Twilight Grey 350z HR GT Thread

add350z

Well as I have seriously caught Zeditis since buying my 350z I thought I would keep a thread of my spending. My Zed was purchased from a forum member so a lot will recognise it as it was when I bought it.

Firstly I had the wheels refurbed in gun metal with diamond cut lip and centre. Then it was new clutch and most recent I have the paint work sorted.

The front bumper, bonnet, wings and the scratch on the door was sorted. Also had a rear lip blended onto the rear bumper. post-24368-0-12742400-1427146975_thumb.jpgpost-24368-0-18073000-1427147344_thumb.jpg

Oh and if you want a mint invidia exhaust ( same as mine that's sold already ) there a chap round the corner from me selling one , along with berks HFC , tein springs , some sort of intakes as well .......

Oh no don't , I went and bought a scorpion in the end and love the sound of it but do like the look of invidia and now thinking HFC. More money needed!!

• 3 months later...

The rear alloys were direct from Japan, from Rays. Have to say, the standard paint quality from Rays is very poor, too thin but the alloy is super strong and light, very well made in all other respects. The LMGT4 is among the best looking for the 350z.

I read that you had some issue with the threading on the caliper and an issue with the clutch. If it helps, when it was sold to the chap that bought it off me, the car didn't have those issues, I never fiddle with breaks myself, always got Nissan to do that, call me fickle, but when it came to safety, I wanted someone to sue if things went wrong. As for the clutch, I read after I bought the car, the stories around the clutch only lasting 40k miles. But learned that was being reported by teens who were treating the clutch in this car as if they were still in their hot hatch. Dropping the clutch on an over-revving flywheel, to obtain that small shove you get. You don't do that in a machine like this, not least because you could end up off the road pretty sharpish but you also end up killing it just as sharpish too. I never had any signs of clutch issues, judder or such like, and this was way past 40k, I can't comment on what happened after it was sold.

What it did have, was an intermittent noise on start up, where the alternator sounded like it was briefly sticking, nothing serious, I presume that got replaced since nothing has been said on that.

It has been the only car, in fact, that I can say hand on heart I have never had anything go wrong with in the 4 years I owned it, other than the alternator noise in the last 2 months of ownership. (alloys were bought a year later). Its bulletproof, it was an absolute gem. I never used to thrash it as most do mind you, but then again that's possibly why I never had any issues.

The front ones on that car are standard offset, but I opted for a slightly increased offset from factory spec for the rear, which makes the car look that bit more muscular without cocking up the suspension characteristics. The wider tires made a significant improvement to the stock handling though, it has to be said.

2x 19" 8.5J +25 offset (silver polished lip)

2x 19" 9.5J +25 offset (silver polished lip)

Anyway, a little insight into its history for you. Hope you have many years enjoyment out of it. Wonderful cars.

Here is a hint for anyone paying over the odds for break pads. I tried quite a few, I realized that hardly any were as good as the genuine Nissan ones, but they are a rip off.

FERODO Premier Brake Pads Reference FDB1562 - Rear Axle -Set (for 2 wheels) £28.39

FERODO Premier Brake Pads Reference FDB1561 - Front Axle -Set (for 2 wheels) £31.61

(opieoils.co.uk with 20% discount code. Jun 2012)

No word of a lie, they were the best pads I had used. Fully ECE R90 complaint but specifically, exceeding OE specs by 5%. This was key, since I was fed up with trying all these aftermarket pads, with promises of superior performance but in reality failing to deliver. It occurred to me, Nissan, having already specified the OEM pads with significant performance characteristics having spent millions on R&D, are already going to be designed to compliment the high performance the car is capable of delivering, notwithstanding the specs have been developed in collaboration with Brembo ! If we are to say FERODO meet or exceed those specs, that factor more than proved its worth in use, and at a 3rd the price, how about that!

Slowing to a stop from 100mph for example, during the odd occasion of enthusiastic driving, never fazed them in the slightest. Never experienced any fade or excessive noise at all, they were progressive and as a bonus, not as dusty as DS2500 etc. You can tell straight away they meant business, from the quality of the build, the quality included rubberized shims, the chamfered edges and central expansion groove which despite the nay sayers, did not detract from breaking performance.

I didn't rate DS2500 for road use in any case, the OEM pads were at least on par if not a better all-rounder, while I found Cosworth and EBC simply dangerous and should be banned on this car. But as always, high carbon content in the disk plays a big part. Can't beat quality disks, I made the mistake once (in the photos above in fact) of going for so called performance EBC disks and pads. Never again ! Dangerous !

If FERODO haven't revised the compound under the same name, you should still find they are superb. Spend the money you save on quality disks! ( and no I do not work for FERODO )

Edited by the businessman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...