Where did you find your zed

p34nut

Back in 2007 I ordered a very shiney new silver car from my local Nissan dealer in Bournemouth.

Loved it as it was for almost 3 years and then I joined this bloody Zeditus ridden forum.

I was corrupted beyond all hope and spent my pension pot turning her into the monster I now own.....

• Like 4

350 bought whilst grocery shopping. Happened to be a Nissan dealer next to the supermarket :teeth: Wasn't even thinking of buying a new car. Love at first sight!

370 found on autoscout24.ch Guessing not many people on here found their cars there ;)

and not unknown to hijack genuine accounts, create genuine new ones etc etc

still not something I'd ever do and as I recall, someone did something similar not too long ago and lost about £4000

your money, your risk

A big number from Autotrader, where i saw mine advertised with a dealer.

However, i was looking everywhere, Autotrader, Exchange & Mart. PH, Forum, Ebay, Gumtree.

If your looking for whatever vehicle these days, does everyone not do the same, just search all of em?

depends on the car im buying - if I want something in good condition and spending £5k+, it'll be autotrader. however if im looking for a high mileage, slightly ropey car for under £2k, i'll go for ebay. never had much luck with PH, never even tried Gumtree or exchange&mart.

I didn't even mean to buy one! Went in to Westway Nissan in Aldershot to have a look at a GTR (Not to buy, just to look!) Came out having put a deposit down on a 350z. I rang the then girlfriend (now wife!) and said "Mind if I put a deposit down on a car I like?" :lol:

Mine was something similar. I was looking at E46 M3`s one Saturday at a local dealer, then I happened to spot this lovely older black 350z Roadster sitting in the corner of the showroom next to a Porsche Boxster. I think it was probably the first time id ever really seen a 350z Roadster. I sat in it, and decided yep, thats what I want. Did a quick google, realised the HR Roadster model was the one to have, checked on Autotrader there & then, saw there was just the 3 in 90 mile radius. Luckily one was only 20 mile away, so a quick drive to that garage and test drove a midnight blue HR roadster. Dealer wouldnt budge a penny on the price. The next on the list was a twilight grey one about 90 miles away, so called up the dealer then & there as I drove back home. Arranged a viewing the next morning, turned up, haggled and paid cash. So in less than 24 hours id gone from about to buy an M3 to seeing a zed, test driving two and buying one.

I didnt ask the wife though. :lol:. Much the same when I got my 123d coupe. Turned up at BMW for a test drive and within space of a few hours (I did mega haggling with them) i had left a deposit and picked the car up the next day. Wife didnt know until I turned up at home from work in a £25k beemer the day before we were getting married. Then I left it parked up on the drive for 3 weeks whilst we went on honeymoon. :lol:

Saw mine while browsing through a Nissan dealers site. 12 months old and had been sat in a showroom for all of those 12 months too with just 47 miles on the clock. At that time, there was no main dealer in Chester, Red Rose Motors having lost the Nissan franchise and Lookers, their replacement, not due to open for another 4 months so it was off to Slaters in Abergele about 40 miles away. Got Caroline's Roadster from Lookers in Chester by sheer chance, saw it on the forecourt while my Zed was in for servicing and did a deal while I was waiting :) . Her 2008 2.0 Z4 plus 4k cash.

Pete

found mine on here. turned out to be a dog though.

Still cringe when I think of what that guy did! You've got a top quality car now though!

Didnt need THAT much... only a clutch a flywheel, new brakes all round, 4 new tyres and full service :lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

• Like 2

Got mine from a forum member here. Wasn't in perfect nick but pretty good all the same and knowing at least some of it's history is a big bonus. Bought unseen subject to being in described condition and came down from Glasgow to Lancaster to pick it up.

Buying cars like these from a real enthusiast is a big bonus imho :)

found mine on here. turned out to be a dog though.

Still cringe when I think of what that guy did! You've got a top quality car now though!

Didnt need THAT much... only a clutch a flywheel, new brakes all round, 4 new tyres and full service :lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Did you not notice tyres, brakes and that a service was required?