WARNING POSSIBLE SCAM ON PH05 ROD...

UPDATE

Have had Santandar on phone. There is money in the account which has been closed by the TSB. Thet won't disclose how much is in the account so maybe only £1 ...... But we are getting something... The TSB account is based in Sutton, South London so were lead to believe.....

• Like 5

How's about a quick email to the scammer on eBay advising that they picked on the wrong chap.

We now have a forum of X thousand zed owners, comprising people from various professions ranging from police to it experts and many more.

Between them they have a wide set of skills. Skills that make them a nightmare for scammers like you..

You know the rest....

• Like 5

Wow, that was a good 20 minutes reading.

I really hope this gets resolved certainly deserves to with all the help from here. Nice to see a community working so well to help another Z Forum member.

I used to prefer to buy privately, I hear more and more of this though which is very off putting.

Wow, that was a good 20 minutes reading.

I really hope this gets resolved certainly deserves to with all the help from here. Nice to see a community working so well to help another Z Forum member.

I used to prefer to buy privately, I hear more and more of this though which is very off putting.

No problem buying privately though, you just have to follow some quite straight forward rules such as seeing the car etc. and most of the time all is well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen these.. I'm gutted for you mate, hang on in there and your right they're quite elaborate and difficult to spot unless you know what you're looking for and to hunt down.

Id still report to the police, not matter how much you hate them or think they wont do anything.. you never know as they may (one day) find these pricks, seize there pc's and stuff and find your details and that's the only way you're ever going to get anything back I would think.

whatever the solution is it isn't going to be quick I am afraid.

Unfortunately this is what happens when the current government continually attack the police year after year with cut after cut meaning that with a 20% reduction in staff and budgets they can no longer provide the service that we would like and have come to expect.

I apologise to the OP in advance for this but what are the police supposed to do? Hes seen a dodgy ad with a dodgy price and has sent a large sum of cash to a mysterious person without getting any additional information or even checking they have the car in the first place. Its tantamount to walking into a pub youve never visited before and handing £4K to a random bloke at the bar, then going to the police 2 weeks later and saying youve been robbed.

Sorry but its not the banks, the police or Pistonheads that are to blame here.

Rare is it that I disagree with you these days mate but at the point where this is proven theft the police should and must be interested in it.

No matter how gullible you've been you've still been robbed and you pay your taxes so that the police offer you an element of remedy to that end.

Totally get what you are saying about the pub analogy...... Spot on but in this case they have a bank account, eBay addresses, email addresses, fake websites that at the very least they could shut down to stop it happening to other people.

My dad would be a sucker for these things if he had access to the internet. Dumb as a plank the lad is when it comes to scams

Fraud is Fraud.

I have seen these.. I'm gutted for you mate, hang on in there and your right they're quite elaborate and difficult to spot unless you know what you're looking for and to hunt down.

Id still report to the police, not matter how much you hate them or think they wont do anything.. you never know as they may (one day) find these pricks, seize there pc's and stuff and find your details and that's the only way you're ever going to get anything back I would think.

whatever the solution is it isn't going to be quick I am afraid.

Firstly welcome aboard. :welcome:

Also just fyi the Op was really lucky as he got all his money back in the end and has also gone on to buy himself a Zed.

See this thread here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/96205-ph05-rod/

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...