Cheap Track Days

Kev946

Just got this eMail. Some good tution on offer too, (see in bold)

www.motorsport-events.com

As Winter approaches the weather is still being kind so why not have some more fun on track? During November you have the chance to visit all of our outstanding airfield track day venues. These superb airfields offer exciting track designs, large run off areas, outstanding value and are the place in which to push your car to it's limits and to hone your driving skills. To encourage you out on what may be slightly chilly days we have slashed the prices at some of our events.

* Friday 9th Abingdon £109 This event is already filing fast and is a firm favourite with track day regulars. A great mixture of corners and a true race track feel. Close to the A34 and M4 it's in a great location!

* Monday 12th Keevil £79 Keevil provides a spectacular setting for this fantastic track and it is one of our most popular venues for all levels of experience. An amazing venue that will provide lap after lap of fun!

* Monday 19th Colerne £89 Located right next to the beautiful city of Bath and within easy reach of the M4. At Colerne guests can be assured of a fantastic track with a true 'circuit' type feel.

* Friday 23rd Hullavington £89 This is our longest track and provides a challenge for all drivers. It's huge run off areas allow guests to explore the limits in the best possible environment.

Limit Handling Coaching At Hullavington & Keevil

During October we are pleased to be able to offer one on one coaching on track, but also in separate dedicated areas at Hullavington and Keevil. You can book one of our superb driver coaches for an hour of coaching and split your time between driving on the track and also in areas where you can push your car to it's limits driving our unique progressive slalom and cornering exercises. This is available for only £90. Ideal to enhance your skills and to learn your car's abilities.

At Motorsport Events track days we work hard to give you:

Open pit Lane = loads of track time

Coaching available from experienced Motorsport professionals

Fun & friendly atmosphere

Our events are track days and are not test days - road cars only allowed!

Firm but fair driving standards rules

All of our airfield venues operate with a 100dB(A) noise limit.

Bookings are now being taken. To secure your places please call the booking hotline on 0870 787 2116 or if you would prefer to pay by cheque you can download a booking form by clicking this link: Booking Form

Kev have you driven on these circuits?

As ive never done a track day, which of these circuits do you prefer?

I was only looking at these earlier today but im thinking of going after winter now. From memory Colerne sticks out. I was contemplating doing the Top Gear thing too. I should be able to get abit of tuition at both these events then.

Hi guys,

Not on commission at all but just wanted to really recommend these guys. I've tracked with them several times (although must admit it's been over a year) in my Elise and they were a great bunch (especially Ed and Natasha) with the right emphasis on safety but still letting you have all the fun you need. Plus they're typically cheaper than other track operators...

All the events I've attended have been open pit so they do well not to load up the events too much and so I could come and go pretty much as I pleased (remember both you and your car will benefit from a break after 10-15 laps!)

I've been to both Keevil and Hullavington - both good airfield tracks with a good surface and plenty of tarmac run-offs (hence much safer to really push it - preferable to sliding off into grass and not slowing down at all until you hit the tyre wall - ouch!)

That's about all I can say but if you've any further queries please shout.

cheers,

Pete.

Kev have you driven on these circuits?

As ive never done a track day, which of these circuits do you prefer?

I was only looking at these earlier today but im thinking of going after winter now. From memory Colerne sticks out. I was contemplating doing the Top Gear thing too. I should be able to get abit of tuition at both these events then.

Go for it mate. Pete recommends them. I've only done one Airfield day at Elvington near York. There all pretty much the same principle, i.e. coned off and lot's off run off area, so ideal for confidence building... :thumbs:

I have done maybe 5+ days with them and very safe and fun.

They will be mixed ability and different class of cars but as long as you keep that in mind you will be okay.

They have 3-4 instructors there so worth booking that if you are a novice.

Been to both Abingdon and Hullavington, pefer Abingdon as I live in Oxford and also suits a 7, Hullavington does have 2 long straight so better for a Zed unless your name is Giles and you come off track and and through the cones.

We had 6ish Zeds at both.

Just book one up as you will love it

Im definately going to do it, its just a case of when. Ive got abit on this month so i'll only be able to book/pay come december. And by then it may be too wet, i'll see when the time comes, as they have 1 or 2 events in dec.

Ive heard nothing but good things about Motorsport events so i have no reservations about using them. I'll most definately get tuition when im there too.

If all goes to plan i'd like to do something of this order -- Airfield, Top gear track, race track event -CC, donny or Brands. then the Nurburg along with my mates MG if i can fit it in.

I almost prefer the wet days! Much less tyre wear and you get to really play with the car (i.e. much easier to step it out of course)...

This thread has already got me ready to book Hullavington on 23rd Nov (just checking finances as busy saving for Nismo exhaust too!) but would consider alternate date & venue if there's a group going?

I did the nurburgring a few times in the wet - it's the best time as all the mad loons aren't out there so you actually have some space.

Mind you, I might need the seat retrimmed after my butt chewed it a few times with a bit of sideways and understeer (sometimes both in the same corner!) moments :headhurt:

presume you mean oversteer (i.e. back end stepping out)?

If understeering you just need to ease off the throttle to bring the car back into line... oversteer is your more demanding drift action where to hold the speed you need opposite lock and then feed it back in after the apex etc.

http://www.indycar.com/101/over_under.php for more details.

www.Easytrack.co.uk are doing Bedford Autodrome the full GT circuit on February 9th for £99. That is an absolute bargain, the circuit is 4.2 miles long, nothing to hit plenty of run off, very well suited to the Z and they are happy if you practice your drifting. I'm booked on it with a few friends also.

I heard they do a static sound test and te on track is 87 Db. No good for me, i wouldn't even get on track.

www.Easytrack.co.uk are doing Bedford Autodrome the full GT circuit on February 9th for £99. That is an absolute bargain, the circuit is 4.2 miles long, nothing to hit plenty of run off, very well suited to the Z and they are happy if you practice your drifting. I'm booked on it with a few friends also.

I heard they do a static sound test and te on track is 87 Db. No good for me, i wouldn't even get on track.

Me neither, 127 db at full chat :scare:

Me neither, 127 db at full chat :scare:

Static test is 3/4 revs at 1 metre 45 degrees to rear of car LH and RH.

Gents

Bedford is strict, I have been thrown off even on a LoT day. They say that there is a direct feed straight back to the local council for the 3 drive-by noise meters.

The problem was in the 7, the Zed passes the test easily, seen over 50 different Elise-Exige there so would be surprised if Kev would fail.

Static is quite easy to pass but drive by is hard to fool, and backing off is you only option

If in doubt, any "local" MSVR track will do a noise test before you book.

Bedford is worth it in a Zed as long and sweeping bits so you will keep up with the lightweight boys.

PS also done many track days with EasyTrack and they are great too so big thumbs up.

Gents

Bedford is strict, I have been thrown off even on a LoT day. They say that there is a direct feed straight back to the local council for the 3 drive-by noise meters.

The problem was in the 7, the Zed passes the test easily, seen over 50 different Elise-Exige there so would be surprised if Kev would fail.

Static is quite easy to pass but drive by is hard to fool, and backing off is you only option

If in doubt, any "local" MSVR track will do a noise test before you book.

Bedford is worth it in a Zed as long and sweeping bits so you will keep up with the lightweight boys.

PS also done many track days with EasyTrack and they are great too so big thumbs up.

I would do it in the Cossie Grant. I've had a static test and it's 106 Db at about 4k revs. I've been black flagged at Donington at 105 db's on a drive by and this was when I was backin off on the straight.

Are they ATDO affiliated/ certified? Are you doing this? If so, Id definitely be up for it. Got to learn to drive the new baby.

Are they ATDO affiliated/ certified? Are you doing this? If so, Id definitely be up for it. Got to learn to drive the new baby.

When are we going to see some pictures of your new motor Rish.

eMail me some.. :thumbs: