If you had £15k for a fast daily - what would it be?

georgerobertfreeman

Sub 5 second 0-60 is pretty ambitious for £15k...

Probably a 335d if I was pushed, but I commute in my Zed which is far more fun.

I wouldn't of thought so. Something like; Evo's, Impreza's, Audi RS4, VX220 Turbo etc? :dry: Most sub 5 second depending on model or close enough (5.2 secs).

Although the mileage, age & seats (in the case of the VX) may be a big ask. :shrug:

Edited by GMballistic

. Would love a Tuscan S if I had a smaller commute.

Me too. Although I had a Sagaris for a weekend and although I loved it' not sure it would be a good daily driver! A lot of fun along with a lot of quirks!

A Sagaris is firmly on my want list but prices still hold so well. Rare as rocking horse poop too.

I'll keep saving in the meantime!

• Like 2

Me too. Although I had a Sagaris for a weekend and although I loved it' not sure it would be a good daily driver! A lot of fun along with a lot of quirks!

A Sagaris is firmly on my want list but prices still hold so well. Rare as rocking horse poop too.

They are near enough the same price they were new :( Its definitely on my "to own list" one day but I dont see that day coming soon :(

If I had that sort of money to spend on a daily, i'd be going Maserati 4200 B)

• Like 1

They are near enough the same price they were new :( Its definitely on my "to own list" one day but I dont see that day coming soon :(

If I had that sort of money to spend on a daily, i'd be going Maserati 4200 B)

That's because the Sag was the best car they ever made. Plus it's drop dead gorgeous. I was going to get a Cerbera instead of the Zed but re-sale put me off.

• Like 1

Posted · Hidden by ioneabee, March 19, 2015 - should be in for sale section
Hidden by ioneabee, March 19, 2015 - should be in for sale section

remapped bmw 335i.

but im only planning on spending £10k on mine, although mileage might be up to 70k.

I've test drove a few 135i's and liked them. Bit on the expensive side though

I'm selling my 2008 (road tax £245), Saloon, 335i, 60k, 11 month MOT, auto, Le Mans blue with oyster leather. Factory sat nav/xenons, heated front seats. 35 mpg+ on a M run....thrash it and obviously less :)

Remaped to 380bhp, Quaife LSD, Custom Bilstein dampers/springs, Hi flow down pipes, Ebiach anti-roll bars, EBC discs/pads, Pure 300di for DAB/iPod, Alpine speaker upgrade...

Looked after by Mitz and Andy, all common faults sorted by them (high pressure fuel pump, water pump, oil gasket, transmission gasket), even just had intake valves cleaned :)

All yours for £13k!!

Just about to put it on Pistonheads.

Any one seriously interested PM me :)

0-60, about 5 seconds even with no grip at !!

14073117080_7f4f43f8ef_b.jpg

15365466357_8d0cb00bd0_b.jpg

15365450738_d466712737_b.jpg

Hired the Sagaris for my Wedding Weekend. . . .

8rifghZ.jpg

Picked it up from London (hired from Bespokes), 100 miles back to Cheltenham, it was a great drive, but damn it was hardwork driving it. Traffic it hates, if not going over 30 mph all you can smell is fuel! Fuel sensor failure on way but it went out after a while. Bonnet catch comes loose over 100mph so have to pull over to refasten it. Car sounds obscenely good. What a noise.

You feel special in it that’s for sure, the floor mounted pedals take some getting used to, the drive is raw, no other way to describe it, the first 130 miles were hard work and I was knackered from having driven it. But after that initial getting used to it, my god it was a great drive. No driver aids, no traction, no ABS, but when you got it all perfectly synchronised it was truly epic. When returning it on Monday I was gutted, had fallen in love with it for sure. Although one thing was sure, it was not an everyday car, a weekend blast I could not fault it. I recommend it to anyone who loves driving. It’s a pure spirited drive. . . :teeth:

Edited by monkeybrain1234
  • Like 6

Sagaris are beautiful, but well out of budget!

Anyone had any experience of day to day living with a Z4MC?

Test drove the coupe before I got the 70. It didn't feel special to be but it definitely was quick!

I hear its quite reliable to easy to use as a daily.