Rocker cover grommets - no need to replace entire RC

RobPhoboS

I spotted this a couple of weeks ago one very late evening and forgot to post the link up.

It's just an alternative to purchasing the full rocker cover, and if you **** it up at least there are some brand new ones available from our Traders here :thumbs:

It's been tried and tested over in the states, and the company WILL ship to us over here in the UK as I've asked them about it already.

'Yes, we do ship international. It will be additional $20 for the shipping charge.'

$175 +$20 shipping (£128 appx)

It will include following items.

- R&D Factory 6 spark plug grommets.

-R&D Factory DIY Alignment tool.

- Nissan OEM Valve Cover Gaskets Both (right and left).

- NISSAN OEM PCV VALVE O-ring seal.

http://www.rndfactory.com

Specifically this page to purchase (email them first if you're unsure):

http://www.rndfactory.com/Web/NISSAN-vc%20kit.html

Installation video guide:

Photo guide:

http://www.rndfactor...n-nissan-A.html

Their grommets are made from a different compound and will outlast the factory grommets.

Main US forum link:

http://my350z.com/fo...it-is-back.html

(Useful vid for removal etc - he does muck this up - but the removal and tips are handy)

Edited by RobPhoboS

• 4 weeks later...

Definietly not a repost, very helpful seeing as those rockers covers are like 300 each as standard. Not 100% sure if im willing to do it (mine does have this issue) incase I balls it up!

Maybe this should be moved elsewhere? forum guides or something as its a repair similar to the click axle fix really. Could save people a lot of time.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1

Over a year ago Abbey fitted refurbed (and carbon dipped - but that is a different story) rocker covers to my DE instead of simply supplying new covers.

Not a sign of any oil leaks since, so repair is certainly feasible (and much cheaper).

David

• Like 1

Yep, I asked Sly when I was down there last time if he would be ok with doing it if i get the kit, a thumbs up from him (and good to know Abbey will do it as well)... at the end of the month I think I'll get it as my ones have been leaking for a while now.

Rob, I can have a look if I can supply these cheaper if you want me to. What's the final price inc VAT, duty and shipping you have at the moment?

Adrian

Octet, keep us updated on this. I have decided I will probably give this a go and do a guide if needed for our members as I am not 100% happy with any ot the others online.

Rob, I can have a look if I can supply these cheaper if you want me to. What's the final price inc VAT, duty and shipping you have at the moment?

Adrian

Hi Adrian, £128 is the price I have for the product kit and shipping but not the duty.

(I'm not sure what the duty would be on a small kit like this ?)

Exactly the same boat as rob :) would do a guide too for the forum or for you Octet for you to Include, whatever really.

It's not too involved getting down to that part of the engine is it? Doesn't look too bad at least.

Adrian, if you bought the kits, do they include, or would you add the correct type of adhesive used to secure the new parts in place?

Also what would happen RE the alignment tool. Think it's something you could buy one of, copy and then offer the same deal they do with a small deposit which is returned if the tool is sent back? To me it looks like a simple price of metal turned on a lathe , but if it saves me drilling a 2 inch hole in the wrong piece of plastic I'm all for it!

Edited by cs2000

Adrian, if you bought the kits, do they include, or would you add the correct type of adhesive used to secure the new parts in place?

Also what would happen RE the alignment tool. Think it's something you could buy one of, copy and then offer the same deal they do with a small deposit which is returned if the tool is sent back? To me it looks like a simple price of metal turned on a large, but if it saves me drilling a 2 inch hole in the wrong piece of plastic I'm all for it!

The kits are exactly as you've seen them on R&D site, no adhesive supplied. We can buy an alignment tool for you then you can rent it for £10 to the other guys to recover your cost? :)

That's what I thought, which is fine. I would seek their advice as to what they see as the best stuff to use in sealing it back up.

Not sure if they sell the alignment tool. They add a $45 surcharge which they return to you when you return the tool. Im guessing its possible without though, just makes life easier.

That guy seemed to have to remove an awful lot of extra tubes and pipes that the service manual doesn't seem to suggest is necessary, plus he drilled wrong and bought the wrong gasket! lol but the earlier parts of the video were useful. Looks like a job you would tackle one side at a time otherwise I think for most people, me included, its a lot of engine to have apart at once!

Still something im serious about doing, just not sure if Sky will be getting another visit from me or I can tackle it myself, looks possible, just now 100%. Yet...

Guys, we can get the alignment tool, we're good to go.

Who wants to set up the group buy in the TORQEN area and explain what the kits are for, what's the saving etc? I'll buy a batch of kits and get them delivered here for you guys. As above, £139 delivered. I'll pay for the alignment tool and lend it to everyone for free. How does that sound?

Adrian

• Like 3