Rally 370Z

Pangrango

Lovely to watch - lovely to listen to . . . .

Does anyone know how well they do? I'm kinda expecting a ban for the next bit - - - but I'd not have thought a rear wheel drive Zed would be particularly competitive in rallying, as you'd struggle to get the power down and all the 4 wheel drives (and probably a good selection of the fwd too) would just outperform you.

Sorry - I'd love to support it as I love the car - but probably not the ideal choice for this ?

:ban:

Edited by ianphampton

Lovely to watch - lovely to listen to . . . .

Does anyone know how well they do? I'm kinda expecting a ban for the next bit - - - but I'd not have thought a rear wheel drive Zed would be particularly competitive in rallying, as you'd struggle to get the power down and all the 4 wheel drives (and probably a good selection of the fwd too) would just outperform you.

Sorry - I'd love to support it as I love the car - but probably not the ideal choice for this ?

:ban:

You are probably right, too heavy and unwieldy to be competitive, but nevertheless great fun I imagine.

There is now a class in international rallying for rear wheel drive GT cars. Francois Delacour won the class on the 2015 WRC Monte Carlo driving a Tuthill Porsche. I guess that it is only "older" members like me remember similar things being said about the 240Z and it didn't do too badly!

Edited by Pangrango