I have always been indecisive but im doing my own head in now

nissanman312

I went out in a 370z with a gtm sc kit on it he broke traction slightly in 2nd on a damp Road at full throttle

But didn't seem to struggle to much after that

Who's drives flat out in this weather anyway for me it would be high days and holidays that way it would stay a novelty

I'd hate to be feathering the throttle on 90% of drives when I could simply press the pedal more on an N/A car.

Exactly why the basic Zed cars are so much fun, as you can use 100% of the power without too much worry :) On a track car then sure, more power is usually better, but for a road car once you get to around 200bhp/ton then there's not really anything that's going to hold you up.

No one would buy super cars if this was the case .

And to be fair in bad weather you ( maybe just me ) can't really drive the standard zed at 100% anyway . For me it's having the power to use when the conditions are right , if I wanted an all weather beast I've bought the wrong car ,...rs4 , ttrs etc

No one would buy super cars if this was the case .

A certain percentage of supercar owners buy them just for the badge and/or rarely drive them at all. ;)

And to be honest if I had a super car that probably would be true of me !! I spend more time looking/cleaning my little zed :)

I know very sad :(

And to be honest if I had a super car that probably would be true of me !! I spend more time looking/cleaning my little zed :)

What sort of weirdo would spend a great deal of his spare time cleaning his car despite covering relatively few miles? :wacko:

You'd never catch me doing something like that... :disguise:

• Like 2

What sort of weirdo would spend a great deal of his spare time cleaning his car despite covering relatively few miles? :wacko:

You'd never catch me doing something like that... :disguise:

Yes someone else in the world like me ...... A fruit cake :)

• Like 1

The best traction control is your right foot. If you're relying on traction control to stop you spinning wheels and generally chucking yourself in a ditch, you really should be looking at improving your technique rather than adding technology.

And I say that coming from someone who nearly chucked his 911 in a ditch after relying on traction control a little too much... :blush:

Nic you must see my car. I'll let you have a little go :)

This car makes me smile every time I drive it, and quite frankly when you put your foot down and get an almighty continuous shove in the back from the acceleration you giggle like a fool, then wonder where the straight bits went and/or swear the air blue when you see what the speedo says. I've put 12k on my car since the Stillen kit was installed and apart from my well-documented affair with the ECU failing (probably due to me letting water in) it has been flawless.

I spend a bit more on servicing, but not a lot more. Fuel consumption is similar. You can take a copy of my service intervals sheet for the Stillen car here, as a Google Spreadsheet. Useful to estimate running costs.

http://370zgt.tumblr.com/post/96962886646/a-simple-schedule-to-keep-track-of-the-maintenance

I don't regret a penny of this.

In fact I also went down the rabbit hole of thoughts about what to do with cars when I had my 350z. Do I get an Atom/Caterham/etc. for fun and a diesel shed for commuting. I figured I drive so much for my job that I wanted to be in a car that was fast, fun and good at long-distances. A proper GT car. Adding the Supercharger was my way of saying to myself "stop bloody well changing your car, Winsor" — the appeal of something newer or faster or having two practical seats and all that malarkey is a law of diminishing returns. A GT-R is £70k, but is it double the fun?

Ho hum...

• Like 1

Best thing to do is to just buy the charger, no point in turning back after that :lol: it's what I did.

On its way from the USA .... Along with a lots of other goodies :)

Finally caved then :lol:

Yep this is my stupid thing I'm doing this year :)

It was inevitably really ..... Spend way to much time on here !!

• Like 1

Nic you must see my car. I'll let you have a little go :)

This car makes me smile every time I drive it, and quite frankly when you put your foot down and get an almighty continuous shove in the back from the acceleration you giggle like a fool, then wonder where the straight bits went and/or swear the air blue when you see what the speedo says. I've put 12k on my car since the Stillen kit was installed and apart from my well-documented affair with the ECU failing (probably due to me letting water in) it has been flawless.

I spend a bit more on servicing, but not a lot more. Fuel consumption is similar. You can take a copy of my service intervals sheet for the Stillen car here, as a Google Spreadsheet. Useful to estimate running costs.

http://370zgt.tumblr.com/post/96962886646/a-simple-schedule-to-keep-track-of-the-maintenance

I don't regret a penny of this.

In fact I also went down the rabbit hole of thoughts about what to do with cars when I had my 350z. Do I get an Atom/Caterham/etc. for fun and a diesel shed for commuting. I figured I drive so much for my job that I wanted to be in a car that was fast, fun and good at long-distances. A proper GT car. Adding the Supercharger was my way of saying to myself "stop bloody well changing your car, Winsor" — the appeal of something newer or faster or having two practical seats and all that malarkey is a law of diminishing returns. A GT-R is £70k, but is it double the fun?

Ho hum...

Can't wait to see your motor mate

Nic, do your best to convince Dom to come to Shesley meeting, you get to see both FI setups :lol:

I'd love to, but I'll have a fair way to travel (according to Google):

4,273 mi

Distance from Shelsley Walsh to Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Edited by dajw

Nic, do your best to convince Dom to come to Shesley meeting, you get to see both FI setups :lol:

I'd love to, but I'll have a fair way to travel (according to Google):

4,273 mi

Distance from Shelsley Walsh to Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh

I'll have to wait for dom to get back then ;)

The best traction control is your right foot

For 500hp cars that are driven in the wet, Im afraid Ill beg to differ unless you want to spend all your time doing 2K rpm in 6th.

Actual decent TC (see RLTC, anything OE that isnt Japanese) means you can still enjoy a monster car in less than perfect conditions without having the Grim Reaper sat next to you all the time, its sooooo easy just to go a bit too far, hit a bump while youre correcting and interface with something unexpected that youd end up shitting it in anything other than perfect conditions.

However ........

And to be fair in bad weather you ( maybe just me ) can't really drive the standard zed at 100% anyway

Youd be suprised, its a very progressive car and if youre confident it can really move in the wet :)