Apple watch

tatooandy67

Typical apple of the last few years - copy what everyone else is doing, do it (usually) worse and charge double. But it's ok because the isheep will buy it!

Show me another smart watch that does *everything* the Apple Watch does.

I have little interest in smartwatches at the moment, to me they seem rather pointless

:wacko:

I quit. :surrender:

I have little interest in smartwatches at the moment, to me they seem rather pointless; so unfortunately I can't give you an answer on that, let alone try and work Apple's site to get round all the arty crap

Well, perhaps it might be worth your while not passing comment on something you have no idea about then.

It's like me posting on Mumsnet about how breast feeding really hurts my nipples.

• Like 2

Typical apple of the last few years - copy what everyone else is doing, do it (usually) worse and charge double. But it's ok because the isheep will buy it!

I can see absolutely no use for one of these, Im an admitted apple fanboy, i have an iPhone, iPad, macbook pro and I'm not in the slightest bit interested.

You guys are 100% right....

Before the PowerBook 100, other laptops existed...

Before the iMac, other computers had built in USB...

Before the iPod, MP3 players were around...

Before the iPhone, other 'smart' phones were around...

Before the iPad, other tablets were around...

The thing I love about Apple is they will release a product 90% of the public will not see the potential of, and go against any market research.....Sometimes it flops (Apple Games console, Apple Newton, Apple QuickTake camera), but more often than not they succeed by demonstrating good design is more about the user interface than pure hardware....

But your guys aren't alone in doubting Apple...

Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft said the iPhone was..

“That is the most expensive phone in the world. And it doesn’t appeal to business customers because it doesn’t have a keyboard, which makes it not a very good email machine.â€

Internet forum users 'loved' the idea of the iPod...Sounds familiar to some comments here ;)

"Looks like the markets aren’t looking too favorably on Apple’s new forays into the digital device market.

Of course the iPod is cool, neat, whatever. You wouldn’t expect anything less from Apple. But I agree with most on this forum. $400 is simply too much in the present economic climate. One other thing. I’d like to know what their margins for the iPod are…â€

“Keep in mind it’s $400 right now becuase the Apple Fanatics will have to have one. They’ll pay anything for the latest cool toy from Apple. In 6 months, hopefully the rest of us will be buying the 20GB version for $200.â€

....and let's not forget all the people that called the iPad 'Just a big iPod touch'

I could go on...I'm clearly an Apple fanboy, but given how influential Apple products have been in the consumer electronics market, why wouldn't I be a fan of Apple products...

I had some doubts that the vision Apple had under Steve Jobs might have died with him, but the past 6 months has seen Apple back at their best....

Aside from the iWatch news, they also releases a 12 inch Latop with a 9ht batter life and wait for it...Just 'ONE' USB C connector (not even a power socket)....WTF, how are you going to plug other stuff into it....It's almost as crazy as introducing the original iMac with only USB ports and no floppy disc drive back in 1998....Idiots, clearly the designers at Apple have lost it....again. ;)

I wouldn't be buying the first gen Apple watch, but will be getting the second gen one (as I did with the iPod/iPhone/iPad)...PersonallyI cannot wait to see how developers go with this...BMW have already announced an iWatch app....Can you imagine how cool it would be to just hold your wrist up, say to the watch 'Get car' and your car just magically appears :)

Edited by gangzoom

To add on what it was said above:

"When Steve Jobs returned to Apple in 1997, Michael Dell famously trashed the company with a killer quote.

When asked what he'd do with Apple if he were in Jobs' shoes, Dell said:

What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders."

Today however:

63a704a230f70ed7993cbaefe47781d5.jpg

Lots of experts out there...

Oh, and Apple's website is the industry standard about how a website/ online shop should look like: beautiful, yet simple and versatile, extremely easy to navigate and buy.

I have little interest in smartwatches at the moment, to me they seem rather pointless; so unfortunately I can't give you an answer on that, let alone try and work Apple's site to get round all the arty crap

Well, perhaps it might be worth your while not passing comment on something you have no idea about then.

It's like me posting on Mumsnet about how breast feeding really hurts my nipples.

Because I do have some idea, and this is a forum, generally meant to comment, however ill-informed. And by little interest, I mean I haven't read every single tech spec around. As a bit of a gadget whore, I do have some idea of the general use and application, but can't go quoting the processors of each watch....

So it has a heartbeat monitor, woop de doo, so does my phone; is it ever used? No.

It does card payments - again so do lots of other things, but Apple's is only via NFC which makes it very restrictive.

Battery is pretty poor - claiming what, 18-24 hours. Sony's is double that.

Apple generally, did very well under Jobs, as you say, did things very well - I have just never liked the overly restrictive nature. Lately (ie last couple of years or so) though, I don't see the spark. eg. They claimed that no-one would ever want/need a 7" tablet, then brought one out. With a poorer screen, less power, and a higher price than rivals.

So it has a heartbeat monitor, woop de doo, so does my phone; is it ever used? No.

It does card payments - again so do lots of other things, but Apple's is only via NFC which makes it very restrictive.

Battery is pretty poor - claiming what, 18-24 hours. Sony's is double that.

So you cannot see the potential of a product that will let you pay without your wallet, let you do fitness tracking without having to wear stupid looking chest strap, send you notifications without you having to pull your phone out, and I suspect in the next few versions, will be GPS enabled??

Before the iPhone came out, I had a phone, a iPod, a palm pilot, the iPhone didn't do anything else those things couldn't do, but it did all better and in 1 device.

I can see the iWatch replacing my wallet, fitness tracker, keys (if you can pay with a Apple Watch, why cannot you un-lock your house/car with one?), and eventually as battery technology evolves it will replace your phone for GPS navigation.....and these are all applications I can think of even before the thing is release. Who knows what developers will do with it.....The thing about great ideas is that someone clever has to come up with it first, just because I cannot think a new application because I'm too stupid to think of one doesn't mean someone else wouldn't come up with a new application for the product ;)

But all the doubter can carry on moaning.....As one of the biggest and most profitable electronic companies ever, if anyone can make this concept work its Apple :)...I very much doubt your be able to get hold one even if you tried come 10th April!!

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 2

I can see the potential in that regard, yes, but phones do all of that - and better in some regards (see the S6 for instance, not just NFC). fitness tracking - no personal interest, plus you can get fitness bands for a LOT less if that sort of thing floats your boat.

Plus I don't fancy a glowing screen going round with me everywhere!

Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft said the iPhone was..

“That is the most expensive phone in the world. And it doesn’t appeal to business customers because it doesn’t have a keyboard, which makes it not a very good email machine.â€

I work in the Mobile world and the most popular phone by miles for the Enterprise is. . . . . . . wait for it . . . . the iPhone.

Android is second, Windows then BB.

I can see the potential in that regard, yes, but phones do all of that - and better in some regards (see the S6 for instance, not just NFC). fitness tracking - no personal interest, plus you can get fitness bands for a LOT less if that sort of thing floats your boat.

Plus I don't fancy a glowing screen going round with me everywhere!

I'm pretty sure the face of the watch won't be lit up all the time :lol:

• Like 1

I really can't wait, I'm currently torn between either the Milanese loop or leather loop or modern buckle with the stainless steel (I think, but I keep changing my mind :lol: ) in an ideal world I'd have them all but for now I can only get one, so many decisions, feel like a kid waiting for Santa :yahoo:

Edited by tatooandy67

I think this explains Apple's fancy new metals pretty well . . .

:lol:

bwahahahahahahaha!

"the cases are as epic as we promise them to be"

go fashion victims! good news is you get to repeat very soon when the next release is out. can't be there in a years time wearing something obsolete or showing you're poor and don't have the issue that came out the day before.

always remember rule #1. nobody has an old apple product!

but seriously. what happened to the nismo watch? I would buy that one.

always remember rule #1. nobody has an old apple product!

Loads of people have old apple products, why do you think the second hand prices are so high?

I've got an old apple tv and my iMac must be at least 4 years old and isn't even close to being due for replacement, my first Powerbook lasted me from 1996 to 2002 and I still manage to get a few quid for it when I sold it; try floggin a 6 year old windows device :lol: