370z forging

nissanman312

Sounds remarkably cheap for a forged build, I paid more than that in parts for my 350 build :scare:

Usually around £5k to £10K to have a fully forged engine built including parts and labour.

Edited by Keyser

That's a part rebuild - no pistons add £1000 that was plus VAT so over £4,500, mine had cams as well - you will probably find GTR pistons are already up to the job but I don't know about a 370 set, depends what power you want I suppose.

The moral here is buy a GTR - then the engine rebuild will be cheaper :thumbs::lol:

• Like 2

It's an engine out job so expensive before you start I'm afraid.

If you go to a professional and use quality parts,get them balanced you will be lucky to get change from 7k without thinking about clutch and other bits that need beefing up.

Or just do it in the USA for half of the UK price and done by proper professionals, see IPP :)

So if you don't have a donor long block motor you can ship to the US you have to pay the surcharge on the engine supplied by the engine builder.

The motor you get back needs all the timing parts swooped over.

Duty and VAT will need to be added to the parts used in the rebuild of the motor prior to importing the motor back in and if pay the surcharge you have to pay Duty and Vat on the long block as well as all the parts or the entire build if it is listed as a full build.

I doubt it will be half the price of a motor built in the UK. remember Andy was talking about a drive in drive out job not just a forged motor supply.