Apple watch

tatooandy67

Loads of people have old apple products, why do you think the second hand prices are so high?

I've got an old apple tv and my iMac must be at least 4 years old and isn't even close to being due for replacement, my first Powerbook lasted me from 1996 to 2002 and I still manage to get a few quid for it when I sold it; try floggin a 6 year old windows device :lol:

Yeah, this.

Our iMac is at least 7 years old and still going strong, and my old 3GS is doing a grand job still.

I upgrade to flashy gadgets because I want to, not because I have to or I'll feel uncool if I don't.

always remember rule #1. nobody has an old apple product!

My wife is using a 6 year Apple MacBook Air to do most of her PHD work...The topic is analysing Cardiac MRI data in patients with heart disease...So she's not exactly using it to just browse the web :)

....I think the theme for this thread is Apple Fanboys are crazy/sad/stupid...But we'll come with an argument about how great Apple stuff is no matter than facts/fiction/comment you present to us :)

....I think the theme for this thread is Apple Fanboys are crazy/sad/stupid...But we'll come with an argument about how great Apple stuff is no matter than facts/fiction/comment you present to us :)

Or, and I'm just playing devil's advocate here, you'll continue to justify your choices in the same way the anti-Applists will justify theirs.

You'll never agree, you'll never convince each other that the other is wrong (regardless of fact/fiction/comment or even subjective opinion), the staunch Applists will continue to buy Apply products, the staunch anti-Applists will continue not to buy Apple products and the tedious bickering will go on, and on. And on, and on. And on.

Also, clearly the Amiga was better than the ST.

One thing we can all agree on is that the Megadrive was better than the SNES.

One thing we can all agree on is that the Megadrive was better than the SNES.

Are you joking?!?!?! Mario bros rocks, sonic licks balls!!

. . . and Horace Goes Skiing on the ZX Spectrum pulls all your pants down. Win :#1:

43 days and counting :yahoo:

If you like it buy it, if you don't like it then don't buy it :shrug:

I'm a huge fan so I know which way I'm going

There will always be fans and haters just like there is for every gadget/car/etc.....

But for me right now happiness is in the form of a stainless steel Apple watch which will be available soon :yahoo:

Is the cost that bothers me the most.

I'd want the standard watch in stainless with a stainless strap, preferably in Space Grey. However, £900? I'm not sure I can justify that. The Sport watch does everything too, but I don't want those cheapy bands. I'll wait and see what the aftermarket does with regards to straps, then I *might* see if I can get away with a Sport model. If not, then a standard one with a cheapy strap will do.

Tbf I've been wrestling with my conscience over the prices since they were announced and I do believe they are taking the p, even though I knew they would be pricey I didn't expect such a huge price difference between the aluminium and steel versions, I'd set myself an upper limit which was unfortunately blown out of the water when prices were announced but after weighing up the for and against factors I've come to the conclusion that as I'd set my hopes on the steel version nothing else will do so for the sake of a few extra £££ I'm going for it and can't wait

roll on April 24th :yahoo:

I'd want the standard watch in stainless with a stainless strap, preferably in Space Grey. However, £900? I'm not sure I can justify that.

Depends on how you look at it . . the Apple watch is not a cheap Casio from the local market (£2.99), if you think about what would be a comparable watch in quality . . a TAG or Omega? then they are generally over £1k, so £900 could be considered a bargain.

Just because it has a computer chip in it does that make it less quality than a traditional watch with fancy swiss cogs in? :shrug:

• Like 1

I'd want the standard watch in stainless with a stainless strap, preferably in Space Grey. However, £900? I'm not sure I can justify that.

Depends on how you look at it . . the Apple watch is not a cheap Casio from the local market (£2.99), if you think about what would be a comparable watch in quality . . a TAG or Omega? then they are generally over £1k, so £900 could be considered a bargain.

Just because it has a computer chip in it does that make it less quality than a traditional watch with fancy swiss cogs in? :shrug:

I like your logic, :thumbs:

Sorry, I wasn't saying that they're not worth it as I think they probably are, it's just whether I can justify that kind of expenditure on a watch. That buys a nice weekend break away, or a set of blinds for the house, or a decent drum kit...

• 4 weeks later...