Junction 17 Cars, Peterborough - A Review - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

DivadElrac

Sorry to hear of more stories about this Dodge City outfit.Just goes to show that a little bit of research on the best car forum in the world can save you a lot of pain.I just wish people would spend more time researching who you are dealing with before steaming in.The Internet is a perfect source for gathering information on people's experiences of trading with most companies so please,please use it.

Actually, it would be more useful if people used their consumer rights a bit more. That would cause companies to either go out of business, or shape up.

I still maintain that I would buy from J17, I'd just be getting everything in writing before hand.

• Like 1

Actually, it would be more useful if people used their consumer rights a bit more. That would cause companies to either go out of business, or shape up.

I still maintain that I would buy from J17, I'd just be getting everything in writing before hand.

...of which they would ignore should you ever wave it in their face despite overwhelming evidence in your favour, then they would promise to do what was in writing and fail that and/or do it on the cheap or illegally, then you have to take them to court etc. Why bother?

...of which they would ignore should you ever wave it in their face despite overwhelming evidence in your favour, then they would promise to do what was in writing and fail that and/or do it on the cheap or illegally, then you have to take them to court etc. Why bother?

If the car and the deal was right, it could still make sense.

I'm not saying they'd be my first choice mind :lol:

I did invoke my consumer rights on them. their solicitor got involved, I stood my ground and ended up with a full refund.

The law is on your side

I am not disagreeing, but when there are hundreds of dealers out there that seem to have at least or a better reputation, why put yourself through the hassle. Its not as if Zeds in that part of the country are hard to come by if you are in the market for one. Makes no sense to me to buy into something which has a consistent record of poor quality cars (yes you can get it checked but you will miss something) poor after care and blatantly ignore consumer rights - why subject yourself to the hassle. I seriously, have better things to do.

• Like 1

Guys, life is too short. Although I still regret the whole experience (should have done my research better, should allegedly have been more careful inspecting the engine bay and not trusting the MOT and inspection, should have married a supermodel etc etc) .... I'm actually now in a better place mentally. I got a call from the manager at Junction17 today and although they haven't changed their fundamental no-fault position, they reiterated their offer to do the repairs at cost (which of course I refused, since the deadline I set them yesterday has passed and I am now using my insurance at a place I trust), and also to help me by covering the excess payment. We'll see if that latter offer comes true in a couple of weeks time - I really hope it does. I just want this car back on the road so that I can start enjoying it.

It's just another of their tactics when the manager gets involved mate, dont fall for it. One of the members on here even had an in-person meeting with Junction17's manager about the miss sold warranty and all sorts trying to get to the bottom of the issues, I cant recall it ending well either.

• Like 1

Guys, life is too short. Although I still regret the whole experience (should have done my research better, should allegedly have been more careful inspecting the engine bay and not trusting the MOT and inspection, should have married a supermodel etc etc) .... I'm actually now in a better place mentally. I got a call from the manager at Junction17 today and although they haven't changed their fundamental no-fault position, they reiterated their offer to do the repairs at cost (which of course I refused, since the deadline I set them yesterday has passed and I am now using my insurance at a place I trust), and also to help me by covering the excess payment. We'll see if that latter offer comes true in a couple of weeks time - I really hope it does. I just want this car back on the road so that I can start enjoying it.

I can't believe you're inflating your future insurance prices over this. If that happened to me on the way home from buying the car I would've got the AA/RAC to tow the car back to the dealer, dump it across their driveway and demand a repair or my money back.

If anything do it for the greater good. The more customers 'let off' a seller despite them breaking the law, the more likely that seller will continue to act in the way they do. If people were more proactive in understanding their rights and acting on them, the less likely rogue traders like this lot would exist and continue to rip unsuspecting customers off.

Sorry bud, but you're a mug.

Sorry bud, but you're a mug.

Kind of agree with both of you. Sometimes it's better to save yourself the heartache and stress which you can't really put a cost on. I don't imagine these are very pleasant people to deal with in this situation.

That said I'd be buggered if I just sucked it up and moved on. At the very least VOSA would be getting a call and someone would be losing their MOT accreditation.

At the very least VOSA would be getting a call and someone would be losing their MOT accreditation.

Who did the MOT by the way? Was it actually Junction 17 or a friendly local garage they now? It will say on the MOT certificate (which you can view online if you don't have it to hand). If it's not actually listed as J17 I dare say that if they were shut down they'd re-register a new company for the MOTs, I'm kinda expecting it to be "Junction 72 MOTs" by now... I'd still complain to VOSA anyway though.

At the very least VOSA would be getting a call and someone would be losing their MOT accreditation.

Who did the MOT by the way? Was it actually Junction 17 or a friendly local garage they now? It will say on the MOT certificate (which you can view online if you don't have it to hand). If it's not actually listed as J17 I dare say that if they were shut down they'd re-register a new company for the MOTs, I'm kinda expecting it to be "Junction 72 MOTs" by now... I'd still complain to VOSA anyway though.

I

To my knowledge unless they see an endemic problem it's the individual who loses the licence not the garage. Customer of ours did it when we found 9 mot failures on a brand new mot

Get a full refund and drive the car through their showroom window! it's the least they deserve. I had everything in writing and they still got their solicitor on to me. Stand your ground and you will win. Let them win again and they will just tuck the next person up

• Like 2

Thanks for all the advice guys, even the tongue in cheek stuff :) . Trading Standards have already been informed, as have VOSA. I guess I was just saying that I'm keeping some perspective on this. It is actually very stressful though, and although I'm 100% in the right legally and morally, the options I've taken so far have been the most palatable given the time I have available and the practicality of the situation. Dumping a car back on someone's forecourt is a bold gesture of rejection I'm sure, but that doesn't magically get me my money back into my bank account. In fact that just makes me look like a dick. And how would I get it there since I can't drive it safely? I have legal cover as part of my insurance - there are other ways to deal with this, as well as experts to help.

• Like 2

So glad I didn't buy from them now, did stop in to have a look at one but what they told me on the phone didn't match what I saw, they even prepped and started to show me the wrong car it was only till I noticed the mileage before I took

It out then checked the plate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So glad I read this thread, was actually going to view a 350z from junction 17 seems to be much lower prices than anywhere else and is only 30 mins from me, but now I'm going to steer very clear!

Sorry to hear about your experience! Terrible when things like that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok guys, so here goes my experience with junction 17 cars is like this. I visited there Yaxley branch before I joined this site and I bought a nice 55 plate 350z convertible it had a few issues like a small tear in the roof and the drop links were noisy, but we sorted out a good price for the car. They fixed the drop links and replaced the roof, however the new roof they sourced was damaged unfortunately this was only evident after they had fitted it, so they then had to source me another 1. This time they opted to replace the vinyl rather than the whole roof, I finally got my lovely new car back this evening. So I can't complain about what they did as they did everything they said they would. But what I will say is that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired tbfh! I only found stuff out by phoning them as I only ever had 1 call from them. Their communication is absolutely appalling or lack there of... But as I have said they did do everything they said they would.

P.s. They had my car for nearly 3 weeks and that was painful as it was payed for.