Thank you Abbey

sregorn

They had to send the ECU to America for a reflash after my local garage corrupted it when they cleaned the throttle bodies , so I had the uprev at the same time

.If I lived closer I would use Abbey for all my work.

Thats interesting, what make is your ECU, why America?

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

They had to send the ECU to America for a reflash after my local garage corrupted it when they cleaned the throttle bodies , so I had the uprev at the same time

Thats interesting, what make is your ECU, why America?

Maybe just for some sunshine & sandy beaches...

Fair enough, I've just never heard of an ECU being sent to America to be reflashed. It might be something to do with the HR but an ECU reset normally sorts most things out. I'm sure Abbey will be along at some point to let us know😀

Ecu has been damaged due to a garage cleaning the throttle bodies (opening the Throttle plate) without disconnecting the battery and disconnecting the ECU. The causes a feedback that corrupts the Idle calibration that is held in another EPROM that can't be re flashed using Uprev software.

Idle EPROM is reflashed to allow the idle control to work correctly.

Happy customer, we also have sorted out what causes the HR hesitation and using the excellent Uprev software we tune around this issue.

So please don't clean the throttle bodies on your HR or VHR without disconnecting the battery and Ecu.

Pleased we have another happy customer with a NA Zed tuned on Uprev.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hey Mark

Thanks to you and your significant other for looking after us today. I will post a proper write-up about the uprev tomorrow but suffice to say that the car feels much 'healthier' and very perky after the uprev. Don't know if it's because I have the HFCs this time, but I can feel the difference more than when I had the uprev on my previous Z.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Another happy customer here... thanks for the great tune Mark :)

19 extra HP, good and consistent throttle response (cured the hesitation) and very amusing pops and bangs on the overrun :D

Unfortunately Mark is now so good at these that he finished before I could get back to shoot a video...

Corrupted the ECU from cleaning the throttle body? :lol: how does that even happen?