New wheels are really close to calipers

Vlad

I'm insulted you didn't come to me Vlad :(

Not had any problems yet.

Can literally just fit a rizzler paper between mine.

haha now you said - i feel quite bad that i didn't think of "crazy f**ker"

So we have about same gap then! How many miles have you done so far? I drove my car for around 100miles since new wheels gone on lol

may be i will get away with 6mm spacers instead of 5? Hmmmmm

Can't hurt to go to a 6mm spacer.

I've Maybe 3-5k miles? I've just hit 2k on the new engine.

They also survived 2 sessions at Silverstone - The engine didnt....but the wheels did :lol:

oh, that's quite re-assuring if they survived 2 track days.... as that was my concern if they will be ok after hard breaking etc!

Worst case scenario, they just sheer off a few wheel spokes :lol:

oh for f**k sake... as I thought "yea, 6mm spacers will do the job" you say that :lol:

Some slip on 3 or 5mm spacers will be fine if you just want some peace of mind :)

I already have 5mm spacers on...that's the problem lol as i don't want to go over 6mm without replacing studs!

I've got some 15mm spacers that are of no use to me if you're interested. :p

Too big mate lol 10mm is max that would fit without modifying arches :)

I have 9.5" at the front with 20mm spacers, with camber arms they fit fine.... Anyway, food for thought if you don't get anywhere. ;)

Studs are pretty easy to change, they look like this:

CC-036187l.jpg

You just turn the hub to where there is a little hole in the back, hit the stud with a rubber hammer(or put a bit of wood over it so you dont damage the thread) and it will pop out the back

Put the longer stud in the way the old one came out and line the splines up. Put a long socket over the wheel stud then put your wheel nut on it and tighten it up. This pulls the stud all the way through.

Make sure you double chack all the studs are seated properly and tighten all wheels nuts up with a torque wrench when you get your wheels back on

Edit:

Just like this

Edited by Jake4136

Studs are pretty easy to change, they look like this:

CC-036187l.jpg

You just turn the hub to where there is a little hole in the back, hit the stud with a rubber hammer(or put a bit of wood over it so you dont damage the thread) and it will pop out the back

Put the longer stud in the way the old one came out and line the splines up. Put a long socket over the wheel stud then put your wheel nut on it and tighten it up. This pulls the stud all the way through.

Make sure you double chack all the studs are seated properly and tighten all wheels nuts up with a torque wrench when you get your wheels back on

Cheers for that! :thumbs:

Just found a guide on US forum and they use ball joint remover tool instead of hammering then out.

Will go for 6mm spacers for now - if I still worried, will change to 10mm with longer studs.

Unless someone will say that I definately need 10mm spacers now lol

Given you bought new wheels with the correct offset and were assured they would fit over the Brembos, why have you not just sent them back to get what you ordered?

As I said in my 1st post - looks like there are few mm difference on different Zeds...as same wheels fitted fine on other Zed with Brembos. So not really their fault...and I had wheels for 2months before I fitted them (and fitted tyres before I trial fitted them)

Personally Vlad I wouldn't run them that close to the calipers. If you can get the 6mm spacer just to give you that extra bit of room I'd say that was a good idea. ;)

Yea I think that what I will go for :)

:lol: :lol: I got degree in photography... What's wrong? I think zoom and contrast are pretty perfect ! :lol:

It must have expired?

Didn't they teach you about the subject matter? Yes I know you captured the specific issue but at least get the wheel in the photo properly. :teeth: