Interesting car for somebody

steve916

I think the 396 bhp figure is just a typo and it's meant to be 296 as it's written below.

The power is whats got me bugged.

its the GENUINE 3.5 v6 (oh thank god! i thought it was a fake), car is on around 34k miles, but a new engine 6k mile ago, just had a repsray, and now its up for sale? eh ???

power is typoed ?:

^^^ thats 3 out of 4 digits that have changed.

again as said, where are the dynos.

theres mention of ecu tuning, uprated cams, etc etc.

soooo many things here that worry me.

i might give the seller a call... just for Shirt's and Giggles.

I think the 396 bhp figure is just a typo and it's meant to be 296 as it's written below.

The power is whats got me bugged.

its the GENUINE 3.5 v6 (oh thank god! i thought it was a fake), car is on around 34k miles, but a new engine 6k mile ago, just had a repsray, and now its up for sale? eh ???

power is typoed ?:

^^^ thats 3 out of 4 digits that have changed.

again as said, where are the dynos.

theres mention of ecu tuning, uprated cams, etc etc.

soooo many things here that worry me.

i might give the seller a call... just for Shirt's and Giggles.

Ask some questions on ebay and get the answers in writing :stir:

its like he has covered his car in pritt stick, then driven through a halfords store, and driven out the other side with everything he's ever wanted, stuck in, around, and on it.

The paint is not great as is 11 years old, but it's just had a respray... and I've Never heard of a 'sebon' bonnet before :)

Edited by Martin_t5r

He has a new message:

Hi there,

VERY interested in the car, however would like a bit more info before I commit to a purchase.

Do you have any dyno printouts of the power? I'm not very clued up about these cars so I'm a little skeptical off an almost 100bhp power increase without forced induction. I presume it must be that these engines must be very tuned down at standard so only a few mods to get a lot of power?

Also, you say this has been owned by club members. Which club is this as I would like to find a bit more information on the history, maybe from a project thread from the previous owner?

I cannot seem to find anything online regarding the sponsor 'SEBON'? What do they do?

Was the red interior an optional extra?

When was the respray done? It says in the ad 'paintwork is 11 years old' to which you then go on to say it has had a recent respray.

Just clarifying as I have cash waiting, looking for my next show/weekend car and seems too good to miss!

• Like 6

Love the "NISMO engine cover". Wonder if he stuck that on himself!!

Those seats are 'orrible. There was someone on eBay selling standard seats that had been sprayed bmw oxblood red the other day, wonder if it's his bodged attempt.

I asked a couple of questions ref power and cam-belt change etc and got a quick reply:

They apparently have a dyno print out showing the 390 odd bhp but he's going to get it on the dyno again this week, but it feels quicker than his M3?

I think he's a trader and this was taken in px so knows nothing about its origin, but claiming the original engine failed?.Its of course immensely fast, fully sorted etc but not a lot to back it up.

I guess they will say anything to get you to view and accidentally forgot about all of the flaws/lack of history!

We have seen a few cars over the years that claim full history etc, but have nothing like it. Best one was a Toyota Celica Import from a local garage, very clean car, but when he proudly produced the stamped dealer service book and lots service paperwork, it was ALL for a Subaru Impreza! Nice.....

He has a new message:

Hi there,

VERY interested in the car, however would like a bit more info before I commit to a purchase.

Do you have any dyno printouts of the power? I'm not very clued up about these cars so I'm a little skeptical off an almost 100bhp power increase without forced induction. I presume it must be that these engines must be very tuned down at standard so only a few mods to get a lot of power?

Also, you say this has been owned by club members. Which club is this as I would like to find a bit more information on the history, maybe from a project thread from the previous owner?

I cannot seem to find anything online regarding the sponsor 'SEBON'? What do they do?

Was the red interior an optional extra?

When was the respray done? It says in the ad 'paintwork is 11 years old' to which you then go on to say it has had a recent respray.

Just clarifying as I have cash waiting, looking for my next show/weekend car and seems too good to miss!

Finally got back to me! Sounds to me like a genuine car garage going off what they've been told by previous owner. Although the car got slated, the guys selling it seem genuine. They've even doubted the BHP now and are getting a print out of their own.

"hi mike thanks for your question we have just ended the listing due to some question marks around cars back ground we have got the car booked for a dyno test next week to get a proof of the bhp we did have a dyno from the previius owner handed to us showing 395.6 bhp but we are going ahead to get one done for our self to answer few questions asked off us. we took the car as a px towards my evo so dont have to much history but have got folder full of invoices with car and was advised it has been a club owners car so will be checking this info with hopefully some one from the nissan 350z owners club who can shad some light on this in reff to the car it self its drives spot on and handles the road pretty well i can confirm the car was painted full as we done that and have had my mechanic confirm that the engine on the car is from the grand turisom 4 and it has had alot of work done to it but we are gona get some answers from the club where this car has been built up and after that it will be relisted for sale hope that answers your question and once we reciece the answer we will relist it cheers but as for now we are gona contact the 350z owners clubs to get some info cheers"

ad72002b082505bf7f72bd964c2b389b.jpg

c17c7656dd81437c77f48331e3cf2c01.jpg

His Evo:

f2412a561e6fafa2f1150eb46dd19e88.jpg

Really do hope he got plenty of money as well as the PX because the Evo is stunning!

Edited by Mikey Thompson

The garage where it was sprayed looks a bit rough and dusty ?

+1 I think I'd cry if I discovered that to be the location of my local bodyshop. Although £3.5k does seem rather cheap for a full respray does it not? Pay peanuts you get monkeys....or maybe I am the monkey that has been ripped off in the past :lol:

+1 I think I'd cry if I discovered that to be the location of my local bodyshop. Although £3.5k does seem rather cheap for a full respray does it not? Pay peanuts you get monkeys....or maybe I am the monkey that has been ripped off in the past :lol:

I'd have thought 3.5k was about right, if not then a bit expensive. Or is my sarcasm detector broken?...

I'd have thought 3.5k was about right, if not then a bit expensive. Or is my sarcasm detector broken?...

Same, I'd have said it was expensive

I paid £2500 to get my Supra resprayed

I paid £2k for a front end respray, feathered into the doors and modification to fit 370z emblems plus a number of other minor details :unsure:

edit: Oh yes that included a new bumper too. Still seems a bit sharp though

Edited by Ceejay29

I paid £2k for a front end respray, feathered into the doors and modification to fit 370z emblems plus a number of other minor details :unsure:

Top guys near me were charging less than half that for front bumper smooth and front end respray of bonnet, bumper and wings.

They do a really top job, no back street garage. They have an original E-Type Superlight and Shelby Cobra in there so can't imagine they do half a job. Top reviews from everyone I've spoken to as well.

Top guys near me were charging less than half that for front bumper smooth and front end respray of bonnet, bumper and wings.

Maybe I should move up north :lol: