*** TORQEN *** 350z TORQEN S Coilovers

Adrian@TORQEN

• 2 months later...

One year later on the coilover kits, too! As on the brakes, we've sold so many kits, with only positive remarks received!

To celebrate one year from launch date, we're offering 10% discount on all TORQEN S coilover kits for 370z and 350z.

PM me for the voucher code. Available to forum members only!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The past week, I installed the rear side of the Torqen S Coilover kit and I am starting to desperate...

I dialed in the rear ride heigth to be just 16 mm lower than stock. (Aim was 25 mm)

I set the dampers to maximally fully soft.

I extended the spring to its maximum possible to reduce spring force as much as possible. I even removed the smaller of the two blue collar nuts on the spring seat to literally rest the larger collar on the seat to gain an extra 8mm spring expansion.

With only the spring installed (at its lowest setting) and no dampers the car would only drop by 3mm.

In order to achieve the 16mm ride drop I had to heavily pre-compress the spring by massively reducing the damper length (the exposed thread above the blue locking collar measures 116mm).

Consequently, the spring is pre-compressed by about 100 mm, measured at the wheel hub when supporting it with a spare jack. The tension is enough so the spare jack lifts the car at the wheel hub.

When I take the car off the jacks the wheel wouldn't recede into the wheel arches by one millimeter, such stiff is the spring!

I now also have zero rebounce; the wheel can't "stretch its leg" by 1 millimeter, hence the wheel cannot follow road undulations at all! The damper basically bottoms out at at its travel range.

The ride quality is absolutely shocking! the rear is hard like concrete! At just 10mph on residential tarmac I am thrown around in my seat as if I went off-road! :cry:

I am contemplating re-installing the OEM spring, but it'd defeat the object.

I feel like having to pre-compress the springs by 100mm just to get the car to drop by 16mm is excessive and not normal. Such high spring load simply stretches my dampers to the max which would explain the rock solid ride. But from below photo I appear to have installed the spring correctly, haven't I? The spring seems simply too tall or too stiff or both to get the car any lowered without preloading the dampers to the max... Please advise :surrender:

Merry Christmas all

René

PS: for now I am forced to unload the dampers by lengthening them again so they can move midway their travel range and have to live with a stock ride height because the springs would just not go any lower.

rear%20damper%20+%20spring.jpg

Edited by V1H