Andy James 2015 sprint/hill climb/track day season

Will be at Goodwood this coming Saturday for Eagle Sprint.

Two laps of the historic track against the clock which is harder than you think as your out there on your own without anyone to chase or follow the lines of someone that knows the track backwards!

Going to gamble on tyre choice on this one and run the car on my 19"s shod with the mpss.

Was really impressed with grip on track at Silverstone last weekend and have found that the toyo 888rs in hot weather overheat after only a couple of quick laps which means they might go soft on me after the practice runs before the event!

If my name was Hamilton I could probably swoop in after lap one and change them over for just a 3 second stop and steal the trophy but then where would the fun be in that! ............. Lol

Going to gamble on tyre choice on this one and run the car on my 19"s shod with the mpss.

Was really impressed with grip on track at Silverstone last weekend and have found that the toyo 888rs in hot weather overheat after only a couple of quick laps which means they might go soft on me after the practice runs before the event!

I'm in France unfortunately, however if I ever manage to make it to one of your events and it's dry feel free to swap wheels for the day and try the AD08s. They'll be faster than the MPSS in the dry (but suck in the wet) and won't lose grip unless you make them bald. They're only on the standard Ray's though (which I personally like but may be too skinny with standard sized tyres).

• Like 1

Great day out yesterday with Andy at Goodwood at Brighton & Hove Motor Clubs Sprint meeting, so some pics and a compliation vid for you.

First went down to the chicane to watch the practice runs

P1040457_zpswgayk9j0.jpg

'Our' Andy

P1040459_zpsmcekomxw.jpg

P1040462_zps8yfceh37.jpg

And Andy was against Joe Eagle in his GTR (oh, and he also has a Nismo GTR and a Lambo Aventador in his stable....)

P1040464_zpslbsxpwwv.jpg

Don't want to be any closer to those tyres :scare:

P1040466_zps2riqgjde.jpg

P1040467_zpst39cfywb.jpg

P1040489_zpsfcjrtplq.jpg

The 'lap' started at the pit lane exit and was completed just after the chicane before turning into the paddock so not quite a full lap. A little frustrating for Andy (and no doubt others) as it meant no chance to warm up tyres before the first corner so had to be a bit tippy-toe. And with 5 cars let out one behind the other nd no overtaking it lead to some baulking, as Andy found out to his cost when one or more in front had a, er, wobbly moment.

This Radical was immensely quick off the line and sounded gloriousP1040469_zpskz4vwnia.jpg

P1040491_zpsakokqlku.jpg

Not in Andy's class, but come across this exx Nissan RJN and lightened left hooker I have seen before at Slverstone driven by Jim Bridges. I gather he has a Stillen supercharger install being done later this year so that will be very quick then. Spot Andy;s 350 in the background cooling down.

P1040471_zpsinalxsoe.jpg

P1040486_zpsoozoggbz.jpgP1040505_zpsskhlecit.jpg

Very entertaining but the engine needed fettling after this run and they were still at it when I left

P1040490_zpszd76eqzf.jpg

P1040495_zps0sfpadik.jpg

Two hot Nissans!

P1040472_zpsps8haqda.jpg

Always have a soft spot for the GT40's even though I don't fit in them

P1040494_zpsceyqvpza.jpg

P1040473_zpswnlxuiun.jpg

P1040500_zpsxcozkn1w.jpg

P1040501_zpslfu97fhy.jpg

Lining up for the timed runs

P1040478_zpscqwd6c5p.jpg

P1040502_zpsakr75jti.jpg

Another casualty that had to pull out from his final timed run

P1040503_zpsrdvyyet9.jpg

Thought I better some Porsche pics :lol:

P1040504_zpskq6yykjp.jpg

And pics with sound! :lol::surrender: Suggest you use full screen ;)

Oh, and a little teaser of something else at Goodwood (for another thread)

P1040482_zpszqdamgxy.jpg

• Like 3

Great day out yesterday with Andy at Goodwood at Brighton & Hove Motor Clubs Sprint meeting, so some pics and a compliation vid for you.

First went down to the chicane to watch the practice runs

P1040457_zpswgayk9j0.jpg

'Our' Andy

P1040459_zpsmcekomxw.jpg

P1040462_zps8yfceh37.jpg

And Andy was against Joe Eagle in his GTR (oh, and he also has a Nismo GTR and a Lambo Aventador in his stable....)

P1040464_zpslbsxpwwv.jpg

Don't want to be any closer to those tyres :scare:

P1040466_zps2riqgjde.jpg

P1040467_zpst39cfywb.jpg

P1040489_zpsfcjrtplq.jpg

The 'lap' started at the pit lane exit and was completed just after the chicane before turning into the paddock so not quite a full lap. A little frustrating for Andy (and no doubt others) as it meant no chance to warm up tyres before the first corner so had to be a bit tippy-toe. And with 5 cars let out one behind the other nd no overtaking it lead to some baulking, as Andy found out to his cost when one or more in front had a, er, wobbly moment.

This Radical was immensely quick off the line and sounded gloriousP1040469_zpskz4vwnia.jpg

P1040491_zpsakokqlku.jpg

Not in Andy's class, but come across this exx Nissan RJN and lightened left hooker I have seen before at Slverstone driven by Jim Bridges. I gather he has a Stillen supercharger install being done later this year so that will be very quick then. Spot Andy;s 350 in the background cooling down.

P1040471_zpsinalxsoe.jpg

P1040486_zpsoozoggbz.jpgP1040505_zpsskhlecit.jpg

Very entertaining but the engine needed fettling after this run and they were still at it when I left

P1040490_zpszd76eqzf.jpg

P1040495_zps0sfpadik.jpg

Two hot Nissans!

P1040472_zpsps8haqda.jpg

Always have a soft spot for the GT40's even though I don't fit in them

P1040494_zpsceyqvpza.jpg

P1040473_zpswnlxuiun.jpg

P1040500_zpsxcozkn1w.jpg

P1040501_zpslfu97fhy.jpg

Lining up for the timed runs

P1040478_zpscqwd6c5p.jpg

P1040502_zpsakr75jti.jpg

Another casualty that had to pull out from his final timed run

P1040503_zpsrdvyyet9.jpg

Thought I better some Porsche pics :lol:

P1040504_zpskq6yykjp.jpg

And pics with sound! :lol::surrender: Suggest you use full screen ;)

Oh, and a little teaser of something else at Goodwood (for another thread)

P1040482_zpszqdamgxy.jpg

Amazing pics and video Colin!

My dash cam only gives the in car view so it's really nice to see the car as others see it in action!

Thanks for popping down to lend your support and friendly banter!

Look forward to seeing you at the Brighton Speed Trials on Sept 5th

Car running well but the clutch slipped again on one of the runs.

Hope it hangs on till the end of the season.

Winter mods will be twin plate,Kaz Diff andsome paintwork as all the track work has had its toll on the front bumper which looks like it has been shot with a cannon full of "p" shingle! Lol

Due to over subscription and priority given to championship contenders I haven't got an entry at Shelsley on the 16th August even though my cheque was banked!...

After a frantic session on the I pad I have managed to divert my quest for speed to Japfest 2 at Rockingham!

Hotel booked and 3 track sessions lined up.

Not been to this venue before so looking forward to it.

Due to over subscription and priority given to championship contenders I haven't got an entry at Shelsley on the 16th August even though my cheque was banked!...

After a frantic session on the I pad I have managed to divert my quest for speed to Japfest 2 at Rockingham!

im on track at 11:40 dunno when yours are

im on track at 11:40 dunno when yours are

10,11.40 and 14.40

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by this thread I've entered for two days in September at Harewood Hill in Yorkshire. Any chance of you jumping on it too?

Purely for important NA v FI data gathering reasons obviously. Not as if it was just for fun or anything... :)

Good luck mate,and take some video/pics if you can.

I'm already booked up every weekend in September!

• 3 weeks later...

Dissapointing weekend at Gurston dueto the bloody weather!

Sat practice was a mixed bag of wet and dry runs so no chance to dial the car in.

Sun race day practice run was wet from the previous nights rain so no fast times yet!

First timed run on a damp track in 38 secs was better than expected as i wasnt pushing too hard.

Second timed run was ten minutes away,track is now dry,car running really well in the cooler air and im thinking "go for it Jamesey this is your chance to break the 36 mark for the first time"

It pis..sed it down as our batch lined up in the paddock and didnt stop all afternoon!

I slithered/drifted my way up the hill with windsceen wipers on flat out,got two wheels on the grass :scare:,pulled up in the top paddock glad to be alive!

In the half hour or so i took to pack up the car the tow truck went up the hill to drag 4 poor souls cars back down with various bits missing or bent! Bank Holiday weather at its best!

Brighton Speed Trials next Sat 5th Sept which is a fantastic spectator event with allsorts of cars blasting the1/4 mile along the promanade.

Interesing selection of cars in my class!

Sat practice was a mixed bag of wet and dry runs so no chance to dial the car in.

Sun race day practice run was wet from the previous nights rain so no fast times yet!

First timed run on a damp track in 38 secs was better than expected as i wasnt pushing too hard.

Second timed run was ten minutes away,track is now dry,car running really well in the cooler air and im thinking "go for it Jamesey this is your chance to break the 36 mark for the first time"

It pis..sed it down as our batch lined up in the paddock and didnt stop all afternoon!

I slithered/drifted my way up the hill with windsceen wipers on flat out,got two wheels on the grass :scare:,pulled up in the top paddock glad to be alive!

In the half hour or so i took to pack up the car the tow truck went up the hill to drag 4 poor souls cars back down with various bits missing or bent! Bank Holiday weather at its best!

Brighton Speed Trials next Sat 5th Sept which is a fantastic spectator event with allsorts of cars blasting the1/4 mile along the promanade.

brigton%20speed%20trials%20photo_zpsoxl3zgtd.jpg

Sorry for multi posts!

• Like 1

Certainly an interesting selection. A couple of E types I notice.

I owned a white 4.2 fixed head for a while in the 90s(should have kept it) lol!

Project 7 is the one that might give me a bashing!!

Haha. Might just have the edge on you. Will be interesting to see how the 3.8 E type fairs against you. Look forward to you posting some times.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 1