TORQEN Big Brake Kit

Adrian@TORQEN

Prices will go up a little bit from 1st of August, VAT kicks in :)

So if you guys thinking to buy any TORQEN products, you only have a few days left at these prices.

Something worth considering.

Adrian

Sales master at work :)

• Like 1

Wow they look stunning ! Really loving the silver against the black combo and the hats look great . Well jel :(

Josh, just put your hands in the pockets and dig for that credit card :lol:

Yeah go on josh

ooo computer peer pressure... That's a first for me :)

Would love to but really want other parts at the mo !

Can't have everything I want , can't have everything I want ........ Just keep saying that to yourself josh !

• Like 1

Excuses, excuses! :D

What else you're buying?

Jack royal steering wheel , quaife diff , clutch/fly , more alcantara work on the interior

Oh and just bought the better half a new nissan x trail ...... And bathroom being done in 2 weeks time at a cost of 8k !!!!!

Need to save some dosh ..... My piggy bank has taken a bashing !!

Edited by Bodyboarder81

I just wanted to echo what David has stated. Absolute cracking piece of kit!

Mine are now bedded in properly and my gosh does it bring you to a halt. They also look the nuts! Before they were even bedded in you could just feel the brakes ready to grind you to a halt. As David also stated, you don't get slammed into the windscreen by tapping the brakes, you feel as though can really 'stamp' on them and it's progressive braking you're faced with, making them an absolute dream on the roads and I'm sure they will come in more than handy on the track.

Car: 350z 2007 Revup

BBK: XL kit with 8-pot 356mm front discs and 6-pot 330mm discs at the rear

Colour: Anodised 12

I think the pictures speak for themselves...

_OGG3788_zpsnq0htxwx.jpg

_OGG3867_zpsnwbhvcpf.jpg

_OGG3954A_zpsvlo2sksv.jpg

Excuse the rubbish quality of this last one, was taken on a friends phone through the window:

6f9b7842-5eb6-4249-9430-884edec9491a_zps8hbaltvr.jpg

That look's great!!! Usually I'm a bit of a child and get things like big red callipers, but on your car the silver matches with the black and darker wheels.

Can you tell me what colour, if it's specific, your Rays are? I have a black car and want to get them refurbed in a sort of anthracite/gunmetal colour.

Also.... I will accept your wheels and brakes as a " welcome to the forum " gift... gimme me your address and I'll gladly come take them off your car, for free!!! Great bargain for you :stir:;)

Hopefully see you at the Beaulieu meet? Have a proper look :D

That look's great!!! Usually I'm a bit of a child and get things like big red callipers, but on your car the silver matches with the black and darker wheels.

Can you tell me what colour, if it's specific, your Rays are? I have a black car and want to get them refurbed in a sort of anthracite/gunmetal colour.

Also.... I will accept your wheels and brakes as a " welcome to the forum " gift... gimme me your address and I'll gladly come take them off your car, for free!!! Great bargain for you :stir:;)

Thanks buddy - yeah sure just come round and help yourself :lol: we like to look after our fellow zedders! LOL!!

I won't be at the Beaulieu meet I'm afraid, little too far for me.

The colour isn't an 'off-the-shelf' colour, it was basically a gunmetal with the addition of dashes of black until we got the desired colour...most places would be able to knock this up for you I'm sure!

• Like 1

I just wanted to echo what David has stated. Absolute cracking piece of kit!

Mine are now bedded in properly and my gosh does it bring you to a halt. They also look the nuts! Before they were even bedded in you could just feel the brakes ready to grind you to a halt. As David also stated, you don't get slammed into the windscreen by tapping the brakes, you feel as though can really 'stamp' on them and it's progressive braking you're faced with, making them an absolute dream on the roads and I'm sure they will come in more than handy on the track.

Car: 350z 2007 Revup

BBK: XL kit with 8-pot 356mm front discs and 6-pot 330mm discs at the rear

Colour: Anodised 12

I think the pictures speak for themselves...

_OGG3788_zpsnq0htxwx.jpg

_OGG3867_zpsnwbhvcpf.jpg

_OGG3954A_zpsvlo2sksv.jpg

Excuse the rubbish quality of this last one, was taken on a friends phone through the window:

6f9b7842-5eb6-4249-9430-884edec9491a_zps8hbaltvr.jpg

Suit the looks of the wheel colour so well .

The Red ones I say on the white 370Z made my mind up on colour :)

Alan

Just a small update on the BBK I got from Torqen after a day after bedding the system in .

The great think about the kit is that it has the same feel as my old Brembo set up in as far as when you touch the peddle at slow speeds it does not grab or is too sensitive .

I would say at ¼ to ½ peddle travail the force / stopping power is the same as my Brembo set up with DS2500 ( DS2500 when hot ) pads S/S lines and new discs .

From then on at ¾ the car stops like it has hit a tree and I still have not given them the full on stamp .

I will see how much better they get when fully bedding in .

Alan

Just to edit as my post does not read correct .

At 1/4 to 1/2 the force is the same as my old set up at 100 % peddle pushed to the floor when the pads ( DS2500 ) were nice and warm .

2 days of bedding in and they are getting stronger :)

Alan

At 1/4 to 1/2 the force is the same as my old set up at 100 % peddle pushed to the floor when the pads ( DS2500 ) were nice and warm .

Alan

I think you are being too gentle with your bedding in process Alan, they can be and I think should be bedded in much more aggressively by putting them through a series of heat/cooling cycles in a really short time period.

10/12 stops using 80% force in decelerating from 60 mph to 10 mph will get these through the point where the resins in the pads have been surfaced and cooked out and you start to get a good transfer layer onto the discs. A short run to let them cool (don't stop with foot on the brake though, if you absolutely have to stop, get down to lowest speed possible on footbrake and use handbrake for last few mph then brakes OFF), repeat the 10/12 stop process, let them cool again and job is done.

I've always bedded in brakes (road and race) through this heat/cool cycle - takes perhaps 20-30 min (assuming you can find a good piece of road that lets you do this!

Luckily the roads around Kaizer Motors (who fitted my Torqen Monster kit) are ideal as they are virtually deserted and there are a few roundabouts that let you loop around and go through the process with ease.

David

Edited by Tinyflier

Sorry I am not making my self clear .

I have done 10-12 stops from 60-05 MPH and have done another one as well so I think they are bedding in nice now .

I was just compare them to my old set up with regards to force .

Alan

Alan

I think you are being too gentle with your bedding in process Alan, they can be and I think should be bedded in much more aggressively by putting them through a series of heat/cooling cycles in a really short time period.

10/12 stops using 80% force in decelerating from 60 mph to 10 mph will get these through the point where the resins in the pads have been surfaced and cooked out and you start to get a good transfer layer onto the discs. A short run to let them cool (don't stop with foot on the brake though, if you absolutely have to stop, get down to lowest speed possible on footbrake and use handbrake for last few mph then brakes OFF), repeat the 10/12 stop process, let them cool again and job is done.

I've always bedded in brakes (road and race) through this heat/cool cycle - takes perhaps 20-30 min (assuming you can find a good piece of road that lets you do this!

Luckily the roads around Kaizer Motors (who fitted my Torqen Monster kit) are ideal as they are virtually deserted and there are a few roundabouts that let you loop around and go through the process with ease.

David

• Like 1