What Exhaust System to go for ?

galgazza

Looks like new exhaust system first. I have four options so any advice or experience would be welcome.

The three cost options are (at a rising cost):

Scorpian / Cobra

Millteck

Invidia Gemini

I want something that sounds nice but does not have the neighbours hiding under their sofa every time I start her up.

I agree with the guys above. My car had a Scorpion fitted when I bought it. Sounds amazing, nice V6 bark when you put your foot down but quiet and civilised during normal driving. The thing I don't like about the Scorpion is the big slash cut tips, but they may be to some peoples taste.

Think I will be saving up for a new exhaust (most likely an ARK) in the future after I have done some other things first. Short term I may get an exhaust place to change the tips

Edited by terry06

Have a look at my previous posts.There are plenty of photos of it.Got mine from Tarmac.Think they are about £1000 now..

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

I have an Invidia Gemini exhaust system on mine which I love. Great quality true dual system with a fair price to match.

Quick video of mine revving up (bare in mind my Zed is FI with De-Cats though so it will sound a little different on your Zed):

I do like the Ark exhaust system but if I had to do it again and was spending over £1K then I'd definitely try to get the little extra cash together to get the Motordyne TDX2 & Art pipes. B)

Link to video sound of the system on a HR Zed:

Tarmac Sportz price: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/TDX2_With_Titanium_Tips/350MDTDX.aspx

Something to think about. :D:thumbs:

• Like 1

The motordyne is significantly cheaper if you import yourself.

I was quoted $1200 shipped with a invoice marked 60% down......but I'm far too honest to do that. :)

Didn't seem worth it with the tanabe as I would only save £150.

Edited by Kev

I was quoted $1200 shipped with a invoice marked 60% down......but I'm far too honest to do that. :)

$1200 shipped

If you can get it for that then buy 10 as that's cheaper than their dealer prices for just the exhaust without shipping :lol:

+1 for the invidia Gemini. True dual and with it being a cat back system doesn't make it much dearer than the cobra or scorpian by the time you've bought a y pipe. Sounds great with berk Hfc's too with no rasp if you decide to get them later on.

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1

$1200 shipped

If you can get it for that then buy 10 as that's cheaper than their dealer prices for just the exhaust without shipping :lol:

That's what I was quoted. Admittedly towards the end of last summer. I think it's was this seller. Not 100% sure though.

http://my350z.com/forum/engine/593328-motordyne-super-sale-all-products-on-sale.html

Seems many on my350z.com have got them cheaper than that.

I've just been quoted less than £600 for a tanabe medalion shipped.

Edited by Kev

$1200 shipped

That's what I was quoted. Admittedly towards the end of last summer. I think it's was this seller. Not 100% sure though.

http://my350z.com/forum/engine/593328-motordyne-super-sale-all-products-on-sale.html

Seems many on my350z.com have got them cheaper than that.

I've just been quoted less than £600 for a tanabe medalion shipped.

Well you could try it but I would imagine you will end up paying a lot more ;)

That guy can't even spell right...

Go and check the duty / vat fees here:

http://www.dutycalculator.com

Add your shipping and insurance cost.

2015-03-26_07-42-37.jpeg

That's £600 already excluding shipping which is about $200/$300.

It was this seller that quoted me on the tanabe. Ironically his quote including shipping was $890.

http://my350z.com/forum/engine/583790-exhaust-super-sale-hks-tanabe-greddy-ark-invidia-megan-berk-etc.html

Get a quote yourself if you don't believe me. He has good feedback too.

Edited by Kev