app radio 2 garbage??

Scottjameskerr

just got my 350 and it come fitted with pioneer app radio 2. if downloaded the app that it asks you to then opened it and it then tells me to download a second app wich i have. it shows my iphone is connected i can play songs through the ipod app on the unit however there is no sound. also it does not open the apps just sits on warning screen about watching video while driving. if anyone can help before i rip it out and set fire to it would be much appreciated

thanks

The head unit should be wired up to the hand brake. It will not play films until the hand brake is lifted up but that should only be on if your watching films . You can always check the manual on line , it might just need resetting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

I got mine working after some effort but I found it's seriously underwhelming. Try the "AppRadio Live" app if you want to have a play, the execution is a bit better though entirely US centric the last time I plugged it in.

Using the basic bluetooth takes less effort and engages automatically.

Had one for a year and its very problematic as regards performance. The sound is better when connected by wire and when working its OK but tends to crash out or hang at times meaning you need to reset your phone which means pulling over ( yes it does!). Mine is via an iphone so not sure if its an Apple issue or not as my phone has major problems with my Honda Civic when connected. The Live App is a lot better than the base App Radio/Media player but does need a data signal so do remember that. Its looks pretty when fired up but has some very real software issues, is user hostile. My Zed is a weekend car so I can live with it, if it was my daily drive, would have been removed by now probably. Pioneer seem to be releasing improvements but are months after any Apple software update. The Orange digital radio app is worth downloading and also the apps that come with App Live such as Stitcher. You can put UK content on them and avoid the US stuff. Had a lot of potential but likely to be that multi million pound striker that never gets off the bench.

Had one for a year and its very problematic as regards performance. The sound is better when connected by wire and when working its OK but tends to crash out or hang at times meaning you need to reset your phone which means pulling over ( yes it does!). Mine is via an iphone so not sure if its an Apple issue or not as my phone has major problems with my Honda Civic when connected. The Live App is a lot better than the base App Radio/Media player but does need a data signal so do remember that. Its looks pretty when fired up but has some very real software issues, is user hostile. My Zed is a weekend car so I can live with it, if it was my daily drive, would have been removed by now probably. Pioneer seem to be releasing improvements but are months after any Apple software update. The Orange digital radio app is worth downloading and also the apps that come with App Live such as Stitcher. You can put UK content on them and avoid the US stuff. Had a lot of potential but likely to be that multi million pound striker that never gets off the bench.

It's!!

Since you saw the need to correct me 😉 those who throw stones eh........

It's!!

Since you saw the need to correct me 😉 those who throw stones eh........

Great contribution.

My car came with the Appradio - pretty meh.

I Can play videos off my phone and they display etc.

Have you tried selecting the app on your phone, opening, started playing the music, then selecting the App icon on the head unit?

My apps don't show up on the headunit, but I can still play music via them.

Sorry it's not much help.

I've got a Da-110 app radio, it's shocking! And since pioneer have just announced their new NEX range that's compatible with Apple Carplay they're pretty much giving up on App-radio. Any chance of an update that makes it useable are pretty much gone :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's!!

Since you saw the need to correct me ������ those who throw stones eh........

Its is the possessive form of it, meaning 'of it'. This is possibly why the difference between it's and its causes so many problems. Its, without an apostrophe, is a possessive form, where an apostrophe is usually required. It is similar to words like his and hers, neither of which needs an apostrophe.

...and my Dad can have your Dad

Edited by Mudman