he will be able to put up with the bs or has forgotten how punishing it was for him.

Edited by chips

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like George has got his head in the game this weekend and could have a repeat of a couple of weeks ago with tyres, hot track and 27 laps. Honda really need to get someone who can run at the front on Dannis bike, its doing them no favours imho.

Honda have apparently said, unless Stoner is on the pace at a minimum of one test, he wont ride, but, no time to work a test into the schedule.

Well that wasnt as interesting as i had hoped, but still a good watch, especially if you are a George fan, good to see him back to his best, not a fan myself but its good for the championship.

A much more intelligent ride from MM, he could see Rossi wasnt taking chunks out of him and perhaps held a bit back for the end of the race and maybe keep check of his injury.

Another good result for Cal too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks like it could come down to the wire this season :)

What a fight from Danni, its not often you see Rossi making a pass and not making it stick once let alone 3 times.

Shame Jorge hasnt been able to get his head or bike or both right at the start of the last two seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope someone else watched that, best race for years :) and the way the winners are in the park ferme afterwards :thumbs:

Also, hope of the first British motogp (moto 3) champion since 77 and Barry Sheene, come on Danny :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Awesome MotoGP race today. Brilliant. I did wonder though....

I'm sure 100,000's of euros and 100's of R&D hours have been put into the development and testing of the new 'wings' to improve aerodynamics and downforce etc.

But if you throw a seagull at a motorcycle at over 100mph, breaking A large chunk off the fairing, it makes no difference, and even put a rider on the podium! :lol:

• Like 1

Lots of chat recently by the pundits about the winglets, by all accounts they do not alter lap times and the riders notice no improvement etc

Lot the same as F1 though, regularly you see end plates/hyrdofoils damaged etc and still laps times dont alter :)

Was a good headbut though :)

• Like 1

Very interesting weekend ahead after the mouthing off from Valentino, have a read around about what he has been saying in case your not up to date.

I do like that MM Mum has responded by putting up pictures of MM's bedroom with VR posters and models :)

Imo, it sounds like VR is already giving himself a get out clause if he doesnt win the championship, thats how i interpret it.

Danni for the win though :)

I like Rossi, but I'm not his biggest fan. I've lost a lot of respect for him following his comments and interviews with the global press prior to qualifying. I think it's shown his TRUE colours.

Yes, he is a great rider, but from what I've read (over the years) from other riders etc, the VR everyone sees in front of the camera, isn't the same one one doors close.

This weekend is going to be a nail biter. I'm gonna watch this one live :thumbs:

And COME ON DANNY!!!!

• Like 1