WARNING POSSIBLE SCAM ON PH05 ROD...

100% scam. Anything that starts with "I'm in another country but XYZ is going to handle the sale for me" is a classic sign telling you to walk away.

Sorry pal, but it looks like that cash has long gone. :(

What was the website address?

I agree but if his bank has told him it's ok then he's got a point to start from, must give some hope instead of no hope at all.

Depends on the question that was asked, which we'll never know.

Realistically, the bank aren't going to get involved, and they're certainly not going to refund the money unless ordered to. As far as their records go, the OP transferred one lump of cash to someone else's account: As it was only a small sum (in their terms!), they have no reason to question it.

According to my mate Budenau is a Romanian name. :surrender:

But that's not his name :p;)

Don't start stirring I only said its a Romanian name or you will have octed leaping about..!! :scare:

I'm not stirring, just pointing out your spelling error :lol: And who's your mate, Google? :stir:;)

Charlotte Watson was to supply us a car last week, but smelt a rat when they listed a non existant phone number. then I sent message to contact through Ebay . They got back by via ebay with this ..

I'm posting this On behalf Of my Sister. please reply with your mobile number and my sister will contact you directly.

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 14:51:13 -0700

I gave my mobile number then the next day, was sent a text in which I couldn't reply to. It asked me to email Chalotte Watson. I refered all correspondence to Ebay noting possible scam. Then the copy to Watson.

Basically she had gone abroad and offering a low sale price for quick sale due to needing funds for overseas. There was an agent she left her car with who would deliver after payment.

Two other things .... Put the reg in we buy any car, Watson had priced the car £1000 less than W B A C. Not too alarming as she wanted a quick sale, also the reg bought the right car up in the listing. BELOW CHARLOTTE WATSONS E MAIL...

charwat45@hotmail.com

I do hope you get this resolved mate, I feel for you.

The account is probably set up legitimately so the bank will not get involved. You willingly transferred the cash over so not not fraud, its theft.

Call action fraud, but very unlikely you will get the cash back as it will be long gone.

If its too good to believe, its a scam. Ask me how I know :angry:

Just info for anyone else its always worth putting the transport company in google and seeing if anything comes up suggesting its a scam.

Hope you get your money back, fingers crossed

Edited by gsexr

Ok so I've found that Rebeccabrennan82 has changed her ebay ID to Benharding22 on the 5th of February. It was the previous I'd for 5 years prior to which it was Benharding22 again.

I've messaged him to ask if he still has the 350z for sale. :snack:

• Like 6

I hear what you are are all saying but the OP said the bank ok'd it when he rang an asked the question, someone else said later on that the call would have been recorded, doesn't this go some way to apportioning at least some blame to the bank?

• Like 2

This ^^^^^^^

Even when I've worked for the smallest financial institutions they've had call recording. I'd write to them with the approx time and date of the call and demand a response. If they tell you one thing and do another, and it's recorded, you're well positioned to demand they AT LEAST look into it.

• Like 1

Hacked ebay accounts undoubtedly. Looks like a top notch seller with 100% feedback to give the sale more credibility.

Dude you poor bugger.

That UK bank account is still bugging me though. These are almost ALWAYS Weston Union or some such hard to trace route

• Like 1

OK GUYS, lets try and help this chap between us all .................................

Look below at the Name arunsrinivas. This is the scum listing the cars. As said before, I detected a scam before I parted with cash. Click on him and you will see, he is selling 2 more the same way. Lets try to undercover the scam. Can one person undertake the golf and someone the juke. Finally can somebody notify Ebay our findings including the z scam.

I would join in but have a known account.

LETS GO ...

Re: arunsrinivas has sent a message

New message from: arunsrinivas (6)

I'm posting this On behalf Of my Sister. please reply with your mobile number and my sister will contact you directly.

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 14:51:13 -0700

• Like 1

Sorry to hear man :surrender: My brother is on the look for a Zed and he came across the same car on PH, he showed me the correspondence and in short the guy said he had moved abroad and had left his car to an autotransport company to deal with the sale. My brother questioned me about it and on further enquiry they said we were to make full payment which would go in a bank holding thing and they would ship the car out to our address and if we didnt want the car our money would go back to our account and they would collect the car back. But I said to my brother to ask if we can travel up and see the car but they wouldnt allow it which was hugely suspicious, which questioned did they even have the car in the first place.. with a little more research we found out it was a scam that has been going on for a while now. So luckily we opted out. As said before never part with cash of any sort until you see a car even if its the otherside of UK and started it up for a test drive. Oh and my brother has joined the forum to lookout for Zeds haha. Hope you get your money back... apparently PH knows about this scam but they cant do anything about it.

Surely if PH know, they could ban the ****?

They know of this type of scam - there's warnings all over Pistonheads about this scam but specifically claiming that Pistonheads are the holding company for the car - but can't do anything to stop the adverts appearing. Once they're reported, they usually get taken down quite quickly.

Edited by ilogikal1

I can see PH's point that there are so many adverts they can't trawl them all but I think its irresponsible for them to take payment from people to put genuine cars on there and not do anything but shrug their shoulders and push the issue of fraud happening on their site back to the customer to sort out and report. Surely they could easily have an algorithm that works out each of their car categories average price and if an advert is x% lower then its given a red flag for someone there to check out.

• Like 1