Lowering Springs - Opinions?

nels0n

Hi Guys,

After looking around at suspension setups ive decided i want to go down the springs route, coilovers on a daily car isnt for me anymore but i still want an aggressive look.

So i came across a post on here with a member that had eibach spring kit and it looked fantastic, my question is ive found these that have the same drop as the eibach, does anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/lowering-springs/car/nissan/350z/gmax-lowering-spring-kit-lowers-30mm

Aside from the price difference of about £100, i know the eibach will be better made etc, but i just want the drop and i know it'll be still comfier with springs over coilovers

Cheers

Craig

Personally running TEIN S SPRINGS which many of us are running as a set up. Worth considering..Gives you approx 20mm drop so you can still handle speed bumps.30mm is fairly aggressive although can be done. Just be careful if you have a front lip. I couldn't run at 30mm..

Edited by Payco

Personally running TEIN S SPRINGS which many of us are running as a set up. Worth considering..Gives you approx 20mm drop so you can still handle speed bumps.30mm is fairly aggressive although can be done. Just be careful if you have a front lip. I couldn't run at 30mm..

Thank you! thats what i wanted to know as i was going to buy that nismo style lip for the front. Yeah i was also looking to hear if the cheaper springs were crap, again just came across and thought id ask. Any chance anyones got some photos with the teins on? 20mm if possible.

a springs a spring

In terms of build quality, yes hopefully... but NOT in spring rate.

They are all different, some are linear, some are progressive, some are mixed (like our Tein S).

As I mentioned on the Clark Motorsport thread, very happy with the Tein's, far better than the stock ones in all areas just on OEM shocks.

• Like 2

That looks fantastic Payco, that rear bumper is amazing!

I dont think its low enough for me, i want to clear the arch gaps, like your front sits perfect but the rear looks too high for me.

Does anyone have any photos with 30mm drop please?

Edited by nels0n

Im looking at the eibach 30mm kit, it seems to sit really nice and alot of people saying the ride is smooth too. Ive also seen it with the front lip on and appears to be o..k.

Ive got 20mm and 25mm spacers on so apparently that fits perfect!

I think Paycos looks utterly spot on, perfect consistent gap all around the tyre and arch - but then again its all subjective, I never liked the look of cars slammed down with the tops of the tyres disappearing under the arches.

• Like 2

To be fair looking at Payco's car more and more i think its more what i want, you have those lips on the skirts as well which help it. Also the angle in your signature makes it look different again.

Basically i have a small inspiration :lol: :

4SPuVve.jpg?1

• Like 1