TORQEN Big Brake Kit

Adrian@TORQEN

• 4 weeks later...

Performance of my Monster kit remans excellent Adrian. Progressive, highly effective at all speeds with ZERO squeal of low speeds/cold pads.

Only issue I have encountered is the calipers have lost their nice gloss finish - are now a dull red/white. Ed DivineDetail was unable to restore the shine when he detailed the Zed recently - :wacko: - this is despite me only ever using a pH neutral product to clean my wheels and calipers.

David

Performance of my Monster kit remans excellent Adrian. Progressive, highly effective at all speeds with ZERO squeal of low speeds/cold pads.

Only issue I have encountered is the calipers have lost their nice gloss finish - are now a dull red/white. Ed DivineDetail was unable to restore the shine when he detailed the Zed recently - :wacko: - this is despite me only ever using a pH neutral product to clean my wheels and calipers.

David

Anodised or powder?

Doubt I get them that hot (unlike my GTR when I can get those VERY hot), the Zed isn't track run. To be honest with the Monster sized disks you don't need to be on the brakes for very long (ie heat generation is not prolonged) to shed speed.

I think I opted for anodised.

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay, crazy busy today! There is another customer who has the same problem like yours, but he took his car to the Albanian car wash round the corner :cry: All other customers have not had any problem with discolouration or anything else. Did you do the same or you always do the washing at home?

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Wheels and calipers always washed using pH neutral cleaners and by me. Car was then hand washed at my local car wash but no sprays were ever used - only reg car wash detergent and filtered water. Not had any discolouration on the GTR calipers.

David.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Adrian, are all red calipers shown here (i.e. John's, Paul's etc) anodized color 2 or 15? Judging your 1st post, it's color AN2? 

And in the Monster vs Xtreme kits, are the calipers physically larger or not, since they are both 8/6 pot? Some pics from @bakseedaa would be nice :)

Thirdly, how can one specify Torqen logo colour white or black?

Cheers!

Edited by V1H

1 hour ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Hi René,

Red is anodised AN2.

Calipers are the same sizes, 8 and 6 pot. Logo will be engraved in, no colour.

Thanks for confirmation. AN15 must be a lot darker red then. The AN2 ought to match my red mirrors best i believe :p

Comparing @evilscorp's Monster 8-pot with @bakseedaa's Xtreme 8-pot, you say the calipers are the same in size, and perhaps radius? Only the disc is 25mm larger?

Also, is the Xtreme caliper triangluar in shape or is it just the angle the photo was taken?

I presume, the Monster just comes in white logo, the Xtreme in black logo, by default?

2017-10-02_15-46-49.jpeg&key=638cfac6b6f0fcdf9bd994f5d0c3ac8c38730c753c8ccec77d0897443c6ebaaafd5a9c4a398cc3a456517599e1b95889.jpg&key=b9996339c126be773b1a9ecb7b589b6ba5c51f36ae41a807f7c4623519052d98

1 hour ago, V1H said:

Thanks for confirmation. AN15 must be a lot darker red then. The AN2 ought to match my red mirrors best i believe :p

Comparing @evilscorp's Monster 8-pot with @bakseedaa's Xtreme 8-pot, you say the calipers are the same in size, and perhaps radius? Only the disc is 25mm larger?

Also, is the Xtreme caliper triangluar in shape or is it just the angle the photo was taken?

I presume, the Monster just comes in white logo, the Xtreme in black logo, by default?

2017-10-02_15-46-49.jpeg&key=638cfac6b6f0fcdf9bd994f5d0c3ac8c38730c753c8ccec77d0897443c6ebaaafd5a9c4a398cc3a456517599e1b95889.jpg&key=b9996339c126be773b1a9ecb7b589b6ba5c51f36ae41a807f7c4623519052d98

Use Torqen's template! Check and double check is all I can say. I originally wanted KSport but they F#@& me over with the wrong sizes but Torqen saved me with their kit.

I think I had to go for the Monster kit due to size constraints on the discs, but the shape does look different in those pics of the calipers.

Hi René,

We covered all the options in our WhatsApp Z group, but I'll leave some details too. Let me know if you have further questions.

Largest sizes we can do for the 370z/350z:

Front:

8-Pot 380x32mm - 19"

Big 8-Pot 405x36mm - 20"

Big+ 8-Pot 430x36mm - 21"

Rear:

6 Pot 380x32mm - 19"

6 Pot 380x32mm - 19"

6 Pot 405x34mm - 20"

Notice the front calipers, they are all different design: 8-Pot, Big 8-Pot, Big+ 8-Pot.

Big 8Pot caliper design here: 

2018-03-07_10-02-27.jpeg

8 Pot design:

2018-03-07_10-03-30.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2015 at 22:10, Tinyflier said:

Here are mine.

Front - 8 pot with 380mm disc

DSCF8609.jpg

Rear - 6 pot with 356 mm disc

DSCF8607.jpg

You can also see my Torqen coilovers.

David

Hi @Tinyflier, what colour are yours, AN05?

@Adrian, could you provide me with a colour swatch? The online colour chart seems different to the photos, tricky to pick a colour.

Regarding the templates, I can only find one for 356 but not 380, 405 mm.

Thanks

Edited by V1H

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Rene, I've asked the factory for the templates, I'll update you as soon as I have news. 

Thanks Adrian.

Does the manufacturer provide a colour swatch of their anodised colours? Would be useful even just for lending (don't want a free one to keep)

27 minutes ago, V1H said:

Thanks Adrian.

Does the manufacturer provide a colour swatch of their anodised colours? Would be useful even just for lending (don't want a free one to keep)

I've asked the factory if they can provide a swatch for the anodising colours.

Fitment templates added in the first post for both 380mm and 405mm.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...