Invidia Gemini CBE + Berk Technology HFC's - Video/Audio

Chromatic

Hey guys,

It's been a year since I fitted my Invidia Gemini True Dual Cat Back system, then shortly after the Berk Technology High Flow Cats --

I thought I'd record another video to show the sound for people looking at different systems and combinations -- And to show how the sound changes (gets better) over time as the exhaust systems "Break in".

Now keep in mind I used a different set of Cameras for this Video "compilation" -- I used Mobius Action Cam's.. (fantastic little cameras) -- And the Audio is not bad, esp. considering this camera is 37 grams and I can fit 5-6 of these little cameras in my hand. :)

The other exhaust video(s) I did when the exhaust was new was done with my Canon HF R500 -- Which I will use again to get a perfect contrast on sound from New Invidia Gemini and Berk HFC to 1+ Year later (12k miles+) .

Some things to note here:

I covered all the RPM ranges pretty much -- Left most of the normal 1800-2400 range out as we are all used to that.

The audio is from an external mounted Mobius camera (and this is two pictures edited together.. so the Camera showing the reverse/behind the car is the source of the audio.. and subject to windnoise, etc). *I don't think anyone would really believe this is how loud it is inside the car hahah.. but just in case*

I took it easy on the shifts because I'm just completing a proper break in of my new JWT HD Stage 2 Clutch, New Flywheel, Zspeed HD CSC, Wilwood HD Master, and all SS Lines, Nismo Roller bearing (The usual perf. replacements for the OEM stuff ) -- I've done just over 500 miles of easy, sub 3500RPM driving and just passed that mark so this is really the first time I've gone past 4k in a month or so.

I never took it to the 7800 RPM Redline (Slightly higher due to my perf. build and ECU parameters with my tune) -- But in a gear or two I did bring it above 6k for sure to give that sound. The first part of the Video should have some higher RPM sound for you guys who really want someone to get on the car like it's at the track :)

Lastly,.. I had to be somewhat reasonable with the area I drove in. It's not a track,.. and I went to areas that I know well and know no kids would be running out in front of me and so on,.. and even when I would go through a few gears .. In these cars you have to stop in 3rd (As we hit 217Kph in third).

Which is mildly amusing at the 1 Minute 40 Second mark in the Video -- Where you see I go 1st, 2nd, 3rd.. Then I'm already at 160Kph/100mph or so and just for the heck of it go 4th, 5th, 6th real quick lol!

Anyhow.. on to the video :)

• Like 1

Hi Chromatic, good to see you making a visit on here again and nice video of the exhaust combo, which will hopefully be useful to some. ;)

That mountain road at the end looks like something straight out of "Need For Speed" the video game. B):D

I received a GoPro Hero3 for Christmas from my Mrs so when the weathers better here I'm hoping to take the car out on track and get a video or maybe just a few road videos.

Either way it'll be nice to have a decent camera to film with for a change. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi Chromatic, good to see you making a visit on here again and nice video of the exhaust combo, which will hopefully be useful to some. ;)

Oh, I'm not a active for a bit then gone forever. I've been super active with my Zed the whole time.. just have my hands in a bunch of things at once :)

I've actually done a major overhaul of the clutch system top to bottom of the Zed last month.. and will have to add it to my build thread.. unfortunately you can't really see any of it. But I did video the parts and talked about them .. just have to get it up online.

I also have a killer pedal assembly setup from RJM coming in a day or two that will transform the car's "feel" and driveability. I don't even have it installed yet but from every single thread on it (thousands of people have bought and responded) it's mind blowing how much it "fixes" or makes the Zed's clutch pedal finally feel like a proper sports car should not to mention the on the fly adjustments you can make it you feel the need to do so.

More on that when I actually get it installed and can report on it. (Unfortunately the mechanical engineer who makes them needs 10-15 people of Right hand drive cars wanting to purchase to make it worth the time to completely redesign it for the RHD Zeds.. as apparently due to the steering column it would require a huge amount of work.) -- Maybe I can make a solid thread with videos here on it, if it's as good as they say.. and enough people here will want one that , that will finally happen. I know plenty of scattered people in other parts of the world with RHD G35/G37 350Z/370Z's want them. But getting off subject.

This exhaust video was part experimenting with the mobius cams outside the car and part something I've been meaning to do for a while. Though to truly get a 100% direct comparison I'm going to replicate the original video I did with same camera/mic again.

I'll make another thread on those mobius cams.. as I'm sure many are familiar with them.. I am a HUGE (unpaid lol) advocate of them. So amazing for $79

That mountain road at the end looks like something straight out of "Need For Speed" the video game. B):D

Yeah it's a neat road isn't it? That silly SUV got in my way! Arghh.. I think it definitely warrants another video with a clear path to run it fully. It's a fun road cause it's actually steeper than it looks in the video.. and it's a LOOOOOOONG way down if you can't drive and/or are just too stupid driving it /taking turns too fast. As you noticed when I had room I did a lot of heel toe up shifting down into 2nd around the hairpin insane turns.

We have a lot of nice and curvy mountainous roads here, where I live at the end of the Appalachian Mountain chain in B'ham, AL.

Would that be something you guys over in the UK would want to see more of with general Z videos with the outside cam for sound and Front dash cam for the view?

Also.. how did you like the picture in picture? I wasn't sure if it would be better to just leave the front view full screen an eliminate the rear cam but for audio?

I received a GoPro Hero3 for Christmas from my Mrs so when the weathers better here I'm hoping to take the car out on track and get a video or maybe just a few road videos.

Either way it'll be nice to have a decent camera to film with for a change. :thumbs:

Nice! Fun stuff. I have become a camera and video buff the last 1-2 years.. starting with the Zed purchase. I first bought a cheap $199 Handcam.. That lacked features .. so I did some research (as I'm not a rich man) -- And found a camera I could afford that was much better in features with the Canon HF R500 -- Another handhelm type cam.. that I use quite a bit and is what I recorded a lot of the video stuff in my build thread with.

Then I needed a dash cam (I think everyone needs at LEAST a dash cam.. for any car.. it's just smart for insurance purposes, accidents, (in the US, unfortunately, for police harrassment (another story there), amazing stuff randomly happening while driving that you automatically have on video,.. and the list goes on.

And I also needed a cam to record some other stuff for another hobby and side "job" I have dealing with "Counter measures".. digital devices in which I needed a camera that would give a NON shakey picture for digital displays while the suspension moved the camera, and the engine (and other factors) also moved the camera.

To this end,.. After months of going through cams and reading.. I found my answer in the Mobius Action cam. I bought a Go Pro (was like $400) and it was nice,.. but when I discovered the Mobius camera(s) -- for 20% of the price as the GoPro.. -- and it did the job better (was more stable).. and still recorded 1920x1080p at 30FPS .. I couldn't (for my purposes) turn down taking back the Gopro.. and buying 3 Mobius's and having change left over. :)

Plus I can mount them and hard wire them in where you can't see them.. due to color, size, shape, (lens is mounted horizontally vs the typical point/shoot camera lens mount). But bottom line was their capability for a $79 US pricetag.

You've the better camera -- No doubt. I had one,.. But I did compare the 1080p mobius vs. 1080p Gopro and there was no difference in quality. I didn't need a higher resolution than HD/1080progressive for my needs.

But as I said I've been bitten by the video bug so I'll probably end up with one of the newer Gopro's esp with the wifi/remote app capability and so on lol..

I wish you would record some video of you driving around your town/city.. london, etc.. I'd love to see that stuff, with your supercharged Zed zooming in the background :) --

The weather is Fiiiiiiiiiiine.. lol. Go take your (I'm jealous) Supercharged Zed out for 20 minute spin around where you live.. mount up the Gopro somewhere and post it up on youtube and then here. You know you wanna.. You don't even need to edit it.. just record, and upload the raw file.

• Like 1

If you do more videos then imo roads like that mountain one are great for interesting to watch videos, ...much better than just a motorway (highway) and you can't really get up to speed in urban/city environments.

The picture in picture was pretty good I thought. Might be an idea to switch occasionally though to just the rear or forward facing camera especially if there isn't much going on.

I asked for the GoPro as I've had some experience of them from friends who own them and tbh really thought it was best suited to what I want (HD/time lapse/WiFi/Apps etc). I should really have researched other cameras as well but I just got lazy & thought I'd go for the GoPro.

It's the first decent video camera I've ever owned so when the weather improves I'll definitely be doing some videos although I've never put one on Youtube before so I'll have to look into that ~ sure it'll be easy enough though. :D;)

Oh and yes the supercharger is sooooooo much fun in case you wondered. :drive1:lol:

• Like 1

Good tips.. thanks.

I don't deal with Time lapse, wifi, etc... I just want good 1080p HD quality with good audio.. so is why I went with the Mobius cams at their price point and so on. Though remote control of the cams would be interesting,.. and I'm sure I'll be buying more cameras as the years go on.

As for Youtube.. it's simple.. you push the upload button.. select the file.. and that's it. You don't have to use Youtube.. it's just a rather easy and obviously the most popular platform with the most exposure. Most forums are now , in some way, coded to support Youtube videos -- from auto embedding them.. Or like this one having media tags to embed.

I'll look forward to some videos from you! I really would like to hear your car and see your town day or night.

If I had the money I would definitely go FI on my Zed.. but to do it proper with Turbo's it's 10k+ -- I read Superchargers are a little less .. Out of curiosity how much total from A-Z did you spend to have your car supercharged and I assume you did it reliably.. as I would have to do so due to this Zed being my daily driver as well. :) I was impressed with the huge leap your HP numbers went to!

• Like 1

Oh and I came here as one of the few American regulars (I'm just assuming here ;) ) -- Because the difference in the community here is night and day vs. the other major Zed forum online.. no names mentioned. :)

You guys don't jump on someone for , gasp, asking a question that has been asked before (Oh the horror!) -- And in general are just a good group of people.

• Like 1

And in general are just a good group of people.

You'll learn...

:lol:

Hehehe.. I've been here a year'ish now.. You guys are a great lot.. I don't care what everyone else says.. :lol:

You've got me worried now, :surrender: ...are the "other" forums talking about us behind our backs then!. :scare::lol:

• Like 1